Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

OOB forum effectively shut down; more stealth editing by the GID administration.

2 hours ago, Muda69 said:

It would continue to uphold the vision of the GID as described by it's late founder, Mr. Tim Adams.  IIRC he felt strongly about having a "non-football" forum available on the GID.

I remember being in HS around 05ish/06ish and seeing the oob..nothings changed tbh since then. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Alduflux said:

As a longtime GID member I didn't even know oob existed until about two weeks ago, mostly because it wasn't under the "forum" section.  I'm disappointed to see it discontinued.  Oh well.

I just found it about an hour ago. Seen people post about it and didn't know what they were talking about. Was curious so I looked around and found it.

52 minutes ago, psaboy said:

I wondered in there probably 2-3 months ago and participated for a few weeks I think. Got old pretty quick from the left vs right jabs, so I decided to cease and desist.

I jumped out in 2016.  No need to make my opinions clear.  They were already quite PROFOUND!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Yuccaguy said:

I jumped out in 2016.  No need to make my opinions clear.  They were already quite PROFOUND!  

Well, you know what they say about opinions. Everyone has them and like (the word I don't want to mention) b---hole, they all stink. 

57 minutes ago, psaboy said:

I wondered in there probably 2-3 months ago and participated for a few weeks I think. Got old pretty quick from the left vs right jabs, so I decided to cease and desist.

Is that why you joined the new one?

• Haha 2

I’ve joined all the new clubs (Gonzo’s too....I think....I tried, anyway).

Not sure I’ll ever post anything...but I get the mood occasionally.  Hell, I can’t even understand how one might post....I tried.

I’m just a “joiner”, I guess.

Still...as regards Muda, I tried to open a new thread called “Thanks for a Your Support”.  

Thought Muda might like that.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, DT said:

Good move.  And good riddance.  For a quality guy like Trojan Dad to be lost to the football forum because of some OOB shennanigans is preposterous.

I often thought it was just a race to see who could stack up the most posting points on the scoreboard.

There is not much to moderate any more on the football forum.  There are no high level extended fights or arguments.  Its quite peaceful actually.  Might be time for me to crank up some fresh contraction talk.   That always brings some of the beasts out of their dens.  

Your definition of quality guy is different than mine then. 

1 hour ago, TheStatGuy said:

Your definition of quality guy is different than mine then. 

That’s your problem....now that he very gracefully left despite being err....”followed”....yet you are still somehow here despite that.  

Wow....just wow....apparently the Admins are down with it.   

I have many friends here that are without any doubt ABSOLUTELY quality people despite the fact I deeply disagree with them...Gonzo, Foxbat...maybe Irishman these days....unclear to me.  Doesn’t matter...free country.  I would never wish any of them them ill or evenly distantly doubt their quality as people.

Hell, I don’t know squat about Muda outside of the GID but I know he is damned principled and ABSOLUTELY consistent...which tells me something about his quality of character.  In the end, much like TD, I probably agree with him 75% (maybe more) of the time....though it took TD and me some years to realize it.  Still looking forward to arguing with Muda, btw....if this forum survives.  

Fighting with him seems inherently natural to me.  Wouldn’t mind meeting him some day....doesn’t mean we’d like each other....I’m no pushover.

For you “youngsters”,  I wish you could see the multi page arguments over the last 14 years Muda and I have had (let alone the arguments Trojan Dad and Muda have had).

TD was an absolutely straight up quality guy.  His creed was God, Family, America, Center Grove and the MIC.  He’d fight you every step if he disagreed with you but he was a true believer.  Part of the reason he left (and the admins know the others) was that he was going to end up spending more time with his church (clearly unlike me).  

Damn good man.

Honestly, I wish I could be as high a quality guy as Trojan Dad.  

If he, somehow, needs to leave perhaps I do, somehow, as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Lysander said:

That’s your problem....now that he very gracefully left despite being err....”followed”....yet you are still somehow here despite that.  

Wow....just wow....apparently the Admins are down with it.   

I have many friends here that are without any doubt ABSOLUTELY quality people despite the fact I deeply disagree with them...Gonzo, Foxbat...maybe Irishman these days....unclear to me.  Doesn’t matter...free country.  I would never wish any of them them ill or evenly distantly doubt their quality as people.

Hell, I don’t know squat about Muda outside of the GID but I know he is damned principled and ABSOLUTELY consistent...which tells me something about his quality of character.  In the end, much like TD, I probably agree with him 75% (maybe more) of the time....though it took TD and me some years to realize it.  Still looking forward to arguing with Muda, btw....if this forum survives.  

Fighting with him seems inherently natural to me.  Wouldn’t mind meeting him some day....doesn’t mean we’d like each other....I’m no pushover.

For you “youngsters”,  I wish you could see the multi page arguments over the last 14 years Muda and I have had (let alone the arguments Trojan Dad and Muda have had).

TD was an absolutely straight up quality guy.  His creed was God, Family, America, Center Grove and the MIC.  He’d fight you every step if he disagreed with you but he was a true believer.  Part of the reason he left (and the admins know the others) was that he was going to end up spending more time with his church (clearly unlike me).  

Damn good man.

Honestly, I wish I could be as high a quality guy as Trojan Dad.  

If he, somehow, needs to leave perhaps I do, somehow, as well.

Love this Ly. Thank you. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Jeez, CJ....I have no doubt you might mean it but that screams of  all the deep felt sincerity of a Politburo release.

Maybe it's a habit I've picked up working in the Middle East over the past four years, especially in communications -- toe the company line, express personal opinions through the proper channels and at the right time (although in this case I agree with the Illuminati).

• Like 1

Just now, hhpatriot04 said:

Maybe it's a habit I've picked up working in the Middle East over the past four years, especially in communications -- toe the company line, express personal opinions through the proper channels and at the right time (although in this case I agree with the Illuminati).

The first truth of the Illuminati is that there is no Illuminati.  Now...Ancient Aliens....

image.thumb.jpeg.7d867b473adef610b02bce349d134027.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DE said:

Love this Ly. Thank you. 

Where’ve you been?  I totally admit to ducking my head as regards politics around here....and I WILL be ducking it again shortly (I hate this political stuff).....but, damn, I take a long trip to Florida and all of a sudden,  you’re gone, Temptation is gone and TD PMs me he is leaving.

WTF?

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Where’ve you been?  I totally admit to ducking my head as regards politics around here....and I WILL be ducking it again shortly (I hate this political stuff).....but, damn, I take a long trip to Florida and all of a sudden,  you’re gone, Temptation is gone and TD PMs me he is leaving.

WTF?

Indiana is The Land of the Snowflakes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Indiana is The Land of the Snowflakes

It was hot as Hell in Florida....hated coming back....may not after February.

So the snow plows were out?  

BTW, I listened to a great story about Mark Martin and Rusty Wallace hauling an Ed Howe chassis together down from Beaverton, Michigan and  having to hole up in some hotel in Indiana that Winter of ‘78....I was out (somehow) running 7-10 miles per day during that time....ultimately it ended up paying for college.  

If they called it right they holed up in the Gary combination nude strip joint/no-tell hotel I stumbled upon some years later.

My guess is they were not so fortunate...

Edited by Lysander
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lysander said:

WTF?

Ly-

Thank you for asking.  I have sent you a DM.  Have a wonderful day.