Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

6A #3 Merrillville @ 3A #1 Bishop Chatard next week

Just saw this one was scheduled on Twitter, has to be the best matchup of the year that Covid has brought us so far. Huge opportunity for Merrillville here to cement themselves as state title contenders with a win next week. Praying this one will be streamed

Edited by Bears62
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Whiting89 said:

Merrillville will destroy them they have 5 plus D1 players

I will be very interested to hear how this one turns out. I’ve seen Merrillville. They are big, fast, and athletic. But Chatard is a different animal than what they usually face. Very disciplined, and they fear absolutely nothing and no one. Merrillville has a problem with penalties. They’ll find that they can’t give away 75-100 yds. in penalties and beat a team like Chatard. It’ll be a great contrast in styles.

• Like 1

from Harrells Game Capsules

Merrillville (5-0) at Indianapolis Chatard (5-1)
GAME TIME: 7:30 pm ET, Bishop Chatard.
COACHES: Brad Seiss, 36-26 in 6th year at Merrillville, 49-43 in 9th year overall. Rob Doyle, 37-11 in 4th year at Bishop Chatard.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Bishop Chatard, 95.42, 5th overall, 1st in 3A. Merrillville, 92.8, 8th overall, 6th in 6A.
LAST OUTING: Merrillville defeated LaPorte, 33-7. Bishop Chatard defeated Guerin Catholic, 38-0.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Merrillville 14-13. Bishop Chatard 18-9.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: No meetings.
jh PREDICTION: Bishop Chatard, 28-21.
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Lysander said:

You’d likely need to check with the Merrillville AD.  We had 250 (I believe) tickets available to Cathedral for that game.   They have not been selling tickets at the gate.

The State restrictions on crowd size have been lifted if there is a written plan in place for the gathering. I'm not sure if Marion County is still under restrictions. I agree, should probably check with the schools involved.

4 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

The State restrictions on crowd size have been lifted if there is a written plan in place for the gathering. I'm not sure if Marion County is still under restrictions. I agree, should probably check with the schools involved.

I don’t know.

As boosters we’ve had season tickets for every sport so our tickets are reserved but, to my knowledge, there are still no gate sales of tickets.  I’d strongly suggest anyone interested reach out to each of the school’s athletic departments.

3 minutes ago, Lysander said:

I don’t know.

As boosters we’ve had season tickets for every sport so our tickets are reserved but, to my knowledge, there are still no gate sales of tickets.  I’d strongly suggest anyone interested reach out to each of the school’s athletic departments.

My mother’s a Chatard alumna—as such do I get any perks?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lysander said:

As boosters we’ve had season tickets for every sport so our tickets are reserved

Hamilton Heights suspended all season ticket sales. In the past, I have bought a "Family" pass every year that gets any or all of us into any school event at any level. This year is killing me having to pay every time we go. Plus my daughter believes she has to attend every single event in every sport. They aren't even honoring my "Golden Husky Pass" that is supposed to get me in to any school function for free. It's given out free to alumni over 60 who live in the school district.

1 minute ago, gonzoron said:

"Golden Husky Pass"

It only expires if I do. Or evidently if there is a pandemic.

• Haha 1