Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

WRC Week 7

Here are my takes.

Covington 35 Attica 28 - The Trojans should have the better team on Friday. But the Ramblers surprised a lot of people by beating a healthier, much improved North Vermillion squad. Covington's passing game over Attica's secondary will be the difference. 

Riverton Parke 32 North Central 20 - Another week, another winless opponent, but the Panthers get win number 2 this week. Tough times down in Farmersburg for the Thunderbirds. They haven't scored since their first game (Against Parke Heritage's JV). That was also the last time they had a full roster of kids. The Thunderbirds may get a few this week, but just don't have enough offense to beat the Panthers. Also heard they have a new head coach???

Parke Heritage 42 North Vermillion 28 - Can a Coach Moore led team finally beat a Coach Crabtree led team? I think this is the year the Wolves finally beat the Falcons. But this year's game doesn't quite carry the meaning it did last year. Will they meet again in the sectional??? Apparently some folks in Rockville are still grumpy about Parke Heritage's shootout loss to South Vermillion last week. (Which yours truly said would happen!) They've gone as far as using the word pathetic to describe the success and offensive exploits of this year's Wolves team. Aren't records made to be broken? 

Sheridan 35 Seeger 34 - The old ball coach, Bud Wright and his Blackhawks eke out the win over Herb King and his Patriots. A good warm up for Seeger before the WRC Championship Game Part II next week at South Vermillion.

South Vermillion 65 Fountain Central 0 - The Wildcats go back to the air this week after running all over Parke Heritage. A tune up before facing Seeger for the WRC Championship next week. The Mustangs just hope they can get in the endzone. 

Did someone order a spicy ca-ca torta? I am here to deliver the piping hot fart sandwiches you crave!!

1. A 10-2 record with a couple of second place finishes is nothing to sneeze at, and certainly not mediocre. 

2. Who would win if Brian Moore from 2004 was coaching against Brian Moore from 2020? 

3. Right now Parke Heritage is seeing the classic "consolidation bump" across all athletics. When you combine two varsity teams to make one, there is usually success initially because of the depth and competition to get on the field / court. This advantage quickly fades after the first four years post consolidation. Do the Wolfs have the athletes in the lower levels to maintain the success? Are the varsity coaches working hard in the lower levels to develop talent? Is there involvement from the top down? That will be key to the Wolfs either continuing long term success or falling off in the near future. 

4. Seeger is back with King Herb leading the charge. How long will King Herb keep coaching now that he has Seeger back in the mix? Judging by the fact that he changed the Patriots' helmets, I don't see him walking away anytime soon. Kudos to him and his staff for doing the hard work at the lower levels, digging in for the long term, and resurrecting the Patriots from death. Somewhere in Hollywood Mel Gibson is smiling and making scapegoats out of Jews.

5. Will Bud Wright crap in Herb's yard this weekend? I dare anyone to try and stop him.

1 hour ago, Tanka Jahari said:

Did someone order a spicy ca-ca torta? I am here to deliver the piping hot fart sandwiches you crave!!

1. A 10-2 record with a couple of second place finishes is nothing to sneeze at, and certainly not mediocre. 

2. Who would win if Brian Moore from 2004 was coaching against Brian Moore from 2020? 

3. Right now Parke Heritage is seeing the classic "consolidation bump" across all athletics. When you combine two varsity teams to make one, there is usually success initially because of the depth and competition to get on the field / court. This advantage quickly fades after the first four years post consolidation. Do the Wolfs have the athletes in the lower levels to maintain the success? Are the varsity coaches working hard in the lower levels to develop talent? Is there involvement from the top down? That will be key to the Wolfs either continuing long term success or falling off in the near future. 

4. Seeger is back with King Herb leading the charge. How long will King Herb keep coaching now that he has Seeger back in the mix? Judging by the fact that he changed the Patriots' helmets, I don't see him walking away anytime soon. Kudos to him and his staff for doing the hard work at the lower levels, digging in for the long term, and resurrecting the Patriots from death. Somewhere in Hollywood Mel Gibson is smiling and making scapegoats out of Jews.

