Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

How did New Pal Slip So Quickly?

Guest DT

20 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

But that has nothing to do with the SF, which is what you said initially. 

Certainly not restricting transfers stemming from parents moving into different school districts, especially in a different area code.

I never linked Roncalli and the SF.  They were certainly targeted by it however

6 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Huh? 

Explicitly; "The SF mitigated Roncalli's hegemony".

Explain? 

Did it not?  RHS has 12 state title game appearances.  One in the post SF period.

Edited by DT

17 minutes ago, DT said:

RHS has 12 state title game appearances.  One in the post SF period.

Roncalli didn't make it out of sectionals from 2006 to 2014, the first year the SF was implemented go figure. It's because Cathedral ended their season all but one year. Cathedral hasn't played in 4A since the SF's inception. Roncalli's made it out of sectional every year they've been in 4A post-SF. The only years they didn't make it out of sectionals since SF implementation is when they were once again paired with Cathedral in a 5A sectional.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

No it didn't lol.

If anything, the SF helped Roncalli because it moved Cathedral (basically permanently) from its 4A sectional and class enrollement. Roncalli's season was ended by Cathedral in 6 of the 7 years prior to the SF.

If it indeed helped RHS as you say, they have not much taken advantage of it.  

1 minute ago, Footballking16 said:

Roncalli didn't make it out of sectionals from 2006 to 2014, the first year the SF was implemented go figure. It's because Cathedral ended their season all but one year. Cathedral hasn't played in 4A since the SF's inception. Roncalli's made it out of sectional every year they've been in 4A post-SF. The only years they didn't make it out of sectionals since SF implementation is when they were once again paired with Cathedral in a 5A sectional.

Noted.  This is not a Roncalli discussion.  No need to try and steer us off course

8 minutes ago, DT said:

If it indeed helped RHS as you say, they have not much taken advantage of it.  

How have they not? If there was no SF, Cathedral remains 4A this entire time (and in same sectional as Roncalli) as the same with New Pal and nobody knows who Roncalli is. Roncalli has avoided the two best 4A schools by enrollment (Cathedral/New Pal) for the last few years because.......the Success Factor. 

2 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Once the train derails, he rolls with it right down the hill.

Just losing interest.  Ive made my point, and generated some nice down time discussion on The GID.  Mission accomplished.

5 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

How have they not? If there was no SF, Cathedral remains 4A this entire time (and in same sectional as Roncalli) as the same with New Pal and nobody knows who Roncalli is. Roncalli has avoided the two best 4A schools by enrollment (Cathedral/New Pal) for the last few years because.......the Success Factor. 

Roncalli has been able to avoid Cathedral, New Pal, and CE which all would be in the south 4A state tournament. I believe CE has dropped enrollment again and would be classed as a 4A enrollment if not for the SF. 

8 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

Roncalli has been able to avoid Cathedral, New Pal, and CE which all would be in the south 4A state tournament. I believe CE has dropped enrollment again and would be classed as a 4A enrollment if not for the SF. 

And despite avoiding all that stiff competition, only one state finals appearance since 2006

11 minutes ago, DT said:

And despite avoiding all that stiff competition, only one state finals appearance since 2006

Roncalli's "demise" and I say demise lightly, has nothing to do with the SF. The SF was implemented in 2014. They were 0fer in sectionals from 06-14 and it had nothing to do with the SF, because it doesn't exist. Since the SF was implemented, they've won a sectional every time they've been in 4A and have a state title. Not sure what Roncalli being good from 2002-2005 has to do with the SF nowadays? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Roncalli's "demise" and I say demise lightly, has nothing to do with the SF. The SF was implemented in 2014. They were 0fer in sectionals from 06-14 and it had nothing to do with the SF, because it doesn't exist. Since the SF was implemented, they've won a sectional every time they've been in 4A and have a state title. Not sure what Roncalli being good from 2002-2005 has to do with the SF nowadays? 

I have no further interest in discussing Roncalli football.  Carry on

56 minutes ago, DT said:

Just losing interest.  Ive made my point, and generated some nice down time discussion on The GID.  Mission accomplished.

I was bout to type the following before I saw this:    

It seems to me that some folks were bored today.....  

Hence this thread....

2 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Your criteria? Lol

Yes.  My criteria is that if any team is 35+ points ahead of it's opponent at the end of the game then it ran up the score.  For several years I tracked such behavior in a spreadsheet and posted a popular weekly "Let's run up the score!" thread here on the GID containing the relevant information.