Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Open Club  ·  46 members  ·  Free

OOB v2.0

The New Normal/Political Correctness Run Amok Thread

Muda69

18 hours ago, swordfish said:

https://nypost.com/2023/04/03/bud-light-partners-with-trans-activist-dylan-mulvaney-for-march-madness-this-isnt-a-parody/

So - Bud Light, with a swing........and a miss......(IMHO)......has to be one of the worst marketing ideas anywhere.....Ever.....

A fake woman drinking fake beer.  Sounds about right........................

Is Dungeons & Dragons Eliminating 'Inherently Racist' Half-Elves, Half-Orcs?

https://reason.com/2023/04/05/dungeons-dragons-half-elf-half-orc-racist-woke-pc/

Wizards of the Coast, the company that publishes the official materials for the role-playing game Dungeons & Dragons, is planning to eliminate the "half-elf" and "half-orc" races in forthcoming editions because "the half construction is inherently racist," according to game designers.

"Frankly, we are not comfortable, and haven't been for years, with any of the options that start with 'half,'" said Jeremy Crawford, a D&D rules designer, at a virtual event last weekend.

To play D&D, it's necessary to design a character with a specific race (human, elf, dwarf, gnome, etc.) and a specific class (ranger, barbarian, cleric, etc.); the official materials offer guidance for doing so. The races and classes have specific characteristics—elves have a long natural lifespan, orcs can see in the dark, and so on.

But players can also make a character with mixed racial traits. Half-elves are characters with one human parent and one elf parent. Half-orcs are characters with one human parent and one orc parent. While it's possible to design other mixed characters—again, the officials materials make clear that everyone can do whatever they want—those two combinations are the specifically listed ones, and they have their own traits.

Well, not anymore: According to several reports from D&D players who witnessed the event, the official materials are dropping these classes due to concerns of inherent racism. Players who want a mixed character will be advised to choose one race from which to draw their traits. So even if you're going to play as a half-elf, the game will prompt you to select either elf or human to round out your game-related qualities.

To be abundantly clear, it's Wizards of the Coast's game, and they can design it however they want—and they encourage their players to adapt and/or ignore the rules at their discretion. Still, it's unclear why they decided that having officially published "half" characters is "inherently racist." On the contrary, one could argue that partially erasing the identities of half characters by compelling them to identify as one or the other is vastly more problematic. Must half-elves choose between human and elf when they fill out that section of their college applications? Will half-orcs endure microaggressions—Ugroar the Vile, your common speech is terrific—at social gatherings?

Wizards of the Coast did not respond to a request for comment. The company has already committed to removing the word race and replacing it with species—probably at the behest of sensitivity readers—even though the broader concept of race-based traits will remain. This decision concerning mixed characters feels similarly, ahem, half-baked.

• 2 weeks later...

A 5-Year-Old Pulled Down a 3-Year-Old's Pants. The Preschool Workers Are on Trial.: https://reason.com/2023/04/03/poncha-springs-schoolhouse-daycare-kids-preschool-trial/?itm_source=parsely-api

Two Colorado child care workers will go on trial this June for presiding over a day care center where a 5-year-old pulled down a 3-year-old's pants.

Amy Lovato and Roberta Rodriguez of The Schoolhouse day care center in Poncha Springs face criminal charges for not reporting this incident to the authorities quickly enough, and for putting the children in danger.

"Let this fact not be obscured: We are here because one preschooler pulled down another preschooler's pants," Jason Flores-Williams, Lovato's attorney, told 11th Judicial District Judge Brian Green on Thursday, asking him to dismiss the charges.

Added Flores-Williams, these charges "criminalize preschool behavior by turning a 5-year-old into a deviant and a 3-year-old into a victim for acts that are neither sexual, abusive, criminal, negligent, or against any reasonable person or community standard."

Judge Green denied the defendants' motion, according to The Colorado Sun.

"This is the perfect case for the jury to hear," he announced to a courtroom that was packed with school parents who came to support Lovato and Rodriguez. The attendees expressed their feelings so loudly—sighing and groaning with exasperation—that the judge had to warn them to be quiet.

"I understand the great importance to the community, but I don't want to be sidelined or distracted," he said.

Green is presiding because the first two judges assigned to the case had to recuse themselves; their kids attend the day care center in question, Flores-Williams tells Reason.

The case against Lovato and Rodriguez seems to involve four charges, but even the judge found the case so muddled that he instructed the prosecutors to present it more cogently.

No one disputes that on January 16, Lovato was filling in as a classroom teacher because the center was short-staffed. When one of the kids wet their pants, Lovato left the classroom for between 3 and 5 minutes to clean the kid and deposit the wet clothes in the laundry. When she returned, she saw the 5-year-old "crouched over" a 3-year-old who later told Lovato that the boy had tried to pull her pants down and touch her butt.

The next day, when Lovato went into the center's bathroom, she found three kids there, including a girl with her pants down and the same boy. He was touching her butt.

The school did not ignore this misbehavior. It called the parents involved. It planned an all-school meeting on the topic of keeping your hands to yourself. Rodriguez took it upon herself to call the Chaffee County Early Childhood Council to find out what else she should be doing. She also reported the touching incidents to the child welfare department and the kids-briefly-in-a-room-without-a-teacher incident to the state licensing office.

But as the toddlers themselves discovered, sometimes there is just no way to cover your rear end. The authorities shut down the day care center midday on January 24, calling parents to immediately come pick up their kids. Terrified moms and dads raced over to find six armed deputies and a slew of cop cars.

"When they realized their children were safe, they wondered if they had been molested," reported The Colorado Sun. "Neither the sheriff's deputies or Chaffee County child welfare authorities who joined them in the raid of the child care center were providing information."

It was only two days later, during a meeting at the sheriff's office, that the parents learned what had happened.

In summary, the potential wrongdoing seems to involve not reporting the incidents immediately enough—these were officially reported to the authorities about three days later—and leaving the kids unsupervised for the briefest of moments.

The defense attorneys argued that the question of how quickly a school must report an incident of abuse is vague. So, it seems, is the definition of abuse. And so is whether leaving the room to clean off a pee-soaked kid constitutes neglect.

The problem, says Flores-Williams, is that we give child care workers enormous responsibility, "and yet we afford them no discretion in the way they handle those responsibilities."

It's also a problem that the authorities would seek to punish a preschool for being a place where there are preschoolers. Unruly kids are a fact of life, and treating a common occurrence like a criminal matter is absurd. A trial is not in the best interests of the kids, their parents, or anyone else.

"In some ways, this perfectly illustrates a system we set up that winds up leaving nothing but trauma and harm in its wake, and yet we justify it in the name of 'protecting the children,'" says Richard Wexler, executive director of the National Coalition for Child Protection Reform. "An awful lot of time has gone into this: The police had to investigate, child protective services investigated, there's a trial that's about to happen. All that time and money and effort is, in effect, stolen from finding the relatively few children in actual danger."

