Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

HNAC WEEK 6

1 hour ago, TheStatGuy said:

My point still stands. 

You are telling me Culver's offense will score more on Winamac's defense then North Judson's offense did and will score more then LaVille did? LaVille may not have even scored an offensive TD had Winamac been able to prepare for that defense. 

I imagine Winamac will do some reshuffling of their offensive line. If they move Seymour to Center and put Podell at tackle, both are bigger and stronger than who started last Friday. 

And their DL is fine. Their whole defense is so far. I think they'll lead the way Friday. Zehner is a good coach and those kids will be ready to go. 

Culver scored 20 on Knox in the first half so they can push guys around.  I expect they’ll push the warriors around as well.  

16 hours ago, Mayo77 said:

Seems like lot crapping on laville. Completely disagree.   If laville doesn't turn ball over it will be close.   I'll take Knox in close one 19-17.   

Not crapping at all... they've been crushed this season already with injuries. No doubt in my mind they'll come to play. 

14 hours ago, TheStatGuy said:

My point still stands. 

You are telling me Culver's offense will score more on Winamac's defense then North Judson's offense did and will score more then LaVille did? LaVille may not have even scored an offensive TD had Winamac been able to prepare for that defense. 

I imagine Winamac will do some reshuffling of their offensive line. If they move Seymour to Center and put Podell at tackle, both are bigger and stronger than who started last Friday. 

And their DL is fine. Their whole defense is so far. I think they'll lead the way Friday. Zehner is a good coach and those kids will be ready to go. 

Dude, Winamac was not in the game with Laville. That game is over, let it go...

• Like 1

On 9/22/2020 at 6:01 PM, Mayo77 said:

Seems like lot crapping on laville. Completely disagree.   If laville doesn't turn ball over it will be close.   I'll take Knox in close one 19-17.   

Mayo77 I do not see a lot of crapping on LaVille here. I see complimentary remarks about some talented Knox players.  I also see it made mentioned several times that LaVille has suffered injuries.  When you have a starting QB go down like LaVille has, that is a big blow to a team.  Yet the young man that has been asked to play the position seems like he has done a very admirable job.  I also see that it was mentioned that a two-way player like James Bettcher was injured.  That is another huge loss for the Lancers on both sides of the ball.  James Bettcher is a class kid with a class family. Period!

Doyle's injury affected three spots on that Lancer team - QB, LB, and long snapper.  But from what I've seen the 'next man up' folks are doing a very good job when thrown into the fire.  The depth of this team might be tested, but the heart of this LaVille team is strong! 

Knox is just a better team on paper right now.  The Lancers are young in spots and that youth will be tested. 

Those are facts and uncontested.

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

On 9/21/2020 at 1:35 PM, Football Guru 25 said:

Here's the matchups...  Looks like a big one in Knox??!!

LaVille @ Knox 

Pioneer @ Triton

Winamac @ Culver

CMA @ N. Judson

N. White @ Caston 

My picks will be later in week!

LaVille 16- 13

Pioneer BIG

Winamac BIG

N.Judson by 20

Caston by 12

LaVille @ Knox - LaVille has a great football program under Coach Hostrawser, but their setbacks this year are a lot to overcome.  After a couple of tough early losses, Radtke seems to have the Redskins rolling.  No letdown this week as Knox looks forward to the showdown with Pioneer next Friday.  I think Knox wins this one handily.  Knox 30-10

Pioneer @ Triton - Triton is improved from last season, but they are playing a lot of young players.  I was impressed with their defensive performance against Culver, but they won't have the mindset or the stamina to slow down the Panthers.  Pioneer 52-0

Winamac @ Culver - I was disappointed with what I saw from the Cavs last week against Triton.  Their defense just wasn't very good and their run game was stuffed all night by the Trojans.  I haven't seen Winamac, but they have to be better than Culver.  Winamac 34-13

CMA @ N. Judson - CMA has struggled, but they're playing some pretty decent competition.  Judson is putting up big numbers against weak teams.  At this point I don't see Judson as a top 10 1A team, though they are getting votes.  They will have a chance to prove themselves in the next 4 weeks.  But I think Saturday will be a wake-up call for the Jays.  CMA 28-14

N. White @ Caston - I know nothing about North White and little about Caston.  But have a feeling the Comets will come ready to play and I think they'll get the second of 3 W's they'll get this season.  Caston 28-6

5 minutes ago, FinePrint said:

LaVille @ Knox - LaVille has a great football program under Coach Hostrawser, but their setbacks this year are a lot to overcome.  After a couple of tough early losses, Radtke seems to have the Redskins rolling.  No letdown this week as Knox looks forward to the showdown with Pioneer next Friday.  I think Knox wins this one handily.  Knox 30-10

Pioneer @ Triton - Triton is improved from last season, but they are playing a lot of young players.  I was impressed with their defensive performance against Culver, but they won't have the mindset or the stamina to slow down the Panthers.  Pioneer 52-0

Winamac @ Culver - I was disappointed with what I saw from the Cavs last week against Triton.  Their defense just wasn't very good and their run game was stuffed all night by the Trojans.  I haven't seen Winamac, but they have to be better than Culver.  Winamac 34-13

CMA @ N. Judson - CMA has struggled, but they're playing some pretty decent competition.  Judson is putting up big numbers against weak teams.  At this point I don't see Judson as a top 10 1A team, though they are getting votes.  They will have a chance to prove themselves in the next 4 weeks.  But I think Saturday will be a wake-up call for the Jays.  CMA 28-14

N. White @ Caston - I know nothing about North White and little about Caston.  But have a feeling the Comets will come ready to play and I think they'll get the second of 3 W's they'll get this season.  Caston 28-6

Does anyone think the HNAC could have a 3 way tie for the conference championship?

Knox beat NJSP

Pioneer still has to face NJSP and Knox. 

46 minutes ago, FinePrint said:

If CMA had 60 kids or more on the team I might agree with you.  But they don’t.  CMA looks like two different teams.  First couple games they were slow off the ball and not very physical.  Against Hobart and New Prarie they seemed to find a different gear. Maybe they’re a team that plays up or down to their competition.  The coach at CMA says this game is coming at the right time for them.  

1 hour ago, DE said:

Does anyone think the HNAC could have a 3 way tie for the conference championship?

Knox beat NJSP

Pioneer still has to face NJSP and Knox. 

I don't think they're crowning a conference champ this season. So you're suggesting a three way tie, Knox beats Pioneer then the Jays beat Pioneer? Possibly a two way if Knox can get Pioneer. 

4 minutes ago, footballer_02 said:

I don't think they're crowning a conference champ this season. So you're suggesting a three way tie, Knox beats Pioneer then the Jays beat Pioneer? Possibly a two way if Knox can get Pioneer. 

I could be wrong, but wouldn't it be a 3-way tie IF......

Pioneer beats Knox, then Pioneer loses to NJSP, while NJSP and Knox win out?

And if Pioneer wins all other games.

Fun and competitive small school conference.

Good luck to all HNAC teams.

3 minutes ago, DE said:

I could be wrong, but wouldn't it be a 3-way tie IF......

Pioneer beats Knox, then Pioneer loses to NJSP, while NJSP and Knox win out?

And if Pioneer wins all other games.

Fun and competitive small school conference.

Good luck to all HNAC teams.

Yes, I wasn't thinking right... that would have Pioneer, Knox & Judson all with one conference loss. 

1 hour ago, Mayo77 said:

I don't understand why there would be any conversation about no conference champion.  In next 4 weeks it will be obvious by records.  I understand the laville and winamac situation but still makes zero sense.   

I'm right there with you. It couldn't be that hard to figure out... 

3 hours ago, Mayo77 said:

I don't understand why there would be any conversation about no conference champion.  In next 4 weeks it will be obvious by records.  I understand the laville and winamac situation but still makes zero sense.   

How does it make zero sense to not have a conference champion in any sport if not ALL the games are played with ALL the teams in the conference playing each other?

Winamac will not play two HNAC teams

LaVille will not play two HNAC teams

Pioneer will not play two HNAC teams

Triton will not play one HNAC team

Knox will not play one HNAC team

That's eight HNAC games that will have not been played.

Caston, Culver, and North Judson-San Pierre are the only three teams that get to play all seven HNAC games.

from_the_sidelines007

41 minutes ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

How does it make zero sense to not have a conference champion in any sport if not ALL the games are played with ALL the teams in the conference playing each other?

Winamac will not play two HNAC teams

LaVille will not play two HNAC teams

Pioneer will not play two HNAC teams

Triton will not play one HNAC team

Knox will not play one HNAC team

That's eight HNAC games that will have not been played.

Caston, Culver, and North Judson-San Pierre are the only three teams that get to play all seven HNAC games.

from_the_sidelines007

You really think winamac would have beat Knox in week 1 or laville would have beat pioneer?  Cmon!!!!   If a team finishes season undefeated in the conference games they played they are the champs in my book.   Triton plays pioneer tonight.    You really think Triton has a gripe at championship after pioneer puts 50 on them????   

43 minutes ago, Mayo77 said:

You really think winamac would have beat Knox in week 1 or laville would have beat pioneer?  Cmon!!!!   If a team finishes season undefeated in the conference games they played they are the champs in my book.   Triton plays pioneer tonight.    You really think Triton has a gripe at championship after pioneer puts 50 on them????   

Here's the problem

What if Pioneer goes 5-0, Knox 5-1 and what if Winamac went 5-0 in conf? Winamac and Pioneer share? 

That wouldn't make sense... Doing first team and 2nd conference will be fine, coach of the year and player of the year. 

41 minutes ago, Mayo77 said:

Doesn't matter what I think. Bottom line is: 8 HNAC  games are not going to be played.

Let's ask this from another angle.

If baseball season is not played due to COVID, is there a Mr. Baseball? Can you pick an all-state baseball team with no games played?

C'mon man.

as always,  the game is better

from_the_sidelines007 

• Like 1