Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC Week 8

Evansville Harrison (0-7) at Evansville Mater Dei (3-4)
GAME TIME: 7 pm CT, Reitz Bowl.
COACHES: Mo Sutton, 0-7 in 1st year at Harrison. Mike Goebel, 230-75 in 24th year at Mater Dei.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Mater Dei, 40.4, 180th overall, 31st in 2A. Harrison, 5.35, 299th overall, 62nd in 4A.
LAST OUTING: Harrison lost to Evansville Central, 59-0. Mater Dei defeated Evansville Bosse, 56-6.
VS. COMMON FOES: Harrison 0-6; Mater Dei 2-4.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Harrison 31-17. Mater Dei 29-18.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: Mater Dei, 21-14
LAST MEETING: Mater Dei, 38-7, Sep. 6, 2019.
jh PREDICTION: Mater Dei, 35-10.

Evansville Memorial (4-3) at Vincennes Lincoln (3-4)
GAME TIME: 7:30 pm ET, Inman Field.
COACHES: John Hurley, 104-58 in 13th year at Memorial. Levi Salters, 28-14 in 4th year at Vincennes.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Memorial, 37.97, 190th overall, 42nd in 4A. Vincennes, 27.11, 234th overall, 50th in 3A.
LAST OUTING: Memorial defeated Evansville Reitz, 47-14. Vincennes defeated Evansville North, 21-13.
VS. COMMON FOES: Memorial 4-2; Vincennes 3-3.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Memorial 22-26. Vincennes 22-25.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: Vincennes, 5-4
LAST MEETING: Memorial, 52-6, Oct. 26, 2018, sectional.
jh PREDICTION: Memorial, 24-21.
Evansville Reitz (2-5) at Evansville Bosse (0-6)
GAME TIME: 7 pm CT, Enlow Field.
COACHES: Cory Brunson, 2-5 in 1st year at Reitz, 36-45 in 8th year overall. DaMarcus Ganaway, 0-6 in 1st year at Bosse.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Reitz, 20.79, 255th overall, 53rd in 4A. Bosse, 1.41, 307th overall, 63rd in 3A.
LAST OUTING: Reitz lost to Evansville Memorial, 47-14. Bosse lost to Evansville Mater Dei, 56-6.
VS. COMMON FOES: Reitz 1-4; Bosse 0-5.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Reitz 29-19. Bosse 27-15.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: Reitz, 30-8
LAST MEETING: Reitz, 19-14, Oct. 11, 2019.
jh PREDICTION: Reitz, 38-24.
Evansville Central (7-0) at Castle (5-1)
GAME TIME: 7 pm CT, Lidy Field.
COACHES: Sean Coultis, 16-3 in 2nd year at Central. Doug Hurt, 109-59 in 15th year at Castle.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Central, 58.84, 103rd overall, 27th in 4A. Castle, 45.35, 166th overall, 26th in 5A.
LAST OUTING: Central defeated Evansville Harrison, 59-0. Castle defeated Jasper, 14-10.
VS. COMMON FOES: Central 5-0; Castle 5-0.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Central 17-31. Castle 18-24.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: Castle, 26-14
LAST MEETING: Central, 38-7, Sep. 20, 2019.
jh PREDICTION: Central, 24-17.
Jasper (5-2) at Evansville North (5-2)
GAME TIME: 6:30 pm CT, Bundrant Stadium.
COACHES: Tony Lewis, 11-6 in 2nd year at Jasper, 142-72 in 19th year overall. Joey Paridaen, 11-16 in 3rd year at North, 47-49 in 9th year overall.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Jasper, 45.8, 164th overall, 38th in 4A. North, 38.26, 187th overall, 29th in 5A.
LAST OUTING: Jasper lost to Castle, 14-10. North lost to Vincennes Lincoln, 21-13.
VS. COMMON FOES: Jasper 5-1; North 5-1.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Jasper 21-26. North 17-30.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: Jasper, 2-0
LAST MEETING: Jasper won, 1987, sectional.
jh PREDICTION: Jasper, 24-21.