Wexler added that Colorado has set up a task force to study the mandatory reporting issues.

"They should look very closely at this case," he says.

But for now, the case is going to a jury. Expect more groans and sighs.

*sigh*  *groan* 

What is wrong with this country?

14 hours ago, Muda69 said:

A 5-Year-Old Pulled Down a 3-Year-Old's Pants. The Preschool Workers Are on Trial.: https://reason.com/2023/04/03/poncha-springs-schoolhouse-daycare-kids-preschool-trial/?itm_source=parsely-api

*sigh*  *groan* 

What is wrong with this country?

As I recall this was a right of passage for incoming freshmen when I was in HS. I never participated myself, but I heard stories. 

343303864_1026972614933054_882574171409996137_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=CQdAF9I0MnwAX8tZi1Q&_nc_ht=scontent-ord5-1.xx&oh=00_AfDU_gP096WiKhH067j7B15SpEe4QXpBwlyHiE8zQKDpwQ&oe=644AA856

I guess she/her would ALSO be the first female to be fired from that position as well......Kinda to be expected when you cost your company "billions".......

https://www.kake.com/story/48769645/alissa-heinerscheid-bud-light-marketing-vice-president-on-a-leave-of-absence-following-dylan-mulvaney-controversy

(YAHOO/KAKE) - Despite "expert" insistence that the controversy surrounding Anheuser-Bush's decision to partner with a trans influencer and activist would be short-lived and not affect the business's bottom line, it the company has indicated that  Bud Light marketing VP Alissa Heinerscheid is taking a leave of absence, Yahoo reports.

Heinerscheid, who has led the brand since June, will be replaced by Budweiser global marketing VP Todd Allen, according to Ad Age.  Bud Light and Anheuser-Busch have faced a tsunami of backlash for their partnership with the trans influencer and activist, famous for her “365 Days of Girlhood” video series, which chronicled the first year of her transition. Anheuser-Busch has faced cascading problems, including cancelled events with the iconic Budweiser Clydesdale horses, a stock price that’s tanked, and many, many prominent Americans voicing their opposition, including Rep. Dan Crenshaw (R., Texas)Kid Rock, and Travis Tritt.

“If we do not attract young drinkers to come and drink this brand, there will be no future for Bud Light,” the beer’s VP of marketing explained last month. “What I brought to that was a belief in, okay, what does ‘evolve and elevate’ mean? It means inclusivity. It means shifting the tone. It means having a campaign that’s truly inclusive and feels lighter and brighter and different and appeals to women and to men.”

That line of thinking doesn't appear to be paying off, as Heinerscheid’s immediate future at Bud Light has now been cut short. The executive became the first woman to lead Bud Light in the brand’s 40-year history and was recognized by Ad Age in 2022 as one of the 40 under 40 rising stars in marketing, advertising, and media. She was promoted to her current position after a nearly eight-year tenure at Anheuser-Busch in various marketing roles, including a recent stint as VP of direct-to-consumer marketing, which includes e-commerce. She created the role of Bud Light Blue VP, which refers to the main brand, proposing it to a top Anheuser-Busch executive through a 30-page pitch. It came after nearly four years of working on Bud Light, including overseeing the 2019 Game of Thrones Super Bowl ad.

“Today, we communicated some next steps with our internal teams and wholesaler partners,” explained an Anheuser-Busch spokesperson. “First, we made it clear that the safety and welfare of our employees and our partners is our top priority. Second, Todd Allen is appointed Vice President of Bud Light reporting directly to Benoit Garbe, U.S. Chief Marketing Officer. Third, we have made some adjustments to streamline the structure of our marketing function to reduce layers so that our most senior marketers are more closely connected to every aspect of our brands activities. These steps will help us maintain focus on the things we do best: brewing great beer for all consumers, while always making a positive impact in our communities and on our country.”

The Daily Wire reported that senior executives hadn't been told about a decision to green-light the Mulvaney partnership.

According to a statement obtained by Ad Age from City Distributors, an Anheuser-Busch distributor based in Topeka, Kansas, the custom can decision, featuring Mulvaney’s face, “circumvented the proper approval channels.”

It’s unclear if Heinerscheid’s current replacement will be made permanent or what her future at Anheuser-Busch is. 

Mulvaney, who has been invited by President Biden to the White House and has attracted a number of lucrative business partnerships with brands like Nike, responded to the controversy earlier this month, appearing on an episode of iHeartPodcasts’s Onward With Rosie O’ Donnell.

“The reason I think I’m an easy target is because I’m still new to this. I think going after a trans woman who has been doing this for 20 years is a lot more difficult,” Mulvaney said.

“I have watched it get so much worse, as my timeline has gone on and it’s been very kind of odd to compare the two, my transition as well as all this anti-trans legislation simultaneously,” Mulvaney added.

Anheuser-Busch acknowledged the controversy in a statement last week, backtracking to a degree.

“We never intended to be part of a discussion that divides people. We are in the business of bringing people together over a beer,” wrote CEO Brendan Whitworth.

Bud Light has lost billions of dollars since the controversy began.

23 hours ago, swordfish said:

343303864_1026972614933054_882574171409996137_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=CQdAF9I0MnwAX8tZi1Q&_nc_ht=scontent-ord5-1.xx&oh=00_AfDU_gP096WiKhH067j7B15SpEe4QXpBwlyHiE8zQKDpwQ&oe=644AA856

I guess she/her would ALSO be the first female to be fired from that position as well......Kinda to be expected when you cost your company "billions".......

https://www.kake.com/story/48769645/alissa-heinerscheid-bud-light-marketing-vice-president-on-a-leave-of-absence-following-dylan-mulvaney-controversy

(YAHOO/KAKE) - Despite "expert" insistence that the controversy surrounding Anheuser-Bush's decision to partner with a trans influencer and activist would be short-lived and not affect the business's bottom line, it the company has indicated that  Bud Light marketing VP Alissa Heinerscheid is taking a leave of absence, Yahoo reports.

Heinerscheid, who has led the brand since June, will be replaced by Budweiser global marketing VP Todd Allen, according to Ad Age.  Bud Light and Anheuser-Busch have faced a tsunami of backlash for their partnership with the trans influencer and activist, famous for her “365 Days of Girlhood” video series, which chronicled the first year of her transition. Anheuser-Busch has faced cascading problems, including cancelled events with the iconic Budweiser Clydesdale horses, a stock price that’s tanked, and many, many prominent Americans voicing their opposition, including Rep. Dan Crenshaw (R., Texas)Kid Rock, and Travis Tritt.

