Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC 2021

I agree with Tango, the Bears aren't going undefeated. There is a much better chance Castle goes 8-1, but I don't see that either. I think there is a much better chance Memorial, Mater Dei finish top 2 in the conference, but we will know a lot more by mid September. Can't wait. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tango said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Central will not go undefeated and Castle will have more than 1 loss.  The Bears lost some good players and Castle has averaged 3+ reg season losses for several years.  I also don't think Jasper, MD and Memorial will combine for 9 losses.  Memorial hosts the JCats Wk. 1, so we'll know something right off the bat. 

I made a V&T and rode over to watch the boys for a little while last night.  Darn pothole cost me the toddy but I thought we looked pretty good.  I mostly watched the big boys.  We appear bigger across the board than usual.  This might be the year we scrap the spread and "run it up 'n there" as ol' Bill Mallory used to say.       

Any one of MD, MHS, and Castle could win the conference.  It could be a year where those three teams go 1-1 against the other two.

You can’t ever discount Jasper.  Very possible they’re competing for the conference, too.

Reitz should be improved.  But I still see them as a tier below the above 4.

Central is going to be a question mark for me.  Obviously, they lost a whole lot.  But that doesn’t necessarily mean they didn’t have some really good players who just didn’t see much action while Boberg, Madison & Co. were getting all the reps.

On 6/18/2021 at 9:31 PM, MHSTigerFan said:

Any one of MD, MHS, and Castle could win the conference.  It could be a year where those three teams go 1-1 against the other two.

You can’t ever discount Jasper.  Very possible they’re competing for the conference, too.

Reitz should be improved.  But I still see them as a tier below the above 4.

Central is going to be a question mark for me.  Obviously, they lost a whole lot.  But that doesn’t necessarily mean they didn’t have some really good players who just didn’t see much action while Boberg, Madison & Co. were getting all the reps.

Agree with all these statements. The top 3 seem pretty clear. Jasper will be knocking on that door even though they lose Mann and Dawkins. I think this is the year we may see Reitz jump back over Central and North. They will now have a full offseason with no restrictions to learn the Brunson playbook and develop chemistry. Also helps that their will-be sophomore class is solid.

After hearing about some roster updates/transfers and how practices are going, I would predict:

Memorial, MD, Castle, Jasper, Reitz, North, Central, Vincennes, Harrison, Bosse

25 minutes ago, Football Fanatic said:

Agree with all these statements. The top 3 seem pretty clear. Jasper will be knocking on that door even though they lose Mann and Dawkins. I think this is the year we may see Reitz jump back over Central and North. They will now have a full offseason with no restrictions to learn the Brunson playbook and develop chemistry. Also helps that their will-be sophomore class is solid.

After hearing about some roster updates/transfers and how practices are going, I would predict:

Reitz will be be at the GS team camp Thursday.

58 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Reitz will be be at the GS team camp Thursday.

I've heard that it will be North Posey, Boonville, Reitz, and GS all scrimmaging each other. Sure it is early but those matchups could give some people an idea of where teams stand, at this point at least. I would imagine anybody watching would see GS head and shoulders above the other teams though.

1 hour ago, Football Fanatic said:

I've heard that it will be North Posey, Boonville, Reitz, and GS all scrimmaging each other. Sure it is early but those matchups could give some people an idea of where teams stand, at this point at least. I would imagine anybody watching would see GS head and shoulders above the other teams though.

You are correct teams attending.  

49 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Reading the article it seems this was the Player’s first choice for the job

Definitely a good thing for some stability in the Bulldogs’ program.  That’s very important for any program, but especially for one that has struggled.

Not a big fan of Ganaway taking the job and then skipping out after just one season for his own career advancement.  It just sends the wrong message.

But congrats to Mullen!

Check out our interview with Boonville Head Coach Darin Ward.  We discuss BV prep for the coming season, conference shakeup, and the improving level of SWI football

Please check out the Hoosier High School Football Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/Hoosier-High-School-Football-107360041590757/?ref=page_internal

canstockphoto9179631 (1).jpg

InterviewDarinWardBoonville0625.docx

Edited by DT

On 6/21/2021 at 9:55 AM, Football Fanatic said:

Jasper ended last year with the 2nd best SIAC record. Why does everyone seem to think there will be three teams clearly ahead of them this year?

9 hours ago, sr1 said:

Jasper ended last year with the 2nd best SIAC record. Why does everyone seem to think there will be three teams clearly ahead of them this year?

I’ve had Jasper as a wildcard.  I have thought that MD, MHS, and Castle will be duking it out for the title.  But I’ve also said that you can’t count Jasper out.

Speaking only for myself, the primary reason I’ve singled those 3 teams out is that they all return more from last year than Jasper does.

Of course, that can be an unreliable way to gauge a HS football team.  But we just don’t have much more to go on.