Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Week 6 Score Thread

Final 

Bombers 35

Warriors 19

Props to the Warriors for picking up this game and at the last minute.  It was an entertaining first half with the Bombers up by one score.  Man, the Bombers had a TON of penalties.   I think at times that was helping the Warriors stay in the game.  Second half was mostly the Bombers.  Once they got up 2 scores they pretty much kept it there.  Warriors QB played a pretty decent game.  His legs helped the Warriors sustain drives a few times.  Looking forward to see what the Warriors can do next week against the Miners.

25 minutes ago, itiswhatitis said:

Final 

Bombers 35

Warriors 19

Props to the Warriors for picking up this game and at the last minute.  It was an entertaining first half with the Bombers up by one score.  Man, the Bombers had a TON of penalties.   I think at times that was helping the Warriors stay in the game.  Second half was mostly the Bombers.  Once they got up 2 scores they pretty much kept it there.  Warriors QB played a pretty decent game.  His legs helped the Warriors sustain drives a few times.  Looking forward to see what the Warriors can do next week against the Miners.

Thanks for the updates 

1 hour ago, itiswhatitis said:

Final 

Bombers 35

Warriors 19

You were spot on my friend:    9 for 85,  have not been that sloppy all year, all legit it seemed when I reviewed it on the IPAD.   Back to Back 15 yarders helped their last score for sure.   

We had 30 1st downs and 429 yards of offense and held NK to 9 1st downs and 209 of total offense, but didn't capitalized in key moments, especially 1st half. 

NK runs simiular offense as us, with a few wrinkles so it was fun to see it and go against it.  Appreciate all of the NK folks, coaches and players, to make this happen.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

You were spot on my friend:    9 for 85,  have not been that sloppy all year, all legit it seemed when I reviewed it on the IPAD.   Back to Back 15 yarders helped their last score for sure.   

We had 30 1st downs and 429 yards of offense and held NK to 9 1st downs and 209 of total offense, but didn't capitalized in key moments, especially 1st half. 

NK runs simiular offense as us, with a few wrinkles so it was fun to see it and go against it.  Appreciate all of the NK folks, coaches and players, to make this happen.  

Didn't know exactly how many but knew there were quite a few (penalties) especially in that second half.  That first half was actually entertaining.  Close game.  Given the situation, I think the Warriors gave a good account of themselves.  By the way, they play Linton this Friday.  Thanks for "softening" them up for us.  LOL  I thought the QB for North Knox played a fairly decent game against that Bomber defense.  He had a few nice runs.  But overall, the Bomber defense made the stops when they needed to.  Once it got to a 2 score lead in the 3rd quarter, it seemed that North Knox just couldn't keep up.  They couldn't get their stops.  Kinda put them at "arm's length" as the saying goes.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, itiswhatitis said:

Final 

Bombers 35

Warriors 19

Sounds like a great game.  Props to everyone involved to make this game go at the last minute.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gipper said:

Sounds like a great game.  Props to everyone involved to make this game go at the last minute.

It was a good game actually.  I was surprised that it even happened.  I'd love to see the Bombers and the Linton Miners work out something and start a series with each other. I know it's a long haul between schools but maybe they could work out something like yesterday and play at a neutral site.