“If we do not attract young drinkers to come and drink this brand, there will be no future for Bud Light,” the beer’s VP of marketing explained last month. “What I brought to that was a belief in, okay, what does ‘evolve and elevate’ mean? It means inclusivity. It means shifting the tone. It means having a campaign that’s truly inclusive and feels lighter and brighter and different and appeals to women and to men.”

That line of thinking doesn't appear to be paying off, as Heinerscheid’s immediate future at Bud Light has now been cut short. The executive became the first woman to lead Bud Light in the brand’s 40-year history and was recognized by Ad Age in 2022 as one of the 40 under 40 rising stars in marketing, advertising, and media. She was promoted to her current position after a nearly eight-year tenure at Anheuser-Busch in various marketing roles, including a recent stint as VP of direct-to-consumer marketing, which includes e-commerce. She created the role of Bud Light Blue VP, which refers to the main brand, proposing it to a top Anheuser-Busch executive through a 30-page pitch. It came after nearly four years of working on Bud Light, including overseeing the 2019 Game of Thrones Super Bowl ad.

“Today, we communicated some next steps with our internal teams and wholesaler partners,” explained an Anheuser-Busch spokesperson. “First, we made it clear that the safety and welfare of our employees and our partners is our top priority. Second, Todd Allen is appointed Vice President of Bud Light reporting directly to Benoit Garbe, U.S. Chief Marketing Officer. Third, we have made some adjustments to streamline the structure of our marketing function to reduce layers so that our most senior marketers are more closely connected to every aspect of our brands activities. These steps will help us maintain focus on the things we do best: brewing great beer for all consumers, while always making a positive impact in our communities and on our country.”

The Daily Wire reported that senior executives hadn't been told about a decision to green-light the Mulvaney partnership.

According to a statement obtained by Ad Age from City Distributors, an Anheuser-Busch distributor based in Topeka, Kansas, the custom can decision, featuring Mulvaney’s face, “circumvented the proper approval channels.”

It’s unclear if Heinerscheid’s current replacement will be made permanent or what her future at Anheuser-Busch is. 

Mulvaney, who has been invited by President Biden to the White House and has attracted a number of lucrative business partnerships with brands like Nike, responded to the controversy earlier this month, appearing on an episode of iHeartPodcasts’s Onward With Rosie O’ Donnell.

“The reason I think I’m an easy target is because I’m still new to this. I think going after a trans woman who has been doing this for 20 years is a lot more difficult,” Mulvaney said.

“I have watched it get so much worse, as my timeline has gone on and it’s been very kind of odd to compare the two, my transition as well as all this anti-trans legislation simultaneously,” Mulvaney added.

Anheuser-Busch acknowledged the controversy in a statement last week, backtracking to a degree.

“We never intended to be part of a discussion that divides people. We are in the business of bringing people together over a beer,” wrote CEO Brendan Whitworth.

Bud Light has lost billions of dollars since the controversy began.

But Bud Light isn't beer.  It's practically tasteless swill.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your service - BUT - Excuse me officer, "Automatic Weapons" ARE already banned.....And this LUNATIC shooter in Texas DIDN'T shoot an "Automatic Weapon".  Just because your an heroic left-winger who despises Republican lawmakers and your Governor, doesn't mean you get to be inaccurate speaking to the likes of MSNBC, especially since you should have pretty good firearms knowledge..... 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12057137/Texas-mass-shooting-witness-calls-automatic-weapons-ban.html

'I'm saying this as someone who loves guns': Texas mass shooting witness calls for automatic weapons ban as he slams Gov. Abbott for blaming mall massacre on mental health

Steven Spainhouer, one of the first people on scene at the mass shooting in Allen, Texas, has called for M4s and AR-15s to be removed from the streets despite admitting he is a 'gun lover.'

The former police and army officer said that it is long pastime automatic weapons were removed from everyday public life, on account of the rising number of mass shootings.

'It wasn't mental health that killed these people,' he said. 'It was an automatic rifle with bullets,'  he told MSNBC.

Soooo, in the US, on the HS track team, not a US or lawful resident......Yet he is a(n) (Indian American) White Supremist?  SMH......Wondering who paid him to run a car into the WH......SF - being the frequent traveler, knowing what it takes to be able to get through airport security, onto a flight, and rent a car (with a valid ID) is wondering how this guy got to DC in the first place.

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/national-international/driver-of-u-haul-that-rammed-white-house-gate-not-a-us-citizen-prosecutors-say/3354565/

The man accused of ramming a U-Haul truck into barriers near the White House earlier this week isn't a U.S. citizen or a lawful, permanent resident, prosecutors said Wednesday.

Sai Varshith Kandula, a 19-year-old from suburban St. Louis, wore an orange jail-issued jumpsuit in his brief courtroom appearance when prosecutors requested pre-trial detention.

The government also revealed that Kandula is not a citizen or lawful permanent resident — though his national origin wasn't mentioned in court.

A college student who was on the same high school track team with Kandula told NBC News on Tuesday that they're both members of the sizable Indian American community in Chesterfield, Mo.

Kandula answered routine questions from Magistrate Judge Robin Meriweather confirming his name and that he understood the proceedings.

Kandula's defense lawyer Diane Shrewsbury, requested a new pair of glasses for Kandula, telling Judge Meriweather that her client's spectacles had been taken upon his arrest and he was having trouble seeing. Judge Meriweather said she'd take care of that issue. 

• 4 weeks later...

Michigan State Professor Forces Undergrads to Fund Leftist Groups

https://www.nationalreview.com/2023/06/michigan-state-professor-forces-undergrads-to-fund-leftist-groups/

Imagine the reaction if a college professor created an additional course requirement that each student pay a subscription fee to an online “community” secretly controlled by the professor, who donated every dollar to pro-life advocacy organizations. One would expect student protests, alumni withholding support for the university unless the professor was fired, counselors brought in to help students cope with their unwitting support for a cause they vehemently oppose, wall-to-wall media coverage, and perhaps even the local district attorney announcing a criminal investigation for fraud.

This scenario did play out at a well-known university, but with one significant difference that explains why it’s receiving so little national attention. Instead of donating to causes on the political right, the professor donated the funds to left-wing causes, including Planned Parenthood.

Two college students are suing over the matter. Their attorneys with Alliance Defending Freedom filed the lawsuit against Michigan State University officials for failing to correct their policies and recover student fees used to advance political messages that the officials favor and that conflict with the deeply held beliefs of the students. The case, Barbieri v. Jeitschko, is currently in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan, Southern Division.

Amy Wisner, a professor of marketing at MSU’s Broad College of Business, operating under the guidance and approval of the business college’s interim dean, compelled each of her nearly 600 students in the spring semester to pay a $99 membership fee to join an outside leftist political-advocacy organization she controlled. She then donated the proceeds of those fees to external groups — including Planned Parenthood — that engage in political advocacy that is antithetical to the sincerely held religious beliefs of students Nathan Barbieri and Nolan Radomski.

The lawsuit explains that Wisner designed her course to promote her political views. On her syllabus under “course requirements,” she required students to purchase “The Rebellion Community membership.” As the syllabus explained, “The Rebellion Community . . . is a global social learning community with a private space dedicated to this course.” Once students paid the $99 subscription fee online, they saw a statement that said:

Your membership fees are used to (1) pay for use of the technology and (2) pay guest speakers, educators, and facilitators. Your professor does not receive any financial compensation from your membership fees as that would be a conflict of interest.

The lawsuit notes, however, that Wisner personally controlled the group and was using the substantial funds she extracted — nearly $60,000 — to engage in political speech and donate to advocacy groups that directly conflict with the rliegious beliefs of Barbieri and Radomski. For example, in a Facebook post, Wisner linked to a Facebook page associated with “The Rebellion Community” and wrote, “The Rebellion community is a safe place to coordinate our efforts to burn everything to the f***ing ground.” Wisner’s post also said, “100% of membership fees are donated to Planned Parenthood,” though elsewhere she stated that “Proceeds of The Rebellion Community membership fees are donated to organizations fighting systemic oppression.”

Students pursuing a college degree shouldn’t have to wonder whether they are being defrauded into supporting political causes. By authorizing professors to force students to support speech antithetical to their deepest values and faith, Michigan State officials have violated the First Amendment and federal civil-rights laws.

Many American universities have abandoned the once widely accepted notion that higher education is the pursuit of knowledge and that civil discourse is pivotal to a free society, but this case highlights a disturbing new development. At Michigan State, the cultural decline in academia has reached new depths, moving beyond indoctrination to coerced activism. And the yawns from our nation’s media are just as telling.

Sinister behavior, and the MSM says nothing.  Telling, isn't it?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

SF is surprised, but I guess not really......Consider the source, I guess.......

https://www.foxnews.com/media/illinois-gov-pritzker-allows-non-us-citizens-become-police-officers-new-law-fundamentally-bad-idea?fbclid=IwAR11XJOgwoAOS93bb6hLiMw1RD_xNwsBQ-3DgtmrkWWmwu7HEVMnQ3Ra0MY

Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker signed a bill into law that allows non-U.S. citizens to become police officers in the state, angering critics who slammed the idea of foreigners arresting American citizens as "a fundamentally bad idea."

Illinois House Bill 3751 will no longer require U.S. citizenship as a qualification to become a police officer in the state. The bill was signed by the Democrat governor on Friday and will go into effect on January 1, 2024, despite facing heavy opposition from GOP lawmakers and prominent police groups.

The bill "provides that an individual who is not a citizen but is legally authorized to work in the United States under federal law is authorized to apply for the position of police officer, subject to all requirements and limitations, other than citizenship, to which other applicants are subject," HB3751 reads, adding that non-U.S. citizens must be able to obtain, carry, purchase, or otherwise possess a firearm under federal law to apply for the job.

On 8/1/2023 at 9:25 AM, swordfish said:

SF is surprised, but I guess not really......Consider the source, I guess.......

https://www.foxnews.com/media/illinois-gov-pritzker-allows-non-us-citizens-become-police-officers-new-law-fundamentally-bad-idea?fbclid=IwAR11XJOgwoAOS93bb6hLiMw1RD_xNwsBQ-3DgtmrkWWmwu7HEVMnQ3Ra0MY

Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker signed a bill into law that allows non-U.S. citizens to become police officers in the state, angering critics who slammed the idea of foreigners arresting American citizens as "a fundamentally bad idea."

Illinois House Bill 3751 will no longer require U.S. citizenship as a qualification to become a police officer in the state. The bill was signed by the Democrat governor on Friday and will go into effect on January 1, 2024, despite facing heavy opposition from GOP lawmakers and prominent police groups.

The bill "provides that an individual who is not a citizen but is legally authorized to work in the United States under federal law is authorized to apply for the position of police officer, subject to all requirements and limitations, other than citizenship, to which other applicants are subject," HB3751 reads, adding that non-U.S. citizens must be able to obtain, carry, purchase, or otherwise possess a firearm under federal law to apply for the job.

You don't have to be a U.S. citizen to join the U.S. military.   Don't really see that much of a difference here.

The "Degradation of America" or "Progress"?

https://amgreatness.com/2023/08/07/the-remaking-of-america/

The Remaking of America

Every aspect of American life and culture is under assault

Vth441YH_400x400-160x160.jpeg
August 7, 2023

We are in the midst of one of the most radical revolutions in American history. It is as far-reaching and dangerous as the turbulent years of the 1850s and 1860s or the 1930s. Every aspect of American life and culture is under assault, including the very processes by which we govern ourselves, and the manner in which we live.

The Revolution began under the Obama administration that sought to divide Americans into oppressed and oppressors, and then substitute race for class victimization. It was empowered by the bicoastal wealth accrued from globalization, and honed during the COVID lockdown, quarantine-fed economic downturn, and the George Floyd riots and their aftermath. The Revolution was boosted by fanatic opposition to the presidency of Donald Trump. And the result is an America that is unrecognizable from what it was a mere decade ago.

Here are 10 upheavals that the Left has successfully wrought.

Free expression. In large swatches of American society—particularly the corporation, the media, the government, the public schools, and the university—it is suddenly dangerous to speak freely. At a DEI workshop, politely object that “whiteness” does not account for all the challenges of “marginalized peoples,” and you will become either ostracized, reprimanded, or perhaps fired.

Suggest to a class that man-made climate change and the state remedies for it, are still under debate—and your career and livelihood are endangered. In 2020, state that Covid lockdowns would do more eventual damage than the virus—and your career was through. Express doubt that there are more than two biological sexes, and if an athlete or high school principal you will be shunned or rendered professionally inert.

The government, in league with social media, censors the news. “Liberal” universities often first require McCarthy-era type “diversity” statements for one to be hired. Commissars review syllabi to spot incorrect or improper speech or insufficient DEI zeal.

The Left now seeks to modify the First Amendment, and its empowerment of “hate speech,” defined as most anything impeding the progressive project. The state and the universities properly issue word lists of approved vocabularies.

The old ACLU or Sen. Church Committee would now probably be deemed rightwing. The methodologies of Joseph McCarthy and J. Edgar Hoover are the preferred models, once they were rebooted to the right cause.

The Weaponization of Justice. Administrations and their efforts to stock the justice department with supporters come and go. But in the last decade the Left has viewed the Department of Justice as a political extension of the party—whose unchecked power must properly be directed to hurt enemies and help friends. No wonder Eric Holder described himself as Obama’s “wingman” and became the first Attorney General to be held in contempt for ignoring a congressional subpoena.

Never in U.S. history have the Department of Justice and sympathetic state and local prosecutors indicted a leading opposition candidate and likely nominee of one of the two major parties, and at the beginning of a presidential campaign. Donald Trump is currently charged with nearly 100 felonies by at least two prosecutors. He likely eventually will be hit with more than- 500 indictments, from four prosecutors, every one of the latter with a long record of either leftwing associations or Democratic service.

The mass murderer Charles Manson faced less legal exposure. No one believes Trump would have been indicted on such counts—most of them involving allegations from years past—were he not running for President.

One count that Donald Trump is not charged with is bribery, or taking money while in office, a crime cited as impeachable in the Constitution and germane to the accusations that Joe Biden and his family raked in millions from foreign governments due to the improper use of his prior Vice Presidency. For what reason did Joe Biden lie that he never discussed his son’s business? Why did Hunter complain to his daughter that Joe demanded half of his own grifting income? Why would a Vice President serially call disreputable American grifters and foreign corrupt oligarchs? Can Joe’s lifestyle ever be reconciled with his reported income?

Given such asymmetry in the application of the laws, conservative or even apolitical Americans are apprehensive that any political prominence will draw the attention of government in effort to either indict or bankrupt them with legal expenses.

The last four FBI Directors have either admitted they lied under oath, or preposterously under oath claimed ignorance or amnesia about events directly under their control. Or they simply stonewalled subpoenas and testimonies about alleged FBI crimes. 

The former CIA Director admitted to lying twice under oath. The FBI hired social media corporations to suppress election-cycle news deemed unhelpful to the Left. The agency, along with Democratic operatives, helped hatch the election-cycle conspiracy of the 2015-2016 Russian-Collusion hoax, and the 2020 Russian disinformation laptop hoax. The FBI played a central role in many of the 2024 indictments. In other words, the FBI along with the DOJ, has sought to warp three presidential elections in a row.

On the prompt of a Joe Biden campaign official (and now Secretary of State) and a former interim CIA director, 50 former intelligence officials lied to the electorate that an authentic but incriminating Biden computer was a likely Russian plant—a fact known to be lie but not disclosed as such by the FBI.

The Attack on the Supreme Court. Once the Court achieved a more or less predictable conservative majority, the Left sought to diminish it in a variety of ways. It has called for packing the Court with leftist jurists to create a new 15-justice bench. Leftist law professors in the Ivy League, in neo-Confederate nullification and insurrectionary style, call for the nation to ignore Court rulings on abortion and affirmative action.

The Senate minority leader led a throng to the doors of the court, threatening justices by name: “You have released the whirlwind, and you will pay the price. You won’t know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions.”

Protestors now mob the homes of individual justices hoping to intimidate them and alter their upcoming opinions—confident that the Department of Justice will exempt them from any legal consequences of such felonious behavior.

The media routinely accuses conservative justices of improper or illegal behavior, without worry about the emptiness of the charges. A traditionalist justice now accepts that a controversial ruling can result in media charges that he is corrupt, in shrieking protestors mobbing his home, in a mob assembling at the doors of the Court, in disruptions during Court hearings, in politicians issuing threats to his person, in congressional calls to alter the century-and-a-half make-up of the Court, and in Ivy League law professors urging the country to ignore majority decisions.

In sum, a conservative jurist must be careful where and when he goes out in public.

The Media-Democratic Fusion. If one were to listen during the last few years to NBC, ABC, CBS, NPR, PBS, MSNBC, or CNN, or read the New York Times, The Washington Post, The Chicago Tribune, or the Los Angeles Times, then one would have believed the following:

A) Donald Trump worked with the Russians to throw and win the 2016 election. As part of that skullduggery, frolicking amid prostitutes he urinated on a Moscow hotel bed to spite Barack Obama. B) He was mentally incapacitated as president and should have been removed under the 25th Amendment. C) In 2020, his campaign once more worked with the Russians to create an exact replica of Hunter Biden’s laptop, replete with dozens of lurid fake photos and hundreds of cleverly doctored emails to smear the Biden family and aid his own reelection effort. D) Trump as chief conspirator preplanned a violent and armed insurrection that sought to storm and permanently occupy the government, violently hijacking the balloting and seizing the presidency—resulting in the murder of a Capitol police officer and the subsequent deaths of other traumatized officers.

E) For the last eight years, none of Trump’s political opponents have ever destroyed subpoenaed evidence, conspired to hire foreign nationals to compile false and lurid files on him to subvert his political campaigns, or used their political offices to help solicit foreign money for family lobbyists. F) Trump is the first major candidate and politician who allegedly overvalued his real assets to obtain a loan that he repaid; the first to have concluded non-disclosure agreements with potential embarrassing liaisons; the first ex-president to remove sensitive files to his personal residence; and the first to phone a state official to whine about the integrity of the vote count. G) He is the first losing presidential candidate or major politician to question an election result or to seek redress through government agencies to rectify the purported corruption of the balloting.

In sum, for the first time in American history, nearly all the major communication and journalistic networks have been fused with a political party. They believe the new role of the media is to advance a shared progressive cause, oppose and even defame common opponents, and feed their audiences things that are not, and cannot possibly be, true.

The Destruction of Common Law. By defunding the police in major cities, and by showering leftwing district attorney candidates with millions of dollars in campaign funding, the Left systematically eroded the law as we know it in our major cities.

As a result, downtowns are after-dark, no-go zones, as once great metropolises resemble veritable combat theaters. Cities are becoming depopulated as consumers and businesses no longer find it safe to conduct commerce. Criminals and homeless now routinely break the law with impunity. Public violence, defecation, urination, fornication, and injection do not even rate as misdemeanors.

The Left has redefined violent crime to such an extent that shoplifting is no longer actionable. Flash mobs that take over streets and swarm to loot stores are rarely if ever arrested. Security officers who apprehend thieves or intervene to stop violence are more likely to be prosecuted than criminals themselves. There is no longer any immigration law; it has been utterly destroyed by Joe Biden. Seven-million illegal entrants flood into the U.S. and, along with the Mexican government, make demands on their hosts to accommodate their illegality.

In sum, in blue states and at the federal level, leftwing prosecutors and justices decide to enforce or ignore statutes, pile up or reduce indictments, increase or decrease punishments not on what the law entails, or evidence directs, but on the race, class, or ideology of the perpetrator, usually in connection with the particular status of his victims. If asymmetry in race, class, or ideology is suggested, then the law must modulate in redistributive fashion to contextualize the crime and criminal as a victim rather than a victimizer. The result is the veritable destruction of law and order as we once knew it.