Mater Dei 

Memorial 

Reitz 

Central 

Jasper 

Week 7 Gamenotes 

- Central is pretty good when scoring. Clear favorite in Sectional 24 

- Castle is very underrated as they beat an good Jasper squad, will be an tough 2 weeks for the Knights. Possibly the favorite in their sectional 

- Can the Wildcats bounce back this week against North? North will be hungry for an victory after losing to VL

- VL pulls off the upset and has won 2 straight, while North is starting to trend downwards. Big game for the Alices this Friday against an improved Memorial Team.  

- From losing 3 straight in an brutal schedule, the Tigers are now 4-3 on the season. Completely dominated Reitz the entire game. 5 straight for the Tigers this week at VL? Or does the Alices have an trick up their sleeve. Postseason will be something to watch, contenders in Sectional 24? 

- MD is now trending upwards on their 2 game winning streak? Contender in their Sectional? I think so 

- Harrison, Bosse, and Reitz continue to struggle offensively and defensively in their games

Watched the MD Bosse game on 14 news. MD is definitely trending up. I think they might be last team standing from SIAC once the tournament starts. If Bosse can give the QB time he is a player. As an old QB myself I was impressed by him throwing b4 WR came out of break. But boy they have a long way to go. Castles D hasn’t been getting the love they deserve. Maybe after last game more people will take notice.  Very good aggressive unit. 3 more weeks to sort this thing out. I think this week might have a few upsets. We will see

Castle Vs Central could be a classic tale of the Irresistible Force (Central O) vs the Immovable Object (Castle D).  Central is averaging close to 43 PPG and Castle is giving up less that 7 PPG.  The Castle D has not yielded more than 2 scores to any team all year. The story very well could be can the inconsistent but improving Castle O score against the very stout Central D that is giving up just under 8 PPG.  Definitely an interesting matchup.  

MD-Harrison: Expect an blowout, MD, 55-0 

Memorial-VL: 2 surging teams in the SIAC, both going in the same direction. Memorial is coming off an blowout win against Reitz, while VL pulls off an impressive victory against North. This has an potential be an close game. Also Memorial has an chance to disrupt Castle next week, if Castle wins this Friday. Don't get me wrong my fellow Tigers, the Alices are an sneaky team and will give a fight, but the Tigers pull away late in this one. Memorial 28-14 

Reitz-Bosse: This was an close game last season, expect another one in my opinion. Reitz 21-10 

Jasper-North: Oh boy, this will be a fun game to watch. Jasper and North are on an 2 game losing streak as the enter the upper half of their schedules. Though both are 5-2, and still have an decent shot of getting the SIAC. However, only one will be closer. I can see an shootout or an close game, but I am choosing the WildCats in this, Jasper 31-24 

Game of the Week: 

Central-Castle: The biggest game of the week, as Central faces the mighty Castle Knights. Both with outstanding defenses so far in the conference. Coach Hurt has an chance at the SIAC for the first time since 2012. However, Central's offensive is superior to Castle. It will be great one throughout the entire night, but as the clock clicks down to 0.0, the Bears will be the victors in this one, Central 24-14 

1 hour ago, TigerFan20 said:

MD-Harrison: Expect an blowout, MD, 55-0 

Memorial-VL: 2 surging teams in the SIAC, both going in the same direction. Memorial is coming off an blowout win against Reitz, while VL pulls off an impressive victory against North. This has an potential be an close game. Also Memorial has an chance to disrupt Castle next week, if Castle wins this Friday. Don't get me wrong my fellow Tigers, the Alices are an sneaky team and will give a fight, but the Tigers pull away late in this one. Memorial 28-14 

Reitz-Bosse: This was an close game last season, expect another one in my opinion. Reitz 21-10 

Jasper-North: Oh boy, this will be a fun game to watch. Jasper and North are on an 2 game losing streak as the enter the upper half of their schedules. Though both are 5-2, and still have an decent shot of getting the SIAC. However, only one will be closer. I can see an shootout or an close game, but I am choosing the WildCats in this, Jasper 31-24 

Game of the Week: 

Central-Castle: The biggest game of the week, as Central faces the mighty Castle Knights. Both with outstanding defenses so far in the conference. Coach Hurt has an chance at the SIAC for the first time since 2012. However, Central's offensive is superior to Castle. It will be great one throughout the entire night, but as the clock clicks down to 0.0, the Bears will be the victors in this one, Central 24-14 

So...gotta ask, and apologize if it’s been mentioned somewhere in these SIAC threads...I don’t follow that closely- but peek in from time/time.

