Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PAC Week 6

This week is going to be interesting vs HH. I know most teams including GS usually pull out a specific defense to stop the wish/flex bone and GS has shown their strategies to work. But at the same time the defense is struggling to stop the run.

i think GS scores 35 at least. But how much will HH score. Should be a good game to watch

I'm thinking offensively getting #22 in the backfield with #6 would help our running game.  Playing some lineman both ways the entire game might help the run defense.  I have no idea what would help the defense against the pass.  I certainly couldn't do any better.  I'm just venting and it makes me feel a little better but not much lol.  

Boonville @ Mt. Vernon - Both teams want to run the ball, game will go quick. Although MV did win this game last year, I think Mockobee is too much of a difference maker this season. Pioneers by 2 scores.

Forest Park @ South Spencer - Tight one here. Rangers by 1 score.

Gibson Southern @ Heritage Hills - I think the Titans right the ship but still struggle a bit against the run. Titans by 2 scores.

North Knox @ Pike Central - All road teams so far. Warriors roll by 3 scores.

Tecumseh @ North Posey - Vikings by running clock.

Washington @ Princeton - Could go either way. I will take the home team. Tigers by 2 scores.

Game of the week:

Southridge @ Tell City - I just realized how many teams have red in this conference, so Southridge gets black. Tell City can stay in any game with their defense but I think Taylor, Gasser, and Co. are too much business to handle. Raiders by 2 scores.

Edited by Football Fanatic

1 hour ago, GS Titan 78 said:

I'm thinking offensively getting #22 in the backfield with #6 would help our running game.  Playing some lineman both ways the entire game might help the run defense.  I have no idea what would help the defense against the pass.  I certainly couldn't do any better.  I'm just venting and it makes me feel a little better but not much lol.  

Did you delete you other post where you were bashing your school's players?  I was gonna say a little harsh, eh??

11 minutes ago, HHPatriots said:

Mockville

HH (I can't go against the Patriots, this game may be closer than people think)

SR--this may go to a running clock early in the 4th quarter

FP

NK

NP

Flip a coin...Washington?

SR with the running clock? Geez, not giving any credit to the 5-0 Marksmen?  I'm feeling a Raider win, by running clock might be a stretch.

59 minutes ago, 2017statechamps said:

Did you delete you other post where you were bashing your school's players?  I was gonna say a little harsh, eh??

SR with the running clock? Geez, not giving any credit to the 5-0 Marksmen?  I'm feeling a Raider win, by running clock might be a stretch.

Yes was trying too as I got a little carried away.  I apologize if it was offensive to anyone.  I was wrong in doing so.     

1 hour ago, 2017statechamps said:

I mean nothing against the Marksmen here.  They have a great team, probably the best team they have had in 30 years.  BUT, Southridge is playing at a level far higher.  Tell City has yet to play a point producing team, Southridge is battle proven.  Again, I'm not downplaying TC when I say that they probably won't score more than once.   With that said, I do think it will be the only game that Tell City looses and I think they will give Mater Dei a game in sectional, at least I hope they do.  

3 hours ago, GS Titan 78 said:

I have to believe that GS not being able to travel this offseason really put them back on defense. Don’t know if our pass defense is bad but that’s probably because teams don’t pass much vs us...but I think the secondary/LBs in years Past have really benefited from going into the year having everything in place with hundreds upon hundreds of reps.  Feels like this year they have had to scramble to learn both the run and pass against a tough schedule to open the season.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I have to believe that GS not being able to travel this offseason really put them back on defense. Don’t know if our pass defense is bad but that’s probably because teams don’t pass much vs us...but I think the secondary/LBs in years Past have really benefited from going into the year having everything in place with hundreds upon hundreds of reps.  Feels like this year they have had to scramble to learn both the run and pass against a tough schedule to open the season.  

I would say you are spot on.  Traveling and competing in the 7 on 7's like years past is irreplaceable but understand everyone has been dealt the same deck of cards too.  I love GS football and I'm biased, we have one of the best coaching staffs around period.  Sometimes we forget what has been accomplished over the past 9 years.  IB and have no doubt they will figure it out.    

• Like 1

Love the matchups this week. GS/HH, SR/TC and (dare I say) two Big 8 contests..

Purple Cats over Pioneers by 7

GS over HH by 7

Raiders over Marksmen by 2 scores...rooting for TC though 

FP over SS 3 scores 

NK routs PC

NP routs Tec

Tigers over Hatchets by 2 scores

24 minutes ago, 2017statechamps said:

Been eerily quiet.  This week may have the most "evenly" matched games all season.  Should make for some dandy ballgames Friday night.  

Totally agree...that is why expected more talk.  I’ll start...the Titans know where their deficiencies have been and have been working hard to correct them.  I expect a very angry Titan football team on Friday night.  

12 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Totally agree...that is why expected more talk.  I’ll start...the Titans know where their deficiencies have been and have been working hard to correct them.  I expect a very angry Titan football team on Friday night.  

I'm not taking the bait!!  HA 

I do however expect the Marksmen to finally get a dose of reality, and truly see what kind of team they have.  My guess in that one is The Raiders by 28!

AND I think that Mt. Vernon gets exposed and Booneville rips them by four scores!!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Patriot 74 said:

I'm not taking the bait!!  HA 

I do however expect the Marksmen to finally get a dose of reality, and truly see what kind of team they have.  My guess in that one is The Raiders by 28!

AND I think that Mt. Vernon gets exposed and Booneville rips them by four scores!!

Hearing that Mt. Vernon could be getting ripped by contact tracing.   As a whole, tough to put much stock in scores/results this year.  As a HH fan, probably aware of that as any. 

2 minutes ago, Reb08 said:

Hearing that Mt. Vernon could be getting ripped by contact tracing.   As a whole, tough to put much stock in scores/results this year.  As a HH fan, probably aware of that as any. 

HH has not fielded their entire team in one single game this season due to Covid/ injury.  It is a shame for that group of kids.  SS has had the same issue as well.  It must be terribly frustrating for teams, and coaches that have had to deal with this CRAP this year. 

Sending kids home because they were in a class, wearing a mask, sitting socially distanced from a random student who is sick is the definition of insanity IMO.  It also puts those having to play on Friday nights at risk.  No varsity team should have to play sophomores against seniors because of quarantine rules.      

• Like 1