Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

First off Congratulations to the Elwood Panthers for breaking the streak.

Alexandria @ Oak Hill    The Golden Eagles by 20

Blackford @ Mississinewa  Indians by 2 TD's

Elwood @ Eastbrook   Panthers for Grant Co. by 6 TD's

Madison Grant @ Frankton  The Eagles in a shoot out  28-26 

Good Luck Everyone and Stay Healthy

Alexandria @ Oak Hill      Oak Hill by 21

Blackford @ Mississinewa  Ole Miss by 28

Elwood @ Eastbrook   As a gift for winning their first game in 18 years, Eastbrook hands Elwood a running clock.  Eastbrook by 60.

Madison Grant @ Frankton  I'm going to predict that the Eagles show more fight this week.  They are 8 point under dawgs according to the Sargarin Ratings but I think they catch Madison Grant sleeping on them and pull our a 24-21 win.  

Alexandria @ Oak Hill    Oak Hill by 3 TD's.  Oak Hills defense has been really good this year.  Alexandria will want to get in a shootout but don't think that will happen.

Blackford @ Mississinewa  Mississinewa by 3TD's.  Indians are too athletic for the Bruins.  Might be tight for a quarter or 2.

Elwood @ Eastbrook   Fantastic win for Elwood last week.  The fact that they were down by a couple touchdowns at one point and kept fighting says a lot.  Might not look huge on paper but would say they've made some great strides this year.  It will be a little bit of a reality check this week.  I'll go Eastbrook by 50

Madison Grant @ Frankton  Will be interesting how Madison Grant comes out this week.  The loss to Elwood will either refocus them on getting better or make them start looking forward to basketball season.  I'll pick MG by 1 TD.

Alexandria at Oak Hill--Alexandria has had a tough 2 weeks with losses to Mississinewa and Eastbrook.  Oak Hill is trying to hold on to 2nd place so with this said, Oak Hill runs away with it and Alexandria losses their 3rd straight.

Blackford at Mississinewa--Mississinewa seems to have maybe figured some things out offensively.  The last 2 weeks Mississinewa wasn't tested as they got up big in the first half in both games.  Blackford is improving and is in the hