Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Open Club  ·  47 members  ·  Free

OOB v2.0

School Choice is Good For America; round 4

Muda69

19 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Not really digging into this topic, but this is not all correct. It is illegal for union dues to go to political action committees associated with the organization. IPACE is the PAC for ISTA, and all money given to IPACE is voluntary

https://www.twlglawfirm.com/new-york-construction-accident-lawyer/can-union-dues-be-used-for-political-purposes/ 

mmmmmmmm.  disagree.  if i didn't ask to make sure my dues didn't get used for political reasons, then they would have.

6 minutes ago, Irishman said:

They are compliant with the law. 

👌

how about my other fact about dues being "voluntary"?  compliant?  yes.  greasy and not 100% forthcoming?  yes

19 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

What, you don't believe in the concept of "in loco parentis" when it comes to public school teachers and administrators?  

I once had an assistant superintendent pull that line on me once in a discussion we had over the IMHO illegal search of high school students belongings.

God forbid something ever happened where I needed to shield/protect a kid, yes I would shield/protect that child from harm, but no, I do not believe in co parenting/in loco parentis with the government.

And yes, my thinking has changed over the 19+ years I have been a teacher.

Edited by DE

1 minute ago, DE said:

👌

how about my other fact about dues being "voluntary"?  compliant?  yes.  greasy and not 100% forthcoming?  yes

wtfe.....dues ARE voluntary. There is no forced membership. There is a long form to complete and sign to join. Automatic membership has not been allowed since the late 80's. 
In fact, here is the form to complete to join.
https://www.ista-in.org/uploads/files/Membership-Form.pdf 

4 minutes ago, Irishman said:

wtfe.....dues ARE voluntary. There is no forced membership. There is a long form to complete and sign to join. Automatic membership has not been allowed since the late 80's. 
In fact, here is the form to complete to join.
https://www.ista-in.org/uploads/files/Membership-Form.pdf 

👌

you are obviously not understanding.  that is ok.

i never ONCE said membership is forced.  you did.

be well.

Edited by DE

14 minutes ago, Irishman said:

The opt out for contributing to the PAC:

ISTA.png

your own words

As I said, you don't understand.  It is ok.  I will take the blame and say I did not explain it to your level.  Should I differentiate my instruction for you?

I know what I said.  I know it is "voluntary", but there is ANOTHER step I need to take to NOT have my money used for political reasons.

Teachers unions are an arm of the democrat party.  Disagree?  Prove it.

16 minutes ago, DE said:

I know what I said.  I know it is "voluntary", but there is ANOTHER step I need to take to NOT have my money used for political reasons.

Agreed.  That separate PAC waiver form is lame.  There should be a checkbox on the aforementioned membership form PDF to do just that.    And in this day and age why you still have to fill out a paper form to join such a forward thinking, progressive  organization is very strange.  Joining, editing, and quitting such an organization should all be possible online.

22 minutes ago, DE said:

As I said, you don't understand.  It is ok.  I will take the blame and say I did not explain it to your level.  Should I differentiate my instruction for you?

Teachers unions are an arm of the democrat party.  Disagree?  Prove it.

This paragraph says it all about the type of person you are.   I know, you'll sleep tight. 

Edited by Robert
  • Like 1
  • Disdain 1

Thanks Muda, I know I tried to get you for lunch or dinner when I taught at Frankfort.  You weren't friendly enough to engage.  I know in person we'd all get along. The words here are unfriendly.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Robert said:

Thanks Muda, I know I tried to get you for lunch or dinner when I taught at Frankfort.  You weren't friendly enough to engage.  I know in person we'd all get along. The words here are unfriendly.  

You are welcome.

24 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Agreed.  That separate PAC waiver form is lame.  There should be a checkbox on the aforementioned membership form PDF to do just that.    And in this day and age why you still have to fill out a paper form to join such a forward thinking, progressive  organization is very strange.  Joining, editing, and quitting such an organization should all be possible online.

Yep.  Only progressive for their agenda/s.

22 minutes ago, Robert said:

This paragraph says it all about the type of person you are.   I know, you'll sleep tight. 

Thank you for your support.

19 minutes ago, DanteEstonia said:

That's a line the white Southerner would use to keep black people out of restaurants. 

So for you all private/parochial/charter schools should be forced to accept a quota system for admissions, where a certain percentage of the student body needs to be a racial minority.  Is that correct?

12 hours ago, Muda69 said:

So for you all private/parochial/charter schools should be forced to accept a quota system for admissions, where a certain percentage of the student body needs to be a racial minority.  Is that correct?

https://www.nevadacurrent.com/2021/12/01/charter-schools-turning-to-weighted-lotteries-to-attract-low-income-students/

11 hours ago, DE said:

Democrats

FIFY

Except that Strom Thurmond fellow. He was GOP for most of his career. 

13 hours ago, Muda69 said:

So supporters of school choice in Indiana are also racists.  Got it.

People are utterly clueless and can not think for themselves.  Throwing the terms racist and all the other progressive buzz words around has totally blown back in their faces and lost all meaning.

People that throw those words around are the true ones.  They are using old Nazi techniques....blame others of what you are guilty of doing.

Teachers union spends more on Dem causes than its own members, analysis finds: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/teachers-union-spending-democratic-causes-its-own-members-analysis

A new analysis of the National Education Association's spending shows that in 2020-2021 the teachers union spent a fraction of its money on representing members and more than double that amount on political activities.

According to data compiled by Americans for Fair Treatment, 17.6% of the NEA's spending went to political activities and lobbying, with just 8.6% going to representational activity. Political activities also accounted for more spending than employee benefits, which made up 15.1% of the organization's expenditures.

The NEA spent a total of $374 million during the 2020-2021 fiscal year. A meager 9% of the union’s spending was on 'representational activities,' or money that is spent directly to support its members," AFFT CEO David Osborne said in a statement. "In contrast, 18% went to political activities, while another 32% went to 'contributions, gifts, and grants,' spending that is also largely political in nature. Those numbers show where their priorities lie."

"The National Education Association’s (NEA) political and charitable spending in 2020-2021 makes the NEA look more like a political organization than a membership organization," Americans for Fair Treatment added in its report.

"Contributions, gifts and grants" was the NEA's largest expense category at 31.5%, but the analysis showed that spending that falls under that label can also be political in nature as it included a $1 million contribution to the left-wing super PAC Future Forward USA Action.

The NEA also has its own super PAC, NEA Advocacy Fund. The union gave $15.7 million to the super PAC between Sept. 1, 2020 and Aug. 31, 2021. It also gave $1.85 million to the Strategic Victory Fund super PAC, which contributes money to Democratic candidates and causes, and $6.7 million to the State Engagement Fund, which is part of the Democracy Alliance network that supports left-wing causes and candidates.

The union's political spending increased significantly over the previous year, from $51 million in 2020 to $66 million in 2021. It also brought in $377 million in member dues, ($200 annually per member), approximately $2 million more than the prior year, even though membership decreased by more than 65,000.

Yep, definitely now a political organization masquerading as a labor union.  It's dues-paying members should be proud of the subterfuge.

• Thanks 1