5. Will Bud Wright crap in Herb's yard this weekend? I dare anyone to try and stop him.

1. 10-2 is nice, but Woof Nation had talks of a State Finals run.

2. Old School Moore had better discipline and dare I say actually played defense!

3. PH is living in the moment, but that moment is almost gone. My bet is PH struggles to field a JV team in the next few seasons.

4. Herb, The Love bug, the King, and the Peaches have done a great job in bring back the Patriots.....the helmet decals, not so much!

5. If Bud Wright takes a poop anywhere at his age, it's a victory!! 🙂

36 minutes ago, CheapSeats said:

1. 10-2 is nice, but Woof Nation had talks of a State Finals run.

2. Old School Moore had better discipline and dare I say actually played defense!

3. PH is living in the moment, but that moment is almost gone. My bet is PH struggles to field a JV team in the next few seasons.

4. Herb, The Love bug, the King, and the Peaches have done a great job in bring back the Patriots.....the helmet decals, not so much!

5. If Bud Wright takes a poop anywhere at his age, it's a victory!! 🙂

1. That’s why you play the game

2. Defense needs work

3. PH will have at least 2 more decent years with Johnson at qb ( best quarterback in the WRC)  Hard to predict after that. 

3.5  SV will be a .500 next year after Shew (best player in the WRC) And Nieves (another all conference player) graduate. 

4. Herb is an all around class act. 

Ah, the dust has settled from week 6!  Not many storylines this week:

1). Does Attica think they can win?  As of today I think they’re playing, so they must think they can win.  I can’t bet against them again (until they play SV.....or don’t play against SV).  Attica 22, Covington 20.

2). Even though RP has been taking BP for weeks, they will find a way to win this game against the reeling NC T-Birds.  RP 28, NC 6.

3). The Wolfs had a rough one last week.  They scored a lot of points and still didn’t win.  Look for the Wolfs to take out all of their frustrations on the struggling Falcons.  This one could get ugly quickly.  Wolfs 88, NV 0.

4). The Herbies appear to be rolling.  Unfortunately, they are going to get the Bud’s at much fuller strength than last year. Sheridan 42, Herbies 30

5). The D1’s were able to keep their D1 status with a surprising upset win last week.  This week will be an absolute sleeper for them.  It will be a good week for the D1’s to get their D1 QB some stats.  D1’s 72, FC 0.  

This week's theme is cheesy homecoming sayings.  Please read both sides at different speeds.

Attica over Covington - "Bust the Trojans" - ok, you probably couldn't get away with this one, but we all thought it anyway.  I'm not really sold on this pick, but I gotta go with the "Midnight" Ramblers in a 'tight' one.

Riverton Parke over NC Farmersburg - "Shoot down the Thunderbirds" is the battle cry for RP.  This is another one of those games that once you see it, you just want to scratch your eyes out.  The Panthers score 2 in the bottom of the 7th to win 3-2.

Parke Heritage over North Vermillion - "Ground the Falcons".  I've never tried ground falcon, but I've heard it tastes like chicken if chicken were ground falcon.  I don't think this is the year they "Tame the Wolves".  Maybe "Dances with Wolves" would allow Coach Moore to show off his long ago disco moves.  I'll bet he could really boogie back in the day.  PH wins this one big.

Sheridan over Seeger - don't bet against ole 9-time in this one.  This is the rubber match with Coach King as Sheridan clipped the Rox at state in 2007 and then Seeger gets the win last year in West Lebanon.  The Hawks will "March over the Patriots" on the field named after the head ball coach.  I will ask this question - what is the over/under on how many timeouts Coach Wright uses in the first 3 minutes of the game.  I've seen him use all 3 on the first series, so you never know.

South Vermillion over Fountain Central - "Tame the Mustangs" or "Mustangs run out of gas", either way, this game will be a running clock midway through the second quarter.  If there truly was a mercy rule, they'd run the clock through halftime so you can start the dance early.