Whatever happened to the Evans boys from Central?? 

Last I heard- it was transfer to Princeton, then Illinois, then somewhere else?? 

Have they graduated yet?? 

11 minutes ago, jets said:

So...gotta ask, and apologize if it’s been mentioned somewhere in these SIAC threads...I don’t follow that closely- but peek in from time/time.

Last I heard- it was transfer to Princeton, then Illinois, then somewhere else?? 

Tory is a senior, still playing and doing pretty well this season.   Pretty sure he’s leading Central in rushing.

Tre’jon and Tor’jon are both gone. Tor’jon was dismissed from the Bears during the season last year.

2 hours ago, jets said:

I believe Tory is the only Evans left for Central, since I am pretty sure he is the youngest one. 

What a tough week of predictions...starting with the easy ones:

MD over Harrison 4 scores

Reitz over Bosse 3 scores

Jasper over North 2 scores - could be closer if the Huskies can regain their offense

VL edges Memorial - Alices have played really well at Inman Field 

Central over Castle 2 scores 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Good luck to all the teams tonight! If I am reading this correctly, but does VL only have 27 players on their roster, or is it not updated?

The roster is never complete on max preps if that’s what you’re referring to. The high school program has 73 kids, with roughly 20 of those comprising the freshmen team. 

1 hour ago, tango said:

Don’t think you’ll see him back up 21 and D holding Lincoln most of the night.

Yes. Another stout SIAC defense..As fundamentally sound as I’ve seen since Mater Dei. Memorial really exploited Lincoln’s pass protection issues. Alices had to play near mistake free offensively to score enough to win. 3 turnovers and some key early drops were drive killers. I would’ve liked to have seen us run the Power I more than we did, as that produced the lone score. 

Defensively for Lincoln, it was a respectable night..not great. Outside of the 1st quarter they really tightened things up (albeit with no Pence for Memorial after halftime). Probably the best receiving corps we will see all season. 

1 hour ago, tango said:

@SEAL_63your radio team is A+.  Best of luck next week.  Beat Jasper!

Dave Young and Pat Hutchison have been doing great work for many years! 

And gold luck to the Tigers. Won’t be shocked at all if they manage to repeat as sectional champ. 

Edited by SEAL_63
  • Like 1

Final Scores on the Night 

Memorial over VL, 21-6  

Jasper over North, 23-16 

MD over Harrison, 49-15 

Reitz over Bosse, 49-0 

SIAC Champ Central  over Castle, 14-3 

Any surprises on the night? Discuss below: 

Memorial's backup QB did very well tonight going around 12 of 13 with 120 yards with no turnovers after Pence went down in the 2nd quarter. Memorial's defense was dominant on the night with 4-5 sacks. For VL, the offense struggled the entire night, however, the defense was pretty solid as they had a good amount of TFL and around 3 sacks. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Final Scores on the Night 

Memorial over VL, 21-6  

Jasper over North, 23-16 

MD over Harrison, 49-15 

Reitz over Bosse, 49-0 

SIAC Champ Central  over Castle, 14-3 

Any surprises on the night? Discuss below: 

Memorial's backup QB did very well tonight going around 12 of 13 with 120 yards with no turnovers after Pence went down in the 2nd quarter. Memorial's defense was dominant on the night with 4-5 sacks. For VL, the offense struggled the entire night, however, the defense was pretty solid as they had a good amount of TFL and around 3 sacks. 

Nothing too surprising really. Congrats to Central. Now if you’re the Bears you have to avoid getting complacent now that the conference is wrapped up. A loss to a North team desperate for a win would be bad news heading into the sectional with Jasper and Memorial as real threats.