Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

1 hour ago, CoachDurham said:

This is a little hard to read, and I cant find them on Draftkings. Are you saying LaVille is +27 and Knox is -9?

If those are betting lines, I need to go see about a 2nd mortgage................

Friday, Oct. 2 - WEEK #7 Hoosier North Athletic Conference
Caston at Culver - The Cavs are a bit of a mystery.  They averaged 22 points a game over the first few weeks - including 28 on Knox - and then lay an egg against Triton and Winamac.  They'll play better this week against Caston, but the Comets will be able to put points up as well.  Should be a good game, but I'm picking the Comets to get win #3 and play their way out of the HNAC cellar for the first time since West Central left.  Caston 33-29
Glenn at LaVille - How can you not be impressed with the way the Lancers handled Knox last week?  They should be a confident group heading into this rivalry game.  Glenn has faltered lately after their big win over Jimtown.  Knox pummeled Glenn.  LaVille pummeled Knox.  LaVille with a double-pummel of Glenn!  LaVille 42-14
Pioneer at Knox - If you think Knox will hang with Pioneer, then you are essentially saying LaVille would have the potential to beat the Panthers this year.  We may find out later, but history tells us that the Lancers in their best years are still no match for Pioneer.  I don't see the Panthers having any trouble with the Redskins this week.  I think Radtke is a great coach!  But I would not be surprised if he is losing the team with his old-style approach to player motivation.  Pioneer 36-7
Triton at North Judson - Judson should win this easily.  Earlier in the  year I thought Triton might be able to make a game of this one, but last week they were short a couple guys that hurt the team.  I don't know about tonight.  But the Jays at home will pull away in the second half.  North Judson 35-10
West Central at Winamac - Nothing to see here.  The Warriors should win big.  Winamac 48-7

BTW - Great to see everyone still playing this far into the season!  Kudos to the players and staff for taking precautions and staying on the field!

22 hours ago, Mayo77 said:

Still mad at the beatdown Knox put on at Glenn?  I mean it was close for 4 minutes.      I think defense will play much better than last week.   Will be a game where points are hard to come by.   

Naaa, 14-7 Glenn @ half with a back up QB.

Winamac 35 West Central 12

Sloppy game on both sides, lots of penalties 

Winamac left a couple tds on the field (one by choice at end of game). Gotta play better next week. Caston throttled WC a few weeks ago. 

17 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

Winamac 35 West Central 12

Sloppy game on both sides, lots of penalties 

Winamac left a couple tds on the field (one by choice at end of game). Gotta play better next week. Caston throttled WC a few weeks ago. 

You say sloppy and I say it was 16 vs 11.  And for your information, I'm typing this from the ER since the "sloppy" play of hitting helmet to back of the head after the play ended up putting my son here.  

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, TurfToe said:

lol, you crack me up. Big plays by Pioneer?

A ton of big plays by pioneer.  It was much worse than the 38-20 score shows.  The offense was brutal.  And to say brutal is actually a understatement.  It was like watching a slow version of Culver.    Defense played well in 2nd half but game was over.    The one thing I really didn't like was Knox's leading rusher #3 wagner was on sideline 50% of time maybe more.   

18 minutes ago, Coach Murray said:

You say sloppy and I say it was 16 vs 11.  And for your information, I'm typing this from the ER since the "sloppy" play of hitting helmet to back of the head after the play ended up putting my son here.  

I'm sorry your son is injured and I hope he's fine. It was a scary situation. 

You know football is a physical game..I'm sure you know the risks. 

You complaining about refs doesn't shock me, you cried last year when our back up fullback and starting right guard (who was 3rd string fullback) scored touchdowns on you guys.  I don't even know why winamac still plays you guys. You haven't beat winamac in 11 tries and probably won't for the next 5 to 6 years in football and havent beat winamac in the last 12 meetings and won't in basketball for quite awhile.  

3 minutes ago, Mayo77 said:

A ton of big plays by pioneer.  It was much worse than the 38-20 score shows.  The offense was brutal.  And to say brutal is actually a understatement.  It was like watching a slow version of Culver.    Defense played well in 2nd half but game was over.    The one thing I really didn't like was Knox's leading rusher #3 wagner was on sideline 50% of time maybe more.   

Ouch! That tough and don’t understand why your best runner is not in 90 percent of the time. Glenn housed a 50 yard fumble recovery 1st half and receivers caught some deep balls to set up the second TD. Had it until the last 2 mins of the game. 4th and 14 and they call pass interference. Saftey has his hands up and never touched receiver. Ball then hit the back of the safeties head. 

• Haha 1

Just now, TheStatGuy said:

I'm sorry your son is injured and I hope he's fine. It was a scary situation. 

You know football is a physical game..I'm sure you know the risks. 

You complaining about refs doesn't shock me, you cried last year when our back up fullback and starting right guard (who was 3rd string fullback) scored touchdowns on you guys.  I don't even know why winamac still plays you guys. You haven't beat winamac in 11 tries and probably won't for the next 5 to 6 years in football and havent beat winamac in the last 12 meetings and won't in basketball for quite awhile.  

