Jasper over Harrison 49-12, these other Cats are damn good

1 hour ago, TigerFan20 said:

Week 3 JH opening lines 

Castle (-21) at Bosse 

North(-21) at Harrison

Central(-1) at Memorial 

Reitz at Jasper(-10) 

VL at Mater Dei(-28)

Memorial is at Central.  Big trap game for the Tigers.  Reitz will have its eyes opened after 2 wins against bottom tier teams.  Bosse might just give Castle a game.  MD and North will roll.

21 minutes ago, tango said:

Memorial is at Central.  Big trap game for the Tigers.

That is my thinking too, the Tigers need to be on their best behavior and not make any uncharacteristic mistakes against Central

Edited by TigerFan20

2 hours ago, southend said:

I’m not close to your conference but I think that it is good for that conference, competition wise. Adds another 4a stalwart in the mix. Don’t you think so?

Adding Jasper was a smart move, great history, tough competition, and much more

There are a few good games this week but I’m most interested in jasper/reitz. Reitz took care of their first 2 games this year like they were suppose to but Jasper is the first big test. They might be a better team this year compared to last but I don’t know if it will be enough to take down Jasper. I think it will be a good one. I gotta root for the west side!

After week two where do we stand rankings.

1) Mater Dei two quality wins

2) Castle best defense in siac

3)Jasper maybe should be #2

4) Reitz dominating performance 

5)Memorial has to win to move up

6)Bosse feel good team

7)Central close to putting it together 

8)North who knows??

9) Harrison couple playmakers

10) Vincennes to late to get out of siac?

3 hours ago, Evansville50 said:

6)Bosse feel good team

8)North who knows??

There aren't any regrets out of the Lincoln program for joining the conference...just to be clear. This time last season, we were talking about how Lincoln let one slip away against Reitz after dominating the first 3 quarters. And that following week we felt we could've toppled MD had a couple plays gone our way. While the 2020 team only ended up with 3 conference wins, it could've easily been 4 or 5. And that team, although experienced, was not overly talented. 

What you're seeing after two weeks from this year's team was considered a possibility with all the sophomores forced into action..especially up front.  And it's gonna get worse before it gets better, but we're excited that these young guys are getting the exposure. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Evansville50 said:

6)Bosse feel good team

8)North who knows??

The Castle defense is fantastic, but are they the best. The MD defense might disagree. But there isn't an offense in the SIAC that wants to play Castle. 

Jasper should be at least at 2. Only reason I might leave them at 2 and not 1 is that the MD wins are better at this point.

Reitz has had a couple of wins but we will find out more about them this week. I don't expect them to stay at 4.

Bosse is definitely the feel good story of the season so far. Beating Central really opens some eyes. Is there any truth to the rumor that Central had a lot of players out? 

Also heard North was missing quite a few starters because of contact tracing. Is North really a lot better than their 0-2 record? Two losses to the cream of the crop in the SIAC shouldn't kill their season especially if they had starters out against Memorial. After losing to Castle and Memorial, North just might win out. 

Speaking of Memorial, how good are they? They lost to a very good Jasper squad and beat North by a score. But was North down players? Two weeks from now we should get an answer. 

Haven't seen anything of Harrison but I did hear from a reliable source that they are improved over last year. Hopefully they stay on the right path and continue their improvement. 

VL is going to have a rough year. Seems like a bad time to have a down year in the SIAC. I think top to bottom this is the best the conference has been in a while. 

• Like 1

Just some early notes and thoughts...

@SEAL_63 How did Reitz look against VL, if you attended? From what I’ve heard and seen so far, their offense is slow to start but the defense has been solid. Only giving up 7 points and very few first downs in 2 games is a good start to the season. It seems their sophomore class is contributing in a big way so far. 

Harrison seems to be improved this year. Their speed and athleticism gives them opportunities at anytime. If they start putting 4 quarters together, could be a sneaky team. 

Bosse over Central shocked me and many others I’m sure. So one may wonder, is Central really down this year or is Bosse legit? We will see in the next few weeks. Happy for Coach Mullen and the Dawgs on their impressive start to the season. 

Mater Dei may have some close games this year but they seem to be the best overall team so far.

1 hour ago, Spitting Llamas said:

Speaking of Memorial, how good are they? They lost to a very good Jasper squad and beat North by a score. But was North down players? Two weeks from now we should get an answer. 

In my bias eyes, we are a good team. Jasper was a doozy game, hats off to them, they are flipping good. I think the north game score would be a lot different if Tyler’s 2 TDs were not called back to holdings. But, North does appear to be a really solid team too, so that was a good test. These next 2 weeks will be interesting as Central is clearly a trap game and of course Mater Dei.