Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Open Club  ·  47 members  ·  Free

OOB v2.0

School Choice is Good For America; round 4

Muda69

27 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Don’t tag me…not even interested in discussing it, especially with you. It has nothing to do with the previous conversation. 

Ah.  This is soooooo rich.  Spoken from the side of tolerance and acceptance by all.  Will not even listen and see facts.  Too late.  Your comments, or shall I say, lack thereof, speak volumes.  No wonder why so many families are choosing to leave public education.  They are beginning to see right through it all.  You guys keep up the charade.  I am trying to fix the brokenness from the inside.  

Nice try though pal.  Good luck with that endeavor.  And this is all just the tip of the iceberg.

31 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Don’t tag me…not even interested in discussing it, especially with you. It has nothing to do with the previous conversation. 

😂 🐂💩

• Sit and spin 1

1 hour ago, Irishman said:

IDK - Maybe a parent wants to switch their kids to a private school or a non-union school?  Isn't that School Choice?  

Or is this the first time you have ever seen a GID topic hijacked before?

39 minutes ago, swordfish said:

IDK - Maybe a parent wants to switch their kids to a private school or a non-union school?  Isn't that School Choice?  

Following, since he doesn't want me to tag him.

Scary that educators are sticking their heads in the sand (or other places) when in comes to the complete corruption of teachers unions, that has recently been released (well some of us knew and tried to share, but got zuckered or called a conspiracy theorist or a purple for parents supporter).

Kind of funny how Purple for Parents got all the bad publicity, but the red for ed are the ones with all the FACTS out to hurt them.

Almost like the leftie teachers unions and their minions were purposely slandering the PFP.  

I see tons of red for ed posters around school.  Wonder what would happen if we start to see Purple for Parents signs start popping up?

Whatcha say Irishman?

1 hour ago, swordfish said:

As the topic in general goes, no one here is going to convince anyone of anything to change their points of view. So it was pointless to keep responding. 

I did not consider it highjacking a thread honestly. But to tag someone to try and draw them into a conversation when you believe they have an opposing view? For all that even Muda and I disagree about, I cannot think of a time he tagged me with news or thoughts out of nowhere. Just like his replies to me on my recent dead pool post a couple weeks ago, it is a dick move. I just refuse to engage with someone in any conversation who chooses to act like that. 

16 minutes ago, Irishman said:

I did not consider it highjacking a thread honestly. But to tag someone to try and draw them into a conversation when you believe they have an opposing view? For all that even Muda and I disagree about, I cannot think of a time he tagged me with news or thoughts out of nowhere. Just like his replies to me on my recent dead pool post a couple weeks ago, it is a dick move. I just refuse to engage with someone in any conversation who chooses to act like that. 

I don't think this particular tag was out of nowhere, Irishman. You have participated in this forum thread in the past have you not?  Even if most of your participation is downvoting posts.  

And it is your decision to ignore the tag or not.    If this forum functionality is so disruptive and invasive to the user receiving the tag perhaps it should be disabled?

51 minutes ago, DE said:

Scary that educators are sticking their heads in the sand (or other places) when in comes to the complete corruption of teachers unions, that has recently been released (well some of us knew and tried to share, but got zuckered or called a conspiracy theorist or a purple for parents supporter).

Kind of funny how Purple for Parents got all the bad publicity, but the red for ed are the ones with all the FACTS out to hurt them.

Almost like the leftie teachers unions and their minions were purposely slandering the PFP.  

I see tons of red for ed posters around school.  Wonder what would happen if we start to see Purple for Parents signs start popping up?

Whatcha say Irishman?

Purple for Parents?  I am not familiar with this organization.  At least it doesn't ring a bell.

17 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

I don't think this particular tag was out of nowhere, Irishman. You have participated in this forum thread in the past have you not?  Even if most of your participation is downvoting posts.  

And it is your decision to ignore the tag or not.    If this forum functionality is so disruptive and invasive to the user receiving the tag perhaps it should be disabled?

Yes, I have participated in the past on a couple of very specific points or questions raised. But the links posted had nothing to do with any conversation I chose to be a part of. The tag was simply to draw out an opposing view. Had it been a quote, ok...but it was not. There are benefits to the tag, and I am not saying anyone cannot use the function. I have from time to time if I have a question for someone I think will have an answer. I have razzed yucca from time to time as well. I still think it's a dick move to be used in a manner of challenging what is thought to be an opposing view. My purpose is to have him not tag me simply because I don't want to engage in the conversation he tried to start. Otherwise, it may have gone on and on, and become even more annoying. And there had already been a history of it....before this. 

19 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Purple for Parents?  I am not familiar with this organization.  At least it doesn't ring a bell.

Sure.  Happy to help.

https://purpleforparentsindiana.com/

17 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Meh, no thanks.  Their views on America as a "Christian nation" and championing of book burning are a big negative for me.

