Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NIC WEEK #6

28 minutes ago, MarshallCounty said:

Others may have more details on injuries.  In high school football, it is par for the course to be done a few guys by week 5 or 6.  Young guys get the chance to step up. I hope they are healthy and ready to go in a few more weeks.

Especially, teams with little depth and no off season to strength train

58 minutes ago, MarshallCounty said:

Seperated shoulder for the WR, not sure about the linemen, I heard one was in a walking boot.

The one in the walking boot had a tendon issue but has been back for the last two games.  Seems to be fine now.  

Beleive the other lineman was held out for a possible concussion and general sickness last week.  Did not even make it to the game.

The WR dressed the last two weeks and would punt if needed.  Maybe surgery at some point for a ligament issue?  Waiting to see I beleive as it is a tricky thing because he is a very good basketball player as well.  Not sure how that is going to play out for the rest of his junior year and then next year.

A special teams player and back-up RB has a miniscus issue.  It might be best to get it taken care of as needed as he is only a freshmen and don't want to comprimise his future.

Then the player with the broken arm really hurts as well.  He was an athlete that filled many roles and added key depth at lots of positions.  No activity for 7 or 8 weeks for him, but he has said he will immediately start rehab to get back for baseball and will be playing football again his senior season.

The roster is deep and talented enough to play with everyone left on the regular season schedule if they play to their strengths.  As long as no more issues arise they should be on a level playing field with everyone in the sectional outside of Pioneer.  Will be tough for anyone in that sectional to give them a scare I would think.

• Thanks 1

The word from the diehards that stand along the fence during practice is that the Lions lost another two way lineman for the year last night in practice.  Not going to say anymore without confirmation though.  Guess we will see tomorrow night.  Unfortunate that all of these injuries are happening to this team that had a promising start to the season.  Especially during the week they get to be the 46 game of the week.  

If true, they just don't have enough quality depth to overcome all these season ending irjuries.

1 hour ago, LaSalle Lions 1976 said:

It seems, according to the predictions, there may be only on competitive game this Friday.

Not as many good games as there used to be.  How sad

weird how it goes and with Mishawaka gone too

South and North has 4 good teams that will determine who wins it

51 minutes ago, LionKing said:

The word from the diehards that stand along the fence during practice is that the Lions lost another two way lineman for the year last night in practice.  Not going to say anymore without confirmation though.  Guess we will see tomorrow night.  Unfortunate that all of these injuries are happening to this team that had a promising start to the season.  Especially during the week they get to be the 46 game of the week.  

If true, they just don't have enough quality depth to overcome all these season ending irjuries.

#54!?

1 hour ago, LionKing said:

No, believe he is still a go.  Heard a different kid.  Hopefully, they were wrong in thinking it might be a season ender.  Having #54 still gives them a chance to run the ball maybe.

He’s a good sized kid. I know their two guards are decent too

On 9/20/2020 at 11:27 AM, TurfToe said:

Many thought corona would wipe out the season but here we are....WEEK 6

Bremen at Glenn Š, 7 pm

Elkhart at St. Joseph Š, 7 pm
Marian at Penn Š, 7 pm
Adams at New Prairie Š, 7:30 pm
Clay at Jimtown Š, 7 pm
Riley at Washington Š, 7 pm
F

Bremen by 12 over Glenn- sounds like the lions have a lot of injuries but I think they can overcome them and take it to the Falcons.

Elkhart by 28 over St Joe- Elkhart should have no problem in this one

Penn over Marian by 10- Penn’s size will be a problem for the Knights. 

NP by 26 over Adams- NPs revamped backfield will be to much for the Eagles to overcome.

Jimtown by a ton over Clay. Should be over by the 2nd qtr

Riley over Washington by 6- could be the closest game in the NIC this week.

Bremen was sloppy in the first half, came out in the 2nd half with a wildcat offense and Blake Dingus ran wild. Glenn lost their QB early and their offense was out of synch. The Lions size was the difference in my opinion as the game went on Bremen just powered through and wore down Glenn on both sides. I think the game was closer than the score. Bremen cleaned up mistakes and miscues and finally played a solid game at the end. 

Would of liked to see what Glenn would of down if the QB didn’t go out. 

2 hours ago, MarshallCounty said:

Bremen was sloppy in the first half, came out in the 2nd half with a wildcat offense and Blake Dingus ran wild. Glenn lost their QB early and their offense was out of synch. The Lions size was the difference in my opinion as the game went on Bremen just powered through and wore down Glenn on both sides. I think the game was closer than the score. Bremen cleaned up mistakes and miscues and finally played a solid game at the end. 

Would of liked to see what Glenn would of down if the QB didn’t go out. 

what happened to the qb??

19 minutes ago, MarshallCounty said:

That’s what TV46 speculated.

I would guess by the looks of it he has a more serious issue then a stinger.  He was holding that arm close to his body bent at the elbow.  Shoulder separation or collarbone?  

Looks like Bremen's lineman is going to play the year out and fix his shoulder after the season.  Was really surprised to see him playing last night with what I heard leading up to the game.  I really liked the coaches committing to the running game in the second half.  About time they put the game on that offensive line.  They should ride them the rest of this season and next season.  They could be scary good with only losing one to graduation after this season.  There are a couple others that can fill that one spot and make for one of the best lines in the area.  They should have both speed and power backs to run behind it next year.

Edited by LionKing