The Erosion of the Military. Rarely has the American people polled so little confidence in the U.S. military. It perceives the Pentagon mission largely one to greenlight social change through the rapidity of the chain of command, not necessarily to maintain deterrence, much less to win all its wars. 

The Left has ensured that our armed forces are underfunded, short on munitions and weapons, and military officers are used to promote progressive social agendas. Officers expect to be promoted or stalled on the basis of their views on race and gender.

Those who traditionally died at twice their numbers in the general population in combat in Iraq and Afghanistan are ostracized and in near record numbers leaving, while their friends and relatives are no longer enlisting in the military.

Former Pentagon four-star officers violated the Code of Uniform Military Justice in attacking a sitting president with the harshest invective, invoking comparisons to Hitler and Mussolini, again predictably from a leftwing point of view.

The public expects the Joint Chiefs to be both appointed on ideological considerations, and from time to time even to free-lance to contact enemy counterparts should they feel a conservative president is dangerous to world peace.

There is no longer any social stigma or legal jeopardy for retired officers in working as defense contractor lobbyists or board members, after revolving from or soon back to the Pentagon.

Sexes. The heterosexual male and female, marriage, and the nuclear family are all to be suspect. There are three sexes or perhaps still more. English language pronouns are inadequate to reflect sexual diversity.

So adherence to such ossified languages is career endangering. An epidemic of childlessness, singlehood, and collapsing fertility rates are either of no national importance or illustrate the preferred non-nuclear family model. Powerful hormonal drug regimens and permanent radical sex-change surgery should be the choices of minors alone who know best when they choose to transition to another sex. Graphic sex manuals and drag queen shows with simulated sex acts can perhaps acculturate preteens to the dangers of growing up in an oppressive “normative” binary society.

Sex, but not race, is constructed, and thus a matter not of biology but of individual choice.

Race, Not Class. Racial inequality and lack of parity are due to “whiteness.” Racial quotas, segregated dorms, graduations, workshops, and safe spaces are exempt from civil rights statutes given they are necessary to achieve equity. Integration and assimilation are the opiates of the masses. Apartheid and segregation are misunderstood modalities, and thus, if enlightened, sometimes necessary corrective measures.

Reparations are to supersede ineffective affirmative action. Wokeness liberates us to see how race explains everything in America, past and present. At universities and in popular culture “proportional representation” of various ethnicities and races is no longer sufficient remedy.

Instead reparatory hiring and admissions are required to atone for prior generations of discrimination. It is taboo to suggest that cultural conditions not just race accounts for inequality. Everything from meritocracy to promptness to physical fitness is racist in nature, requiring DEI experts to expose and inform about the systemic nature of American racism.

Debt is a Construct. Modern monetary theory proved that annual deficits and national debt are just a state accounting challenge. So printing more money is an act that properly diminishes the value of existing capital improperly horded by parasitic profiteers. Spreading the ensuing cash wealth to the more deserving and victimized is long overdue social justice.

At any time, the national “debt” can be deconstructed by renouncing usurious bond obligations, appropriating private retirement accounts, or further inflating the currency—if governments are committed enough to social justice.

Universities. It is now heresy that universities should be places of disinterested inquiry and inductive investigation. They can properly instead become a valuable tool in ridding society of racist and sexist forces, platitudes about free speech and equality under the law, and the tyranny of private property, capitalist profiteering, and white, male heterosexual Christian oppression.

So the role of a university is to create a brief safe space in which graduates can leave with proper training about the terrible history of the United States and the ways in which it must be dismantled and then be rebuilt by the properly trained experts from the ground up. Counterrevolutionaries or deluded liberals and their quaint adherence to a racist and archaic Bill of Rights have no place on these islands of progressive resistance.

None of the above was true at the millennium; all are now—with more still to come.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, swordfish said:

The "Degradation of America" or "Progress"?

https://amgreatness.com/2023/08/07/the-remaking-of-america/

The Remaking of America

Every aspect of American life and culture is under assault

Vth441YH_400x400-160x160.jpeg
August 7, 2023

We are in the midst of one of the most radical revolutions in American history. It is as far-reaching and dangerous as the turbulent years of the 1850s and 1860s or the 1930s. Every aspect of American life and culture is under assault, including the very processes by which we govern ourselves, and the manner in which we live.

The Revolution began under the Obama administration that sought to divide Americans into oppressed and oppressors, and then substitute race for class victimization. It was empowered by the bicoastal wealth accrued from globalization, and honed during the COVID lockdown, quarantine-fed economic downturn, and the George Floyd riots and their aftermath. The Revolution was boosted by fanatic opposition to the presidency of Donald Trump. And the result is an America that is unrecognizable from what it was a mere decade ago.

Here are 10 upheavals that the Left has successfully wrought.

Free expression. In large swatches of American society—particularly the corporation, the media, the government, the public schools, and the university—it is suddenly dangerous to speak freely. At a DEI workshop, politely object that “whiteness” does not account for all the challenges of “marginalized peoples,” and you will become either ostracized, reprimanded, or perhaps fired.

Suggest to a class that man-made climate change and the state remedies for it, are still under debate—and your career and livelihood are endangered. In 2020, state that Covid lockdowns would do more eventual damage than the virus—and your career was through. Express doubt that there are more than two biological sexes, and if an athlete or high school principal you will be shunned or rendered professionally inert.

The government, in league with social media, censors the news. “Liberal” universities often first require McCarthy-era type “diversity” statements for one to be hired. Commissars review syllabi to spot incorrect or improper speech or insufficient DEI zeal.

The Left now seeks to modify the First Amendment, and its empowerment of “hate speech,” defined as most anything impeding the progressive project. The state and the universities properly issue word lists of approved vocabularies.

The old ACLU or Sen. Church Committee would now probably be deemed rightwing. The methodologies of Joseph McCarthy and J. Edgar Hoover are the preferred models, once they were rebooted to the right cause.

The Weaponization of Justice. Administrations and their efforts to stock the justice department with supporters come and go. But in the last decade the Left has viewed the Department of Justice as a political extension of the party—whose unchecked power must properly be directed to hurt enemies and help friends. No wonder Eric Holder described himself as Obama’s “wingman” and became the first Attorney General to be held in contempt for ignoring a congressional subpoena.

Never in U.S. history have the Department of Justice and sympathetic state and local prosecutors indicted a leading opposition candidate and likely nominee of one of the two major parties, and at the beginning of a presidential campaign. Donald Trump is currently charged with nearly 100 felonies by at least two prosecutors. He likely eventually will be hit with more than- 500 indictments, from four prosecutors, every one of the latter with a long record of either leftwing associations or Democratic service.