Good luck to all teams.  It's great to see teams playing and not shut down.  Let's hope it keeps going.

18 minutes ago, Ballhawk said:

This week's theme is cheesy homecoming sayings.  Please read both sides at different speeds.Attica over Covington - "Bust the Trojans" -

I recall a season at Notre Dame when we played back to back home games, first USC and then Navy. Saw a bedsheet hanging out of a dorm window that said: “Burst the Trojans and Bring on the Seamen!”

True story.

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, Ballhawk said:

This week's theme is cheesy homecoming sayings.  Please read both sides at different speeds.

Attica over Covington - "Bust the Trojans" - ok, you probably couldn't get away with this one, but we all thought it anyway.  I'm not really sold on this pick, but I gotta go with the "Midnight" Ramblers in a 'tight' one.

Riverton Parke over NC Farmersburg - "Shoot down the Thunderbirds" is the battle cry for RP.  This is another one of those games that once you see it, you just want to scratch your eyes out.  The Panthers score 2 in the bottom of the 7th to win 3-2.

Parke Heritage over North Vermillion - "Ground the Falcons".  I've never tried ground falcon, but I've heard it tastes like chicken if chicken were ground falcon.  I don't think this is the year they "Tame the Wolves".  Maybe "Dances with Wolves" would allow Coach Moore to show off his long ago disco moves.  I'll bet he could really boogie back in the day.  PH wins this one big.

Sheridan over Seeger - don't bet against ole 9-time in this one.  This is the rubber match with Coach King as Sheridan clipped the Rox at state in 2007 and then Seeger gets the win last year in West Lebanon.  The Hawks will "March over the Patriots" on the field named after the head ball coach.  I will ask this question - what is the over/under on how many timeouts Coach Wright uses in the first 3 minutes of the game.  I've seen him use all 3 on the first series, so you never know.

South Vermillion over Fountain Central - "Tame the Mustangs" or "Mustangs run out of gas", either way, this game will be a running clock midway through the second quarter.  If there truly was a mercy rule, they'd run the clock through halftime so you can start the dance early.

Good luck to all teams.  It's great to see teams playing and not shut down.  Let's hope it keeps going.

Here's a few battle cries for you.......

1. Attica vs Covington - Kiss my big A........Attica has a Trojan Complex.......Ramblin for Trojans

2. Riverton Parke vs NC - At home or on the Field, We can't score...........

3. Parke Heritage vs North Vermillion - When was the last time Moore beat Crabtree?  Never, until this year

4. Sheridan vs Seeger - Bud wipes with Herbs socks

5. South Vermillion vs Fountain Central - I give it 2 quarters before Coach Hall yells across the field about running up the score!

• Haha 1

How about...

Attica vs. Covington - XFL or Bust!

Riverton Parke vs. North Central - Our baseball team is better than your baseball team!

Parke Heritage vs. North Vermillion - Awe, c'mon, let me win just once...

Sheridan vs. Seeger - I'm Bud Wright...

South Vermillion vs. Fountain Central - We're glad we left the WIC! (I did have to chuckle about coach Hall yelling across the field...)

Since everyone got a little kick out of home coming slogans. How about Saturday morning headlines? 

1.  “Attica plays a game they thought they could win, but didn’t”

2. “Why are we wasting our time in Mecca” 

3. “Hall of fame coach runs up score on another sluggish team“ sub topic “Moore is successful because he follows talent” 

4. “Herbie makes Williamsport proud ”

5.. “SV dominates, running clock. Can’t help it they have D1 talent” Barrett brings the dream to Vermillion county” 

3 and 5 will be the same type of game, but the response that will come after the game will be totally different. So after reading  the thread for weeks and weeks and watching  the WRC for years and years. I don’t understand the hatred towards Moore? Is it because he succeeds? Is it because he has put him in a position where he can coach where he wants to?  

if Crabtree decides to move on to a bigger or better school does the love for the man end once he isn’t wearing the falcon colors? 

