Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SAC week 7

8 hours ago, Purdue Pete said:

Looks like C v H is the only game that will get much attention this week.  C by 3

how is Concordia looking this year?  Much improved over last year? 

When Concordia is heathy and have their #1 QB playing, with the D they have are decent, should make regional, be tough to get past Probably be hard for them the advance past regional game with Chatard or West Lafayette as likely opponent. 

21 hours ago, psaboy said:

When Concordia is heathy and have their #1 QB playing, with the D they have are decent, should make regional, be tough to get past Probably be hard for them the advance past regional game with Chatard or West Lafayette as likely opponent. 

Concordia was Dwengers best all around team they played.  The Concordia defense is legit.  
If not for 2 very costly turnovers on their first 2 drives, that game could be 14-10 Concordia at half.  

To beat Carroll, make Becker go left and take away the deep ball. 

If Dwenger played Homestead again, they would win by 21 minimum. 

On 9/28/2020 at 11:41 AM, jakone said:

Carroll at Homestead

Dwenger at Luers

Northrop at Snider

South Side at North Side

Wayne At Concordia

Just wanted to say thank you @jakonefor starting the thread each week!

Carroll over Homestead 

Dwenger in a battle with Luers. Always close

I like Northrop over Snider

North over South

Cadets over Generals 

1 hour ago, WilELee said:

I agree with @Mebuck, thanks to @jakone, but these threads would be a lot more interesting if there were a few non-conference games sprinkled in the SAC schedules.

With the Covid-19 Pandemic hanging over all of the fall high school sports scene, Everyone should just be so lucky, to be able to compete with conference play, before the IHSAA state series; for now. I understand, this idea of wishful thinking.

To all those who want Non-Conference Games: Who are you kicking out? 

You can not eliminate a FWCS school because they will have to remain together. That leaves either "smaller school" Luers/Concordia or "big schools" Dwenger/Homestead/Carroll.  

So all you are going to do is eliminate one quality opponent to gain another one. 

You don't have to kick anyone out. Each year the bigger (more successful) schools don't play one of the smaller (less successful) schools. That team you don't play rotates. Every year you play 8 of the other 9 SAC schools, and the team you don't play is different every year.

I know AD's wouldn't like having to schedule these games, but from a fan standpoint I'd love to root for Luers against Eastbrook or Snider against Penn or even South Side against Anderson.

I know this is wishful thinking.

8 minutes ago, jakone said:

IF Carroll didn't have Dwenger on their schedule this year and Homestead didn't have South Side on their schedule it would be a huge advantage for Carroll.

The top teams (averaged over the last 4 years or so) always play the top teams, so Carroll would have played BD, but maybe Homestead didn't play SS. Snider would have really screwed up the system this year.

I agree you have a valid point, if North Side had the year that it looked like they were going to early, they might have had an easier road to the bell. I don't mind throwing a perennial middle of the pack school having a good year a little luck.

7 hours ago, SAC_Coach said:

To all those who want Non-Conference Games: Who are you kicking out? 

You can not eliminate a FWCS school because they will have to remain together. That leaves either "smaller school" Luers/Concordia or "big schools" Dwenger/Homestead/Carroll.  

So all you are going to do is eliminate one quality opponent to gain another one. 

You split the SAC into two divisions either by mutual/balance or be size. 5 teams each division, or you go rob NE8 conference of New Haven and Leo and have two 6 team divisions. The you have either 4 or 5 games in your division, a rotating cross over game or two (depending if you have 10 or 12 total teams) and then 2 OOC games and then last week have a champion week games of #1 vs #1 from other division. #2 vs #2 and so forth. 

I like it the way it is. 9 games I don't have to plan travel. As a BD fan regional and semi state games are a nightmare to plan and get out of work to travel to. Hell even sectionals can be Two hour drive. "Logansport".

To find good quality competition you have to head to the region or Indy.

Keep it simple.

11 hours ago, psaboy said:

You split the SAC into two divisions either by mutual/balance or be size. 5 teams each division, or you go rob NE8 conference of New Haven and Leo and have two 6 team divisions. The you have either 4 or 5 games in your division, a rotating cross over game or two (depending if you have 10 or 12 total teams) and then 2 OOC games and then last week have a champion week games of #1 vs #1 from other division. #2 vs #2 and so forth. 

It's really a simple scenario, but it will never happen unfortunately. The SAC is content with "ease of scheduling" by having ten teams play a nine game schedule. From the outside looking it, it appears that simplicity overrides interesting matchups and higher attendance. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BTF said:

It's really a simple scenario, but it will never happen unfortunately. The SAC is content with "ease of scheduling" by having ten teams play a nine game schedule. From the outside looking it, it appears that simplicity overrides interesting matchups and higher attendance. 

Yeah, I know. The schools and fans like the ease of all conference games and little travel. I do think it is a negative when if comes to state playoffs. Yes the SAC is a very good conference, 3rd or 2nd in state, but the teams are struggling when it comes to matching up year in and year out vs the traditional power teams of respected class. Probably be the way it is for quite awhile. Just was hoping SAC may look at being on cutting edge and trying something new one of these years. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, psaboy said:

Yeah, I know. The schools and fans like the ease of all conference games and little travel. I do think it is a negative when if comes to state playoffs. Yes the SAC is a very good conference, 3rd or 2nd in state, but the teams are struggling when it comes to matching up year in and year out vs the traditional power teams of respected class. Probably be the way it is for quite awhile. Just was hoping SAC may look at being on cutting edge and trying something new one of these years. 

I couldn't agree more. 

• Like 1