Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

HNAC WEEK 6

1 minute ago, Football Guru 25 said:

Here's the matchups...  Looks like a big one in Knox??!!

LaVille @ Knox 

Pioneer @ Triton

Winamac @ Culver

CMA @ N. Judson

N. White @ Caston 

My picks will be later in week!

Knox 28 - Laville 0 - Coach H has Laville's D in good shape this year, but they won't be able to hold off Knox the whole game. I imagine their offense will continue to struggle against the Redskins D as their backers will have a big game.

Pioneer 60 - Triton 0 - Not much to say about this one. 

Winamac 48 - Culver 6 - Let's see if Winamac's offense can score some points this week as they have been held to zero the past two weeks (six points scored by their D against Laville). I bet they get their offense rolling soon with their upcoming schedule. What happened to Culver? 

North Judson 32 - CMA 12 - North Judson is playing some good ball right now as their defense seems to be hot. Should be an interesting matchup against a 4A school(down this year or not). 

Caston 40 - North White 18 - Caston snaps their losing streak this week! 

8 minutes ago, footballer_02 said:

Knox 28 - Laville 0 - Coach H has Laville's D in good shape this year, but they won't be able to hold off Knox the whole game. I imagine their offense will continue to struggle against the Redskins D as their backers will have a big game.

Winamac 48 - Culver 6 - Let's see if Winamac's offense can score some points this week as they have been held to zero the past two weeks (six points scored by their D against Laville). I bet they get their offense rolling soon with their upcoming schedule. What happened to Culver? 

North Judson 32 - CMA 12 - North Judson is playing some good ball right now as their defense seems to be hot. Should be an interesting matchup against a 4A school(down this year or not). 

All blowouts I see...Interesting!

31 minutes ago, Football Guru 25 said:

LaVille @ Knox 

Pioneer @ Triton

Winamac @ Culver

CMA @ N. Judson

N. White @ Caston 

Knox

Pioneer

Winamac

Judson

Caston

Curious to see how vanilla Knox and Pioneer are this week in preparation of next week's matchup. 

2 hours ago, footballer_02 said:

Laville will score against Knox with that spin offense.  Probably a safe bet to pcik Knox by a few TD's.  Laville has had some costly injuries.

3 minutes ago, SteelCurtain88 said:

Laville will score against Knox with that spin offense.  Probably a safe bet to pcik Knox by a few TD's.  Laville has had some costly injuries.

Laville has definitely had their share of injuries.. I hope they do score, I just don't see it happening... Those Knox backers are legit and will fly around. I would bet Laville has less than 75 yards rushing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, footballer_02 said:

Yes, these next 4 games are very winnable for the warriors and should give them chances to fix some of their problems. They gotta get their punt team figured out and their offensive line.  I think moving Podell back to the line was a great idea. He and Schultz can lead the way until Olds' return. Those 3 are the strongest, best and most experienced lineman they have. I'd like to see a line of Podell and Schultz at tackles. Roudebush and Olds at Guards. Seymour at Center.  Russell doesn't have much time and it's shown with the 5 picks. 

Their defense gave up 3 tds to NJ and 2 to LaVille. I like where it's at. Once they get into the flow of the offense John wants to run.. And fix the line and punt.  I think they'll be fun to watch. 

Jalen King quitting and Sullivan moving over to Caston hurt quite a bit...last I knew they had 1 senior. This year for the Cavs will be like 2018.. Next year they return a boatload of kids and could compete for a sectional title. 

LaVille @ Knox (+13)

Pioneer @ Triton (-32)

Winamac @ Culver (-16)

CMA @ N. Judson (+6)

N. White @ Caston (+17) . . .  Comets win game #2 under Coach Porter! 2016 last time Caston won two games in a season.  Keep up the good work Comets and Coach Porter!

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

11 hours ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

LaVille @ Knox (+13)

Pioneer @ Triton (-32)

Winamac @ Culver (-16)

CMA @ N. Judson (+6)

N. White @ Caston (+17) . . .  Comets win game #2 under Coach Porter! 2016 last time Caston won two games in a season.  Keep up the good work Comets and Coach Porter!

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

I’ll take:

Redskins plus 13

Pioneer plus 32

Winamac plus 16

CMA minus 6

Caston plus 17

19 hours ago, footballer_02 said:

Laville has definitely had their share of injuries.. I hope they do score, I just don't see it happening... Those Knox backers are legit and will fly around. I would bet Laville has less than 75 yards rushing. 