Is Barrett so loved now because of his success? Where was the love before? 

Herbie has seen it all. Love hate Love. From taking the Rox to the state finals to basically people wanting him ran out of town. How did that end up for you Rockville folks?  Had a pretty miserable few years after he was gone. 

I have a lot of respect for all the coaches as they just let the comments roll off their backs. They have a lot thicker skin then what I’ve seen by some people on here. 
Good luck to all the teams and safe travels. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Since everyone got a little kick out of home coming slogans. How about Saturday morning headlines? 

1.  “Attica plays a game they thought they could win, but didn’t”

2. “Why are we wasting our time in Mecca” 

3. “Hall of fame coach runs up score on another sluggish team“ sub topic “Moore is successful because he follows talent” 

4. “Herbie makes Williamsport proud ”

5.. “SV dominates, running clock. Can’t help it they have D1 talent” Barrett brings the dream to Vermillion county” 

3 and 5 will be the same type of game, but the response that will come after the game will be totally different. So after reading  the thread for weeks and weeks and watching  the WRC for years and years. I don’t understand the hatred towards Moore? Is it because he succeeds? Is it because he has put him in a position where he can coach where he wants to?  

if Crabtree decides to move on to a bigger or better school does the love for the man end once he isn’t wearing the falcon colors? 

Is Barrett so loved now because of his success? Where was the love before? 

Herbie has seen it all. Love hate Love. From taking the Rox to the state finals to basically people wanting him ran out of town. How did that end up for you Rockville folks?  Had a pretty miserable few years after he was gone. 

I have a lot of respect for all the coaches as they just let the comments roll off their backs. They have a lot thicker skin then what I’ve seen by some people on here. 
Good luck to all the teams and safe travels. 

All sum  first post. Never heard a complaint on Crabtrees. Probably never will although when he was at North Centrals a group tried to run him off. 
I said several weeks ago Roxfan (Wilkeys stepdad) and his buddies helped run Herbs away . They worshipped Muhurins.

Do people hate Moores? Or just disappointed in some of his questionable decisions lately? 
 Is Hall on the hotseat at Fountain Centrals? He came into a big mess left by 2 others but doesn’t seem close to making any progress 

I haven’t heard anything bad about Crabtree either, but you never know once a coach leaves. 

as much talent as the kids had it wouldn't worth dealing with the step dad. 

depends who you talk to about Moore. Don’t  know much about the hall situation.

Sorry Donnie, I was late getting to the game and that’s about all the radio said. 

Ph heritage again is struggling on defense, Giving up big pass and run plays up the middle. As I’m not fully familiar with the team I do not know if this is the regular starting defense or they are playing different kids. I see the “Star” players out there, but do not know the supporting cast. 

The PH offense seems to finally showed up. 5 passing tds and roughly 250 passing yards. 

Nv runs up the middle and has a few over the middle pass plays. 

NV defense has nobody to cover the receivers for PH 

Refs are terrible 

popcorn is $1 

hotdogs are $2 

there is a cow trailer sitting in the north end of the field selling hot chocolate and iced tea. Not sure of price. 

I’ll try to do better Donnie, Please give us an update of the game you’re at. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Sorry Donnie, I was late getting to the game and that’s about all the radio said. 

Ph heritage again is struggling on defense, Giving up big pass and run plays up the middle. As I’m not fully familiar with the team I do not know if this is the regular starting defense or they are playing different kids. I see the “Star” players out there, but do not know the supporting cast. 

The PH offense seems to finally showed up. 5 passing tds and roughly 250 passing yards. 

Nv runs up the middle and has a few over the middle pass plays. 

NV defense has nobody to cover the receivers for PH 

Refs are terrible 

popcorn is $1 

hotdogs are $2 

there is a cow trailer sitting in the north end of the field selling hot chocolate and iced tea. Not sure of price. 

I’ll try to do better Donnie, Please give us an update of the game you’re at. 

You forgot the score