Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

New Conference Proposal - Big 12

Guest DT

Munster has played its way out of a potential opportunity in The DAC

The two Hammond schools will drive the next round of conference realignment in The Region.  Morton and Hammond Central will both likley be 5A schools and they should be very competitive in Region football .  I still see them both winding up in the NCC.  Id like to see East Chicago and gary West Side in the league as well.

Highland - Lake Central

Munster - Chesterton

Lowell  - Crown Point

Hobart  - Merrillville

KV  - Rennsy

Andrean - New Prairie

Morton  - TF South

Hammond Central  - TF North

East Chicago  - Griffith

Gary West Side - Calumet

For football and basketball, its a dynamite conference.  The city schools will struggle in the country club sports regardless of their conference affiliation.  It is what it is.  

I really like this 9 game football schedule for all schools.  Another option is to play 8 conference games with one non con.  Ive offered up some non con options next to each NCC school :

Personally, I’m down with the way things are.  I get to watch CCC games and then get a chance to see CI teams Southport and Bloomington South.  I’d just like to see a game against Columbus North once.  

Everybody says the CI is a disaster but is it really?  

Why?  Honest question.

7 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Personally, I’m down with the way things are.  I get to watch CCC games and then get a chance to see CI teams Southport and Bloomington South.  I’d just like to see a game against Columbus North once.  

Everybody says the CI is a disaster but is it really?  

Why?  Honest question.

CI has a bad reputation because so many schools have left the conference and because the travel perception is so negative.   

Decatrur Central, Martinsville, Perry meridian, Franklin Central, Pike and Lawrence Central have left in the past decade.  All wound up in a better place.  So there is something inherently wrong with CI that transcends the overall positive reputations of its current member schools.

When a conference only has six schools, there is the constant unending threat of further defections.  That potential threat cripples CI's long term survivability.  I believe the conference basically operates from year to year.

Edited by DT

10 hours ago, DT said:

Munster has played its way out of a potential opportunity in The DAC

The two Hammond schools will drive the next round of conference realignment in The Region.  Morton and Hammond Central will both likley be 5A schools and they should be very competitive in Region football .  I still see them both winding up in the NCC.  Id like to see East Chicago and gary West Side in the league as well.

Highland - Lake Central

Munster - Chesterton

Lowell  - Crown Point

Hobart  - Merrillville

KV  - Rennsy

Andrean - New Prairie

Morton  - TF South

Hammond Central  - TF North

East Chicago  - Griffith

Gary West Side - Calumet

For football and basketball, its a dynamite conference.  The city schools will struggle in the country club sports regardless of their conference affiliation.  It is what it is.  

I really like this 9 game football schedule for all schools.  Another option is to play 8 conference games with one non con.  Ive offered up some non con options next to each NCC school :

Morton, Hammond Central, East Chicago, and West Side would only be able to compete in a select limited amount of sports. It would be disastrous in most sports and they wouldn't even field teams in others. For better or worse, those 4 will either be on an island by themselves or go Independent. 

Hanover Central, Wheeler, Griffith, and even Boone Grove would all be better options for NCC expansion. Possibly looking at Illiana Christian in the future depending upon their level of growth.

14 hours ago, Gipper said:

Exactly.  Just visualize yourself on the Chesterton swim team coming back from McCutcheon High School on a snowy Thursday night with a Calculus exam the next morning.

Something like that would be scheduled on a Saturday. No different than Lake Central going to Penn on a weekday and the Duneland was fully on board with bringing Penn in a few years ago. I like the idea of bringing the Lafayette schools into the fold, but I realize it will never happen. I do believe Penn and Elkhart will happen at somepoint. It will be interesting to see how they navigage the time zone diffrences with the Kingsmen and Lions.

40 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

Something like that would be scheduled on a Saturday. No different than Lake Central going to Penn on a weekday and the Duneland was fully on board with bringing Penn in a few years ago. I like the idea of bringing the Lafayette schools into the fold, but I realize it will never happen. I do believe Penn and Elkhart will happen at somepoint. It will be interesting to see how they navigage the time zone diffrences with the Kingsmen and Lions.

Saturday games/meets could be a very good idea.  I was just drawing on my own past experiences except that A) I never to Calculus in school and B) I have never been to MHS.