Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

OOB forum effectively shut down; more stealth editing by the GID administration.

considering 95% of the "drama" and "reports" stems from that section of the website that truly serves no purpose, @DK_Barons pulled the plug on it which I fully support.  

It truly has turned into a personal political playground for about 7-10 users and continue to go around and around and then it goes too far and lots of energy is used to to moderate that section that serves no purpose to our sport of Football.  

Coach Tim Adams original foresight into that section was a place where you could put on blast your favorite sports teams and players and to a lesser extent a place where folks could banter with @dawgieinthepound back in the day.   

Those days are long gone and now its just pure stupidity from my seat.  Do not have to agree with my sentiment about it, but I personally have had enough of that section going on 4 + years, which is sad because it could of be utilized as a nice section to promote new ideas, pop culture, show/book/etc recommendations, express different Hobbies and such.   Instead its a non stop FACEBOOK lite where everyone gets all twisted up and non stop political garbage spews... rinse repeat. 

That is my answer.   I did not tell DK to hit the eject button, but I made my stance clear on what I thought about the section, however, I am just 1 lone voice.  

The fact that I have spent any energy on this even right now is tiresome to me, but I did feel the need to at least give @Muda69 my thoughts on it.  

Bottom line:  Our website sole purpose was created for the promotion of Indiana High School Football, its players, coaches, communities that participate in it.   

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

considering 95% of the "drama" and "reports" stems from that section of the website that truly serves no purpose, @DK_Barons pulled the plug on it which I fully support.  

It truly has turned into a personal political playground for about 7-10 users and continue to go around and around and then it goes too far and lots of energy is used to to moderate that section that serves no purpose to our sport of Football.  

Coach Tim Adams original foresight into that section was a place where you could put on blast your favorite sports teams and players and to a lesser extent a place where folks could banter with @dawgieinthepound back in the day.   

Those days are long gone and now its just pure stupidity from my seat.  Do not have to agree with my sentiment about it, but I personally have had enough of that section going on 4 + years, which is sad because it could of be utilized as a nice section to promote new ideas, pop culture, show/book/etc recommendations, express different Hobbies and such.   Instead its a non stop FACEBOOK lite where everyone gets all twisted up and non stop political garbage spews... rinse repeat. 

That is my answer.   I did not tell DK to hit the eject button, but I made my stance clear on what I thought about the section, however, I am just 1 lone voice.  

The fact that I have spent any energy on this even right now is tiresome to me, but I did feel the need to at least give @Muda69 my thoughts on it.  

Bottom line:  Our website sole purpose was created for the promotion of Indiana High School Football, its players, coaches, communities that participate in it.   

Exactly.  If one feel the need to be political, and there’s a need right now, there are many more platforms worth exploring.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

I respectfully disagree, and so did the late Tim Adams.  He would have found a way to make certain parties come to an agreement instead of taking such draconian measures.

And this seems to be the mindset of most if not all of the GID admins/moderators lately.   They don't want to moderate, they want to dictate.

1 hour ago, Gipper said:

Exactly.  If one feel the need to be political, and there’s a need right now, there are many more platforms worth exploring.

Links please.  And not facebook.

Edited by Muda69
  • Disdain 1

Good move.  And good riddance.  For a quality guy like Trojan Dad to be lost to the football forum because of some OOB shennanigans is preposterous.

I often thought it was just a race to see who could stack up the most posting points on the scoreboard.

There is not much to moderate any more on the football forum.  There are no high level extended fights or arguments.  Its quite peaceful actually.  Might be time for me to crank up some fresh contraction talk.   That always brings some of the beasts out of their dens.  

15 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Links please.  And not facebook.

Now, is that because you doubt the accuracy of his statement that there are many other platforms, and insist on some form of verification? Or is it because you’re interested in those other platforms and want him to do the work of locating them for you? 😂😆

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Now, is that because you doubt the accuracy of his statement that there are many other platforms, and insist on some form of verification? Or is it because you’re interested in those other platforms and want him to do the work of locating them for you? 😂😆

#2.