You love winamac so much but you're on here talking about Cass.  Why don't you pick one and stay with them wannabee.  And last time I checked, this was a football site so quit bringing up basketball.  You just love stirring the pot and can't stand the honest truth that Winamac flat out plays dirty and always will.  

• Disdain 1

45 minutes ago, Coach Murray said:

Best wishes to your son.

3 hours ago, Gipper said:

Best wishes to your son.

It was really scary. I feel bad for the kid. 

3 hours ago, Coach Murray said:

You love winamac so much but you're on here talking about Cass.  Why don't you pick one and stay with them wannabee.  And last time I checked, this was a football site so quit bringing up basketball.  You just love stirring the pot and can't stand the honest truth that Winamac flat out plays dirty and always will.  

I can cheer for Tippecanoe Valley (lady friends son is a 6th grader in school corporation)

I can cheer for Cass cause one of my sister's graduated from there, I am close with the Johnson family and still support Tyson and Kendal. I'll be at the next Cass football game.

I support John and Mark Hendryx along with Ed Shank and Gavin Fulmer. I also support the kids. 

You can't handle the truth. Winamac, Pioneer and oddly Caston joined the HNAC due to the talent levels dropping at the other MWC schools. Y'all had no where to go, got your brains beat in and bailed to go back to one of the weakest conferences in the state. I don't know why winamac still plays West Central. I hope this is the last meeting. 

I'm not on here to bash kids. Are there some kids I don't like the way they play? For sure. I was pissed at all the chirping last night but you accuse me if not handling the truth, I didn't see you bring any of the chirping up that your kids were doing or the 15 yard or penalties the trojans got. (there was what 3 on 1 play?)

Jadon Jones had a great game tonight. The freshman keeps getting better and better. 

Really liked how Remi Schwartz, Zayne Bell and Trent Fox played too. Russell Compton was the man tonight. 

Leman, Nuest and Huber played well for WC.. would like to see them play on a team like Winamac or Culver.. teams that lack that breakaway speed. 

22 hours ago, Duke of Denham said:

Ill take the Bluejays at +18.  I'll even donate a portion to the GID.  A small portion....Any takers?

Triton at NJSP (+18)

So if you are a man of your word . . .  and I take it you are.  And IF and I emphasize the word IF you were a betting man, you would be making that donation to GID.

The line was NJSP +18 . . .  the final score was NJSP 30, Triton 12.  That is exactly 18 points.  The house wins all ties.  See the donation link as The GID is still taking donations to cover expenses for the year.

Let's see how we did on the others:

Glenn at LaVille (+27). If you took Glenn, You would have won.

From what I watched on a live stream, the game was much closer than some expected.  I think jh had his pick at 31-17, if I remember correctly.

LaVille had the ball inside the red zone three times - lost the ball on downs once, missed a field goal and threw an interception near the goal line.

The Lancers definitely had their chances. 

The LV defense was the difference, IMO, 2 INTS, 2 fumble recoveries, 4 punts, and held on downs

What a game . . . fans in attendance got their monies worth.

Not a work of art for either team, but also got to remember there are a lot of young puppies playing out there.  A pair of freshman QBs being asked to direct their team.

Caston at Culver (-8)

Culver wins 36-12.  Culver wins.

Pioneer at Knox (-9)

Pioneer wins 38-20. Pioneer wins.

West Central at Winamac (+24)

Winamac 35-12 ..... If you took West Central, you win.

Remember These Are Just Predictions. 

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

• Like 1

1 hour ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Triton at NJSP (+18)

So if you are a man of your word . . .  and I take it you are.  And IF and I emphasize the word IF you were a betting man, you would be making that donation to GID.

The line was NJSP +18 . . .  the final score was NJSP 30, Triton 12.  That is exactly 18 points.  The house wins all ties.  See the donation link as The GID is still taking donations to cover expenses for the year.

Let's see how we did on the others:

Glenn at LaVille (+27). If you took Glenn, You would have won.

From what I watched on a live stream, the game was much closer than some expected.  I think jh had his pick at 31-17, if I remember correctly.

LaVille had the ball inside the red zone three times - lost the ball on downs once, missed a field goal and threw an interception near the goal line.

The Lancers definitely had their chances. 

The LV defense was the difference, IMO, 2 INTS, 2 fumble recoveries, 4 punts, and held on downs

What a game . . . fans in attendance got their monies worth.

Not a work of art for either team, but also got to remember there are a lot of young puppies playing out there.  A pair of freshman QBs being asked to direct their team.

Caston at Culver (-8)

Culver wins 36-12.  Culver wins.

Pioneer at Knox (-9)

Pioneer wins 38-20. Pioneer wins.

West Central at Winamac (+24)

Winamac 35-12 ..... If you took West Central, you win.

Remember These Are Just Predictions. 

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

I’ll gladly make a donation.  

• Like 2