The mass murderer Charles Manson faced less legal exposure. No one believes Trump would have been indicted on such counts—most of them involving allegations from years past—were he not running for President.

One count that Donald Trump is not charged with is bribery, or taking money while in office, a crime cited as impeachable in the Constitution and germane to the accusations that Joe Biden and his family raked in millions from foreign governments due to the improper use of his prior Vice Presidency. For what reason did Joe Biden lie that he never discussed his son’s business? Why did Hunter complain to his daughter that Joe demanded half of his own grifting income? Why would a Vice President serially call disreputable American grifters and foreign corrupt oligarchs? Can Joe’s lifestyle ever be reconciled with his reported income?

Given such asymmetry in the application of the laws, conservative or even apolitical Americans are apprehensive that any political prominence will draw the attention of government in effort to either indict or bankrupt them with legal expenses.

The last four FBI Directors have either admitted they lied under oath, or preposterously under oath claimed ignorance or amnesia about events directly under their control. Or they simply stonewalled subpoenas and testimonies about alleged FBI crimes. 

The former CIA Director admitted to lying twice under oath. The FBI hired social media corporations to suppress election-cycle news deemed unhelpful to the Left. The agency, along with Democratic operatives, helped hatch the election-cycle conspiracy of the 2015-2016 Russian-Collusion hoax, and the 2020 Russian disinformation laptop hoax. The FBI played a central role in many of the 2024 indictments. In other words, the FBI along with the DOJ, has sought to warp three presidential elections in a row.

On the prompt of a Joe Biden campaign official (and now Secretary of State) and a former interim CIA director, 50 former intelligence officials lied to the electorate that an authentic but incriminating Biden computer was a likely Russian plant—a fact known to be lie but not disclosed as such by the FBI.

The Attack on the Supreme Court. Once the Court achieved a more or less predictable conservative majority, the Left sought to diminish it in a variety of ways. It has called for packing the Court with leftist jurists to create a new 15-justice bench. Leftist law professors in the Ivy League, in neo-Confederate nullification and insurrectionary style, call for the nation to ignore Court rulings on abortion and affirmative action.

The Senate minority leader led a throng to the doors of the court, threatening justices by name: “You have released the whirlwind, and you will pay the price. You won’t know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions.”

Protestors now mob the homes of individual justices hoping to intimidate them and alter their upcoming opinions—confident that the Department of Justice will exempt them from any legal consequences of such felonious behavior.

The media routinely accuses conservative justices of improper or illegal behavior, without worry about the emptiness of the charges. A traditionalist justice now accepts that a controversial ruling can result in media charges that he is corrupt, in shrieking protestors mobbing his home, in a mob assembling at the doors of the Court, in disruptions during Court hearings, in politicians issuing threats to his person, in congressional calls to alter the century-and-a-half make-up of the Court, and in Ivy League law professors urging the country to ignore majority decisions.

In sum, a conservative jurist must be careful where and when he goes out in public.

The Media-Democratic Fusion. If one were to listen during the last few years to NBC, ABC, CBS, NPR, PBS, MSNBC, or CNN, or read the New York Times, The Washington Post, The Chicago Tribune, or the Los Angeles Times, then one would have believed the following:

A) Donald Trump worked with the Russians to throw and win the 2016 election. As part of that skullduggery, frolicking amid prostitutes he urinated on a Moscow hotel bed to spite Barack Obama. B) He was mentally incapacitated as president and should have been removed under the 25th Amendment. C) In 2020, his campaign once more worked with the Russians to create an exact replica of Hunter Biden’s laptop, replete with dozens of lurid fake photos and hundreds of cleverly doctored emails to smear the Biden family and aid his own reelection effort. D) Trump as chief conspirator preplanned a violent and armed insurrection that sought to storm and permanently occupy the government, violently hijacking the balloting and seizing the presidency—resulting in the murder of a Capitol police officer and the subsequent deaths of other traumatized officers.

E) For the last eight years, none of Trump’s political opponents have ever destroyed subpoenaed evidence, conspired to hire foreign nationals to compile false and lurid files on him to subvert his political campaigns, or used their political offices to help solicit foreign money for family lobbyists. F) Trump is the first major candidate and politician who allegedly overvalued his real assets to obtain a loan that he repaid; the first to have concluded non-disclosure agreements with potential embarrassing liaisons; the first ex-president to remove sensitive files to his personal residence; and the first to phone a state official to whine about the integrity of the vote count. G) He is the first losing presidential candidate or major politician to question an election result or to seek redress through government agencies to rectify the purported corruption of the balloting.

In sum, for the first time in American history, nearly all the major communication and journalistic networks have been fused with a political party. They believe the new role of the media is to advance a shared progressive cause, oppose and even defame common opponents, and feed their audiences things that are not, and cannot possibly be, true.

The Destruction of Common Law. By defunding the police in major cities, and by showering leftwing district attorney candidates with millions of dollars in campaign funding, the Left systematically eroded the law as we know it in our major cities.

As a result, downtowns are after-dark, no-go zones, as once great metropolises resemble veritable combat theaters. Cities are becoming depopulated as consumers and businesses no longer find it safe to conduct commerce. Criminals and homeless now routinely break the law with impunity. Public violence, defecation, urination, fornication, and injection do not even rate as misdemeanors.

The Left has redefined violent crime to such an extent that shoplifting is no longer actionable. Flash mobs that take over streets and swarm to loot stores are rarely if ever arrested. Security officers who apprehend thieves or intervene to stop violence are more likely to be prosecuted than criminals themselves. There is no longer any immigration law; it has been utterly destroyed by Joe Biden. Seven-million illegal entrants flood into the U.S. and, along with the Mexican government, make demands on their hosts to accommodate their illegality.

In sum, in blue states and at the federal level, leftwing prosecutors and justices decide to enforce or ignore statutes, pile up or reduce indictments, increase or decrease punishments not on what the law entails, or evidence directs, but on the race, class, or ideology of the perpetrator, usually in connection with the particular status of his victims. If asymmetry in race, class, or ideology is suggested, then the law must modulate in redistributive fashion to contextualize the crime and criminal as a victim rather than a victimizer. The result is the veritable destruction of law and order as we once knew it.

The Erosion of the Military. Rarely has the American people polled so little confidence in the U.S. military. It perceives the Pentagon mission largely one to greenlight social change through the rapidity of the chain of command, not necessarily to maintain deterrence, much less to win all its wars. 

The Left has ensured that our armed forces are underfunded, short on munitions and weapons, and military officers are used to promote progressive social agendas. Officers expect to be promoted or stalled on the basis of their views on race and gender.

Those who traditionally died at twice their numbers in the general population in combat in Iraq and Afghanistan are ostracized and in near record numbers leaving, while their friends and relatives are no longer enlisting in the military.