It is just amazing how groups can be so parallel yet one gets applauded and one gets slammed.

10 hours ago, DE said:

It is just amazing how groups can be so parallel yet one gets applauded and one gets slammed.

The master of the cryptic comment — and everyone is supposed to somehow understand what he’s talking about.

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

The master of the cryptic comment — and everyone is supposed to somehow understand what he’s talking about.

You come off as the most intelligent person anytime you open your mouth.  You can figure it out.

16 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Please elaborate.

teacher's unions and p4p both want what is best for kids.  correct?

both groups look to censor books, one way or another.  correct?

those are 2 simple, direct examples.

18 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Please elaborate.

sure

8 minutes ago, DE said:

sure

Thank you.  I don't recall ever hearing about a public sector teacher's union advocating the banning of books from school libraries.  Do you have a link(s)?

Also I'm wondering if book banning and book burning are functionally the same thing.  Never really thought about it...........

And I really don't think teacher's union necessarily want what is best for kids,  some of these union's actions during the pandemic really highlight that IMHO.  And you have to look at what the core mission of a public sector labor union is. It's too protect it's members above all else.  

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Thank you.  I don't recall ever hearing about a public sector teacher's union advocating the banning of books from school libraries.  Do you have a link(s)?

Also I'm wondering if book banning and book burning are functionally the same thing.  Never really thought about it...........

And I really don't think teacher's union necessarily want what is best for kids,  some of these union's actions during the pandemic really highlight that IMHO.  And you have to look at what the core mission of a public sector labor union is. It's too protect it's members above all else.  

I will send you a dm w an exact story from my teaching career.  Would that suffice?

Very fair point.....

Agreed.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

And I really don't think teacher's union necessarily want what is best for kids,

A teacher’s union is like any other large organization, be it a corporation, government, organized religion, etc. They all have, as their first principle, the perpetuation and prospering of the organization itself. All other purposes are subordinated to that one. There may be instances where that purpose and the “best interests of the kids” coincide, but it is just that: a coincidence.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, DE said:

sure

That’s like saying a surgeon and an executioner are the same. After all, they both cut off body parts from living people, don’t they? If you’re going to make the case that one group is being treated unfairly, the analysis should be a bit more in depth than what you’ve offered.

47 minutes ago, Bobref said:

That’s like saying a surgeon and an executioner are the same. After all, they both cut off body parts from living people, don’t they? If you’re going to make the case that one group is being treated unfairly, the analysis should be a bit more in depth than what you’ve offered.

Oh, I concur.  

I am saying both groups use the same "logic", but one group truly does care what is best for the student.

• Haha 1

Classical charter school with ties to conservative college makes plans for Carmel location

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/local/hamilton-county/education/2022/04/08/valor-classical-school-makes-plans-hamilton-county-opening/7220933001/

(Note: Story is behind a paywall)

A new charter school with ties to a college known for its conservative values and connections to former president Donald Trump's administration is making plans to come to Hamilton County.

Valor Classical Academy is partnering with Hillsdale College to create a public charter school in Hamilton County, per a news release. 

The school plans to open to K-6 students in fall 2023. But where, exactly, the school will be located is not finalized. 

Valor “will provide a classical, civic-centered education rooted in American heritage and focused on character and virtue,” according to the news release that goes on to say students are taught “good habits and character through the study of content-rich materials and enduring methods.” 

Over the past year, schools in suburban Hamilton County have faced criticism from some over what they deemed to be "critical race theory" but was more often about social emotional learning and diversity, equity and inclusion work.

Interest in a classical education in Hamilton County is “for reasons greater than the sum of just last year,” said Holly Wilson, the founding board president for Valor. The school is seeking volunteers and enrollment interest ahead of the charter application process.

Charter schools have more autonomy than a traditional public school in exchange for more accountability, per the Indiana Department of Education’s website, and must meet state and federal requirements as well as those established in their charter.

Founders of Valor are seeking charter authorization through Grace College, a Christian college with about 1,200 students in Winona Lake, Indiana, which is in the northern part of the state near Warsaw.

Wilson said the organizers are having “informative and encouraging discussions” with Grace and the aim is to receive authorization by the end of August, roughly a year before students would start.

Grace Schools Charter Authority is currently the authorizer for four charter schools: Seven Oaks Classical School in Ellettsville, Smith Academy for Excellence in Fort Wayne and Dugger Union Community School and Otwell Miller Academy, both in southwestern Indiana.

Good for Carmel and Hamilton County. More school choice is always better.

6 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Classical charter school with ties to conservative college makes plans for Carmel location

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/local/hamilton-county/education/2022/04/08/valor-classical-school-makes-plans-hamilton-county-opening/7220933001/

(Note: Story is behind a paywall)

Good for Carmel and Hamilton County. More school choice is always better.

I live close to one of those in Vegas. Haven't heard much good about it. 

• 2 weeks later...