Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PAC Week 6

20 minutes ago, Reb08 said:

Hearing that Mt. Vernon could be getting ripped by contact tracing.   As a whole, tough to put much stock in scores/results this year.  As a HH fan, probably aware of that as any. 

Yeah it sounds like they may be without their QB and some others this week. I think Boonville would probably beat them regardless.

1 hour ago, Football Fanatic said:

Yeah it sounds like they may be without their QB and some others this week. I think Boonville would probably beat them regardless.

The only way Boonville wins this game is if the come out in a true smashmouth offense out of the gate. Mockobee does his best work after the 2nd half adjustment that usually gets made to go to it. This game could be another shoot out. 

3 hours ago, Cappy said:

The 2020 football season could be great experience for some sophomores.... 

agreed. The 2013 GS team rolled out a bunch of sophomores as starters (granted they were really good) and that 2015 team was something super special...look at Tell City now too. Shoot I think some of those guys have been starting for 4 years.

Obviously it’s not ideal but I think good team with tradition can handle it.  This is also why practice is so important. Those underclassmen practice against the seniors every day. Gotta make the most of those reps just in case your number is called on. 

Edited by DumfriesYMCA
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Princeton clarion article on the game says you guys are running an option offense?  

is it still the wish/flex or is it something new?  I don’t think I’ve seen anyone or any news refer to heritage hills as an option team. 

The flexbone would be a triple option offense.

30 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Princeton clarion article on the game says you guys are running an option offense?  

is it still the wish/flex or is it something new?  I don’t think I’ve seen anyone or any news refer to heritage hills as an option team. 

We run wishbone and flexbone and occasionally a pro set, but our main offense is technically an option offense.  

IMO it’s wk #6, this season I’m not sure if any team has played back to back weeks without some sort of player loss due to Covid, injury or other causes. 
if your team is NOT creating personnel depth  in practice up to 3&4 deep this season, then these things are devastating. 
if you are then it just sucks but you can still play. 
Earlier this week Boonville had already cancelled JV game vs Mt Vernon for Monday. 
The goal this year was to create some normalcy for the kids by getting back in the classroom and on the field. Here we are week #6. I’m a fan that is so thankful to the Administrations and Coaching staffs that took the steps trying to make this happen. 
Let’s keep it rolling and enjoy the games. 

15 minutes ago, 1984 said:

IMO it’s wk #6, this season I’m not sure if any team has played back to back weeks without some sort of player loss due to Covid, injury or other causes. 
if your team is NOT creating personnel depth  in practice up to 3&4 deep this season, then these things are devastating. 
if you are then it just sucks but you can still play. 
Earlier this week Boonville had already cancelled JV game vs Mt Vernon for Monday. 
The goal this year was to create some normalcy for the kids by getting back in the classroom and on the field. Here we are week #6. I’m a fan that is so thankful to the Administrations and Coaching staffs that took the steps trying to make this happen. 
Let’s keep it rolling and enjoy the games. 

Indeed.  I don't think any of us thought we would be here in the season or even be in school.  It is great.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Oh you know both teams always have a wrinkle for these matches. Hope that's enough to keep it close against the Titans' D1 QB, while HH has a case of fumblitis this season. 

16 minutes ago, HHPatriots said:

Guys, to be honest, I just didn't give it a thought--obviously.  I was venting in the frustration of the circumstance.  It's too late now, but I will try and remove this.  Again, idiotic on my part, did it without thinking.

Well your not alone my friend.  I made a terrible mistake posting without thinking.  Use it as a learning experience and move forward.  Monday was a wakeup call for me and a life lesson even at my age.  Do the math I graduated in 78 lol.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Okay that’s what I was thinking.  I just thought the use of the word option and not mentioning the wishbone was strange. 

When HH has the personnel and it's working, the power Wishbone is a definite fan favorite, but more so a Coach Clayton remnant and the Flexbone provides another look when you don't have a great throwing QB and don't want to be forced into obvious spread sets in passing situations. That and the pass defense are credit to Coach Wilkerson and staff, and definitely seem to fit HH's current personnel compared to the slew of talent Coach Clayton had to run the Wishbone exclusively or spread it out with QBs like Cutler and others.