Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PAC Week 7

40 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

@Cappy I take it PC was going to play TC this week? Or were there two games cancelled?

It’s going to make for an interesting tournament this year. Although from the sound of things the IHSAA may need to figure out the whole quarantined team thing in the volleyball tournament too. 

Yes. Looks like Pike Central cancelled. Tell City's twitter page says they are looking for a game.

Does anyone have word whether both boonville and GS have found a week 9 opponent? 

I know they agreed that they will play each other unless they BOTH find a week 9 opponent. Going into week 7 figure maybe there would be some word of something if it was going to happen. 

personally would still want to face boonville as a GS fan. Give us a big test to see how much we have improved since the first matchup

Just now, DumfriesYMCA said:

Does anyone have word whether both boonville and GS have found a week 9 opponent? 

I know they agreed that they will play each other unless they BOTH find a week 9 opponent. Going into week 7 figure maybe there would be some word of something if it was going to happen. 

personally would still want to face boonville as a GS fan. Give us a big test to see how much we have improved since the first matchup

To my knowledge nothing has changed yet.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

The freshman is the starter.

I guess you know better than the rest of us about who the starter is for Mt. Vernon. However I think they might be asking about Luke Hoehn. He is a JR this year. He started and played QB for Mt. Vernon vs. Forest Park, South Spencer, Heritage Hills, and Owensboro Catholic this year. 

40 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

The freshman is the starter.

Junior, Luke Hoehn was the starter.  Hearing he was a victim of contact tracing.  Freshman is now the starter.  Very talented kid who didn't look like a freshman against Boonville.  However, still a tough ask being a freshman playing against Gibson Southern.

With everything going on, it's a blessing to be able to play each week.  Can be taken away pretty quickly.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sr1 said:

I guess you know better than the rest of us about who the starter is for Mt. Vernon. However I think they might be asking about Luke Hoehn. He is a JR this year. He started and played QB for Mt. Vernon vs. Forest Park, South Spencer, Heritage Hills, and Owensboro Catholic this year. 

Early pre-season talk was the Freshman was going to start and the only film I watched was Boonville.

3 minutes ago, Reb08 said:

Junior, Luke Hoehn was the starter.  Hearing he was a victim of contact tracing.  Freshman is now the starter.  Very talented kid who didn't look like a freshman against Boonville.  However, still a tough ask being a freshman playing against Gibson Southern.

With everything going on, it's a blessing to be able to play each week.  Can be taken away pretty quickly.

Coached against the freshman a couple times...very familiar with him.  I think just about every team has taken some sort of Covid hit.  We are indeed lucky here in Indiana.

Edited by Titan32

As a guessing man...I would have to guess a number of starters contact traced out and they just don’t want to play the young guys more than what they already were.

CALL BOONVILLE. LETS RUN THAT GAME BACK AGAIN 

Thinking on it. Boonville probably had to cancel on princeton this week so that won’t work 

Edited by DumfriesYMCA

41 minutes ago, GS Titan 78 said:

That doesn't make sense.  

Here are the facts: 

MVHS was contacted by Boonville HS a little after 2 PM today.  A Boonville player tested positive for Covid that was a two-way starter.  This player had symptoms on Saturday, therefore you have to go back 48 hours for contact tracing, which puts the game on Friday night into question.  Per Posey County Health Officials, any MV player that touched the positive Boonville player during the game (tackle, blocked, ran into, etc.) would be quarantined for 14 days.  MV lost 16 varsity players.  I did not impact the MV JV squad, because most of those kids did not play on Friday night.  

As a result, MV will not be able to play the next two weeks.  

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Reb08 said:

Here are the facts: 

MVHS was contacted by Boonville HS a little after 2 PM today.  A Boonville player tested positive for Covid that was a two-way starter.  This player had symptoms on Saturday, therefore you have to go back 48 hours for contact tracing, which puts the game on Friday night into question.  Per Posey County Health Officials, any MV player that touched the positive Boonville player during the game (tackle, blocked, ran into, etc.) would be quarantined for 14 days.  MV lost 16 varsity players.  I did not impact the MV JV squad, because most of those kids did not play on Friday night.  

As a result, MV will not be able to play the next two weeks.  

Should be noted, that this was not the decision of MVHS.  They only followed what was mandated by county health officials.  Contact tracing is ridiculous.  Now makes Boonville, Mount Vernon, and Tecumseh that are shut down for football.  Any others??