If Winamac can hold you guys to 75. Knox might keep you guys below 50

16 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

Possibly. That offense has some getting use to and I'm betting Laville will run it smoother as time goes on. It's not the ideal offense I'd be running with the athletes they have, but what do I know. I'm sticking to the 75+/over! 

Edited by footballer_02

2 hours ago, TheStatGuy said:

I agree with you...seems like the only thing that we can get out of this offense is hope to catch the defense by surprise on a pass or two.  If that isn't happening, we won't be doing anything.  Unless your playing caston, then everything seems to work.  When a freshman backup qb is getting more touches than a stud sr athlete on the team, there is a problem with the offense.  Knox should win thiis with no problem.  Change the name from the spin offense, to spinning your wheels offense.

Edited by SteelCurtain88
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SteelCurtain88 said:

I agree with you...seems like the only thing that we can get out of this offense is hope to catch the defense by surprise on a pass or two.  If that isn't happening, we won't be doing anything.  Unless your playing caston, then everything seems to work.  When a freshman backup qb is getting more touches than a stud sr athlete on the team, there is a problem with the offense.  Knox should win thiis with no problem.  Change the name from the spin offense, to spinning your wheels offense.

How is #10 doing? Any chance he makes it back for sectionals?

13 minutes ago, FarmerFran said:

How is #10 doing? Any chance he makes it back for sectionals?

Last i hear is he might be back by then but not 100% guarantee but against winamac, we lost our starting center and middle linebacker james bettcher and sounds like he may not be back at all.  so we are starting a freshman battery in qb and center.  do uou think ole radke will feel sorry for us come friday night? 

Edited by SteelCurtain88

8 minutes ago, SteelCurtain88 said:

Last i hear is he might be back by then but not 100% guarantee but against winamac, we lost our starting center and middle linebacker james bettcher and sounds like he may not be back at all.  so we are starting a freshman battery in qb and center.  do uou think ole radke will feel sorry for us come friday night? 

Damn... that's a shame. What happened to Bettcher? He's a great kid. 

On 9/21/2020 at 1:35 PM, Football Guru 25 said:

LaVille @ Knox 

Pioneer @ Triton

Winamac @ Culver

CMA @ N. Judson

N. White @ Caston 

Knox 35 LaVille 7

Pioneer 52 Triton 6

Winamac 35 Culver 28

North Judson 36 CMA 10

Caston  36 North White 14

36 minutes ago, Duke of Denham said:

Knox 35 LaVille 7

Pioneer 52 Triton 6

Winamac 35 Culver 28

North Judson 36 CMA 10

So Culver's offense is gonna score more on Winamac then Judson's did?

38 minutes ago, Duke of Denham said:

Knox 35 LaVille 7

Pioneer 52 Triton 6

Winamac 35 Culver 28

North Judson 36 CMA 10

Culver's offense is gonna score twice as many touchdowns as LaVille's did against Winamac?

• Like 1

LaVille has a lot of obstacles to overcome to play with Knox.  Winamac and Caston are not close to any level that LaVille will see this Friday.  OL is still young and got even younger when Bettcher went down.  They loss a ton of starts when Bettcher and Doyle went out.  Especially at Center/QB on offense and MLB/OLB on defense.  To much to overcome.

2 hours ago, TheStatGuy said:

So Culver's offense is gonna score more on Winamac then Judson's did?

Culver's offense is gonna score twice as many touchdowns as LaVille's did against Winamac?

Culver’s offense has been up and running a lot longer than LaVille.  Continuity goes a long way in football.  Culver hasn’t lost any of their physicality.  They may have lost some speed but up front they are still very physical.  

24 minutes ago, Duke of Denham said:

Culver’s offense has been up and running a lot longer than LaVille.  Continuity goes a long way in football.  Culver hasn’t lost any of their physicality.  They may have lost some speed but up front they are still very physical.  

My point still stands. 

You are telling me Culver's offense will score more on Winamac's defense then North Judson's offense did and will score more then LaVille did? LaVille may not have even scored an offensive TD had Winamac been able to prepare for that defense. 

I imagine Winamac will do some reshuffling of their offensive line. If they move Seymour to Center and put Podell at tackle, both are bigger and stronger than who started last Friday. 

32 minutes ago, Duke of Denham said:

And their DL is fine. Their whole defense is so far. I think they'll lead the way Friday. Zehner is a good coach and those kids will be ready to go.