Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

DTs Dandy Dozen - Stellar Performances Year To Date

Guest DT

6 minutes ago, Bears62 said:

Really wish Jeff could join a new conference because they need stronger competition badly, but i really just don’t see any options. The past 3 years they would probably fit right in the 4-5 spot in the HCC. They’ve taken down Westfield and Noblesville in sectionals recently and also played Carmel good 2 years ago, were even up 14-0 on them. Would be hard for them to be the only Lafayette school to leave the NCC. Harrison would probably be the the second worst HCC team this year ahead of Franklin Central (could maybe beat Noblesville but i doubt it) and McCutcheon is just a lost cause at this point. Really nowhere for them to go, but they have surely made themselves a reputable opponent in the past 5 years

Did the Laf schools get the boot from the HCC due to travel issues, lack of competitiveness, or both?  Or other?  

2 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

The big Tippecanoe County and Lafayette government schools fled the HCC several years ago for the NCC (Jeff has already flip-flopped, it had already been in the NCC since 1931).  Don't think the HCC would welcome them back with open arms.

I agree, but just speaking theoretically where else would they even fit in at? They would at least be another competitive team in the HCC and it’s a 45-60 minute drive to all those schools which isn’t ideal but also not terrible. I know it’s most likely not going to happen but they need to go somewhere 

2 minutes ago, DT said:

Did the Laf schools get the boot from the HCC due to travel issues, lack of competitiveness, or both?  Or other?  

Lack of competitiveness had to be the main reason

12 minutes ago, Bears62 said:

Really wish Jeff could join a new conference because they need stronger competition badly, but i really just don’t see any options. The past 3 years they would probably fit right in the 4-5 spot in the HCC. They’ve taken down Westfield and Noblesville in sectionals recently and also played Carmel good 2 years ago, were even up 14-0 on them. Would be hard for them to be the only Lafayette school to leave the NCC. Harrison would probably be the the second worst HCC team this year ahead of Franklin Central (could maybe beat Noblesville but i doubt it) and McCutcheon is just a lost cause at this point. Really nowhere for them to go, but they have surely made themselves a reputable opponent in the past 5 years

OK, I’ll say it: put Jeff in the Duneland!!!

8 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

The big Tippecanoe County and Lafayette government schools fled the HCC several years ago for the NCC (Jeff has already flip-flopped, it had already been in the NCC since 1931).  Don't think the HCC would welcome them back with open arms.

I thought they were asked to leave by the HCC schools

Just now, Gipper said:

OK, I’ll say it: put Jeff in the Duneland!!!

I was going to say the Hoosier Conference,  but ok.

1 minute ago, DT said:

Yeah, maybe they were.  I don't know the specifics.

10 minutes ago, DT said:

They were asked to leave. I think the Circle City would be a good spot for them for football. Play all 4 of those schools, 3 local non-conference games with West Lafayette, Harrison and McCutcheon. That leaves them 2 more games to play some other big boys across the state. Duneland would be a trek but still has to be worth not having 6 gimme-wins every year. But have to keep in mind this would affect all sports which would make it more difficult on sports like baseball and basketball to have to find a lot of more opponents to schedule

19 hours ago, DT said:

6. FW Carroll  4-1 / The high flying Chargers are sitting atop the Summit , tied with Dwenger and Homestead for the conference lead.  Doug Dinan's team is averaging 48 ppg on offense, even after scoring only 3 TDS in a 31-21 loss last week to Dwenger.  Carroll is one of the fastest rising 6A programs in the state.  Look for them to be in the mix in November

There is a lot to like about what is going on at Carroll. Not only do they have a good coach, but they have an enrollment of 2412 in an area that is still growing and a 7 million dollar football stadium coming their way in 2021. Whoever takes out Carroll in the tournament will have to put a minimum of 35 points on the board. Carroll already faced the best defense north of Indy (opinion) and managed 3 touchdowns against them. 

6A North will come down to Merrillville, Elkhart, Carroll, and Homestead. That's right, don't count out the Spartans just yet. They finally have a defense to compliment their perennial offensive fire power. And it looks like their new quarterback (might as well just refer to Homestead as Quarterback U) has found his rhythm. 

5 minutes ago, BTF said:

There is a lot to like about what is going on at Carroll. Not only do they have a good coach, but they have an enrollment of 2412 in an area that is still growing and a 7 million dollar football stadium coming their way in 2021. Whoever takes out Carroll in the tournament will have to put a minimum of 35 points on the board. Carroll already faced the best defense north of Indy (opinion) and managed 3 touchdowns against them. 

6A North will come down to Merrillville, Elkhart, Carroll, and Homestead. That's right, don't count out the Spartans just yet. They finally have a defense to compliment their perennial offensive fire power. And it looks like their new quarterback (might as well just refer to Homestead as Quarterback U) has found his rhythm. 

Merrillville has a date with HSE or Westfield at semi-state IMO

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bears62 said:

Merrillville has a date with HSE or Westfield at semi-state IMO

I guess I got so caught up thinking about actual "north" programs that I forgot all about Sectional 4. So yeah, I think there are 7 pretty good teams that it will come down to. Can't forget about Lafayette Jeff either. 

9 minutes ago, BTF said:

I guess I got so caught up thinking about actual "north" programs that I forgot all about Sectional 4. So yeah, I think there are 7 pretty good teams that it will come down to. Can't forget about Lafayette Jeff either. 