Former Pentagon four-star officers violated the Code of Uniform Military Justice in attacking a sitting president with the harshest invective, invoking comparisons to Hitler and Mussolini, again predictably from a leftwing point of view.

The public expects the Joint Chiefs to be both appointed on ideological considerations, and from time to time even to free-lance to contact enemy counterparts should they feel a conservative president is dangerous to world peace.

There is no longer any social stigma or legal jeopardy for retired officers in working as defense contractor lobbyists or board members, after revolving from or soon back to the Pentagon.

Sexes. The heterosexual male and female, marriage, and the nuclear family are all to be suspect. There are three sexes or perhaps still more. English language pronouns are inadequate to reflect sexual diversity.

So adherence to such ossified languages is career endangering. An epidemic of childlessness, singlehood, and collapsing fertility rates are either of no national importance or illustrate the preferred non-nuclear family model. Powerful hormonal drug regimens and permanent radical sex-change surgery should be the choices of minors alone who know best when they choose to transition to another sex. Graphic sex manuals and drag queen shows with simulated sex acts can perhaps acculturate preteens to the dangers of growing up in an oppressive “normative” binary society.

Sex, but not race, is constructed, and thus a matter not of biology but of individual choice.

Race, Not Class. Racial inequality and lack of parity are due to “whiteness.” Racial quotas, segregated dorms, graduations, workshops, and safe spaces are exempt from civil rights statutes given they are necessary to achieve equity. Integration and assimilation are the opiates of the masses. Apartheid and segregation are misunderstood modalities, and thus, if enlightened, sometimes necessary corrective measures.

Reparations are to supersede ineffective affirmative action. Wokeness liberates us to see how race explains everything in America, past and present. At universities and in popular culture “proportional representation” of various ethnicities and races is no longer sufficient remedy.

Instead reparatory hiring and admissions are required to atone for prior generations of discrimination. It is taboo to suggest that cultural conditions not just race accounts for inequality. Everything from meritocracy to promptness to physical fitness is racist in nature, requiring DEI experts to expose and inform about the systemic nature of American racism.

Debt is a Construct. Modern monetary theory proved that annual deficits and national debt are just a state accounting challenge. So printing more money is an act that properly diminishes the value of existing capital improperly horded by parasitic profiteers. Spreading the ensuing cash wealth to the more deserving and victimized is long overdue social justice.

At any time, the national “debt” can be deconstructed by renouncing usurious bond obligations, appropriating private retirement accounts, or further inflating the currency—if governments are committed enough to social justice.

Universities. It is now heresy that universities should be places of disinterested inquiry and inductive investigation. They can properly instead become a valuable tool in ridding society of racist and sexist forces, platitudes about free speech and equality under the law, and the tyranny of private property, capitalist profiteering, and white, male heterosexual Christian oppression.

So the role of a university is to create a brief safe space in which graduates can leave with proper training about the terrible history of the United States and the ways in which it must be dismantled and then be rebuilt by the properly trained experts from the ground up. Counterrevolutionaries or deluded liberals and their quaint adherence to a racist and archaic Bill of Rights have no place on these islands of progressive resistance.

None of the above was true at the millennium; all are now—with more still to come.

A good list.  Thanks for posting it.

Pathetic.....(IMHO)  William Shakespeare must be rolling over in his grave.....

https://realnewsmichiana.com/2023/08/10/notre-dame-makes-woke-shakespeare/?fbclid=IwAR3xwvuXb1qK7b9qSCE4LC63saT1xP_hjAc6MQMdls-zcQWwr4Pw21fsG8U

SOUTH BEND, Ind. — The University of Notre Dame is making Shakespeare woke with what the university is calling “Hamlet 50/50” and The 50/50 Shakespeare Project. “Hamlet 50/50” mutilates the iconic play by giving male lines to female characters in an attempt to bring “equity” to Shakespeare. And, it’s all playing out at the annual Notre Dame Shakespeare festival starting next week.

According to a Q&A posted on Notre Dame’s Website, “Nothing’s wrong with the text, per se – there’s a good reason it’s a classic play. But here’s the thing: in the original play, only about 8% of the lines of dialogue are assigned to female-identifying characters. If you’re committed to creating more balanced and equitable productions for theatre, then choosing this text immediately puts you at a disadvantage. The 50/50 approach seeks to bring more equality into the workplace of Shakespeare, further upstream than it ever has been before.”

The woke adaptation was written by Vanessa Morosco and Peter Simon Hilton who, according to Notre Dame, “spent years working in the corporate sector in the areas of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI), nationally and internationally. They’ve created drama-based training to facilitate training for DEI, sexual harassment, and cultural differences for huge multinational companies. This is where both of those lanes come together – the workplace of Shakespeare is where all of these experiences converge.”

1 hour ago, swordfish said:

https://realnewsmichiana.com/2023/08/10/notre-dame-makes-woke-shakespeare/?fbclid=IwAR3xwvuXb1qK7b9qSCE4LC63saT1xP_hjAc6MQMdls-zcQWwr4Pw21fsG8U

SOUTH BEND, Ind. — The University of Notre Dame is making Shakespeare woke with what the university is calling “Hamlet 50/50” and The 50/50 Shakespeare Project. “Hamlet 50/50” mutilates the iconic play by giving male lines to female characters in an attempt to bring “equity” to Shakespeare. And, it’s all playing out at the annual Notre Dame Shakespeare festival starting next week.

According to a Q&A posted on Notre Dame’s Website, “Nothing’s wrong with the text, per se – there’s a good reason it’s a classic play. But here’s the thing: in the original play, only about 8% of the lines of dialogue are assigned to female-identifying characters. If you’re committed to creating more balanced and equitable productions for theatre, then choosing this text immediately puts you at a disadvantage. The 50/50 approach seeks to bring more equality into the workplace of Shakespeare, further upstream than it ever has been before.”

The woke adaptation was written by Vanessa Morosco and Peter Simon Hilton who, according to Notre Dame, “spent years working in the corporate sector in the areas of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI), nationally and internationally. They’ve created drama-based training to facilitate training for DEI, sexual harassment, and cultural differences for huge multinational companies. This is where both of those lanes come together – the workplace of Shakespeare is where all of these experiences converge.”

This must also fall under the "integrity" piece that @Bobref was referring to earlier this week.

"Shake down the thunder"...Irish may win an "equity" national title before they win another one in football...

On 8/11/2023 at 9:59 AM, swordfish said:

If you’re committed to creating more balanced and equitable productions for theatre,

Then by all means do that, with new material.  Not with classics that were created that way for a reason by the author.

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

Then by all means do that, with new material.  Not with classics that were created that way for a reason by the author.

I may have to take up arms if they ever come after the original Blazing Saddles........🤣

• Haha 1