Although I had stepped back from the OOB some time back, I do regret having the plug pulled there and likely find my sympathies with Muda.  

I will miss the, once in a while, opportunity to talk about a book, movie or TV series.....or, on rare occasion, something else....and even at its most “uncivil” it was downright polite compared to most other social media alternatives.

And to be clear, TD’s concerns there had little to do with what most participants there were saying to one another....TD could easily handle that...

• Like 1

Also - the only reason I felt compelled to donate a fee each year was because I was on that part of the GID more than anything else, and since it wasn't the football side, I felt compelled to donate each year......I do take notice of how many members/posters on the HS football side of things are active contributors........and I will say, it appears the OOB section may have been carrying the load of the fundraising for the GID.......(IMHO)

So thanks again GID managers......

1 hour ago, swordfish said:

Also - the only reason I felt compelled to donate a fee each year was because I was on that part of the GID more than anything else, and since it wasn't the football side, I felt compelled to donate each year......I do take notice of how many members/posters on the HS football side of things are active contributors........and I will say, it appears the OOB section may have been carrying the load of the fundraising for the GID.......(IMHO)

So thanks again GID managers......

I think you know how I feel about all our boosters, regardless of the reason they decided to donate.  

I signed in this morning and saw the message from @DK_Barons pulled the plug on it

So if it makes you feel better, I was not emailed either,  I know that there wants to be some grand conspiracy about the inner workings of our leadership team and the reasons  why decisions are made, simply put, its just not the case.  

I will ask you this @swordfish and @Muda69   

Sell me on why we should keep that section as is?    What purpose do you both feel that the section provides to the overall health and well being of our website.  

As they say in AM radio, I will hang up and listen........ 

54 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Sell me on why we should keep that section as is?    What purpose do you both feel that the section provides to the overall health and well being of our website.  

It would continue to uphold the vision of the GID as described by it's late founder, Mr. Tim Adams.  IIRC he felt strongly about having a "non-football" forum available on the GID.

4 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

It would continue to uphold the vision of the GID as described by it's late founder, Mr. Tim Adams.  IIRC he felt strongly about having a "non-football" forum available on the GID.

Have you considered opening a new club? I just created one to see if it could be done. It's pretty easy if it gets approved.

Edited by gonzoron
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, swordfish said:

I do take notice of how many members/posters on the HS football side of things are active contributors........and I will say, it appears the OOB section may have been carrying the load of the fundraising for the GID.......(IMHO)

I'm not so sure about that. Out of the 7 boosters currently online, 5 of them are not former members of the OOB.

• Like 1

I think you know how I feel about all our boosters, regardless of the reason they decided to donate.  

I signed in this morning and saw the message from @DK_Barons pulled the plug on it

So if it makes you feel better, I was not emailed either,  I know that there wants to be some grand conspiracy about the inner workings of our leadership team and the reasons  why decisions are made, simply put, its just not the case.  

I never assumed a conspiracy and couldn't really care less, but some advance notification would have been nice especially to those of us who have been on this board since 2006 and donate regularly.  I'm sure there were some members of the OOB clan who would be high maintenance, as I'm sure exists on the football forums as well.    My connection to the GID was made unnecessary after my youngest graduated in 2014, but I remained since the OOB existed and I enjoyed the political banter, as well as it gave me a connection to my local HS football conference, which I still step into now and then to contribute. 

In conclusion, I don't feel the need to "sell" you on anything so I won't.  If you can't find a reason to keep the OOB, so be it.  But if you would like to keep ole SF around and donating every year, then you will need to "sell" me on why I need to contribute to the GID anymore without the OOB.  If not, no harm, no foul, I can easily redirect the double donation I gave this year to someone closer to home just as easy and pop into the NLC thread from time to time for free......

12 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

I'm not so sure about that. Out of the 7 boosters currently online, 5 of them are not former members of the OOB.

As I said - (IMHO)  it is only an opinion since I am not privy to the innerworkings of the GID, nor do I want to be.

• Like 1