6A 1 Center Grove 6A = 113.95 5-0

6A 3 Brownsburg 6A = 103.47 5-0 

6A 5 N.Cent.(Indpls)6A = 96.23 4-1

6A 6 Carmel 6A = 93.35 3-2

Merrillville 6A = 93.11 4-0

Westfield 6A = 92.40 4-1

Lawr. North 6A = 92.08 3-2

Hamilton SE 6A = 90.02 3-2

Ben Davis 6A = 89.88 2-3

Avon 6A = 87.42 2-3

Sure is a nice time to be coming out of the north 🤣. I only see those ratings separating more as the season progresses. Winner of the north gets the opportunity to not have a gauntlet of the south and to say they've made it to a state championship.

Edited by FridayNightLights

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

At The Inferno? Egad, man! You’ve taken leave of your senses!

Rumor has it the Devils are not at full strength with quite a few players still under quarantine (15+ I was told).  A lot of young players are going to see their first action under the Friday Night Lights.  Kudos to the kids and staff for not postponing and going with a "next man up" mentality.  

10 minutes ago, FridayNightLights said:

6A 1 Center Grove 6A = 113.95 5-0

6A 3 Brownsburg 6A = 103.47 5-0 

6A 5 N.Cent.(Indpls)6A = 96.23 4-1

6A 6 Carmel 6A = 93.35 3-2

Merrillville 6A = 93.11 4-0

Westfield 6A = 92.40 4-1

Lawr. North 6A = 92.08 3-2

Hamilton SE 6A = 90.02 3-2

Ben Davis 6A = 89.88 2-3

Avon 6A = 87.42 2-3

Sure is a nice time to be coming out of the north 🤣. I only see those ratings separating more as the season progresses. Winner of the north gets the opportunity to not have a gauntlet of the south and to say they've made it to a state championship.

No different than any other year. Fifteen of the last nineteen state champions came from schools with enrollments of 5286, 4499, and 3821. Keep thumping that chest. 

15 minutes ago, FridayNightLights said:

Anything can happen in a one game scenario.  IF, and it's a big IF, Center Grove gets upset in the tournament, the team coming out of the North can compete with any of those other teams in the South.

If Center Grove makes it to State, I'll be heading to the bars early that night because I won't need to stick around LOS after the 2nd quarter.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, FridayNightLights said:

Carmel can attest to how nice it is to come out of the north and avoid the MIC gauntlet in the south.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, vito said:

Rumor has it the Devils are not at full strength with quite a few players still under quarantine (15+ I was told).  A lot of young players are going to see their first action under the Friday Night Lights.  Kudos to the kids and staff for not postponing and going with a "next man up" mentality.  

I have lived in Lowell about 13 years.  People here love their RDP, but safety comes first, they all know that.

5 minutes ago, Prospect said:

Carmel can attest to how nice it is to come out of the north and avoid the MIC gauntlet in the south.

Nothing is in stone, anything can happpen.

1 hour ago, Gipper said:

Should be a great game, but who has KV really beaten?  A few 2A schools, Wheeler who is legitimately good.  Lowell’s defense is really good, Mr. Carden will have his work cut out for him.

RDP 27, Kougars with a K 8

HMMMMMMMMM

Aug. 28 at Kankakee Valley 4A L 7 45    
Sep. 4 at Lowell 4A L 13 26

One game one week prior was 38 point difference,  next week 12 point difference

HMMMMMMMMMM

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

I was going to say the Hoosier Conference,  but ok.

Yeah, maybe they were.  I don't know the specifics.

Why would Jeff slum in a 3a/2a conference ? 

29 minutes ago, vito said:

Full strength Lowell, IMO, loses to Full Strength KV,  just my opinion.  

1 hour ago, Bears62 said:

They were asked to leave. I think the Circle City would be a good spot for them for football. Play all 4 of those schools, 3 local non-conference games with West Lafayette, Harrison and McCutcheon. That leaves them 2 more games to play some other big boys across the state. Duneland would be a trek but still has to be worth not having 6 gimme-wins every year. But have to keep in mind this would affect all sports which would make it more difficult on sports like baseball and basketball to have to find a lot of more opponents to schedule

I like your idea.  And joining the CC would be good for ALL sports.  The travel woulfd be much lighter    Would Harrison also consider going?  Jeff and Harrison could also consider Conference Indiana.  Either would be a better spot than The NCC, which is dying due to city population declines

1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

HMMMMMMMMM

Aug. 28 at Kankakee Valley 4A L 7 45    
Sep. 4 at Lowell 4A L 13 26

One game one week prior was 38 point difference,  next week 12 point difference

HMMMMMMMMMM

Why would Jeff slum in a 3a/2a conference ? 

Full strength Lowell, IMO, loses to Full Strength KV,  just my opinion.  

I respect that, but will respectfully disagree.  We’re still cool, though, right?

1 hour ago, DT said:

I like your idea.  And joining the CC would be good for ALL sports.  The travel woulfd be much lighter    Would Harrison also consider going?  Jeff and Harrison could also consider Conference Indiana.  Either would be a better spot than The NCC, which is dying due to city population declines

Yes. Conference Indiana. And I assume they would just use commuter flights for travel?

8 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

Yes. Conference Indiana. And I assume they would just use commuter flights for travel?

Look at your map and compare Jeffs current travel commitments to what they would have in the CI/CC scenario.

Then report back to me with your findings by 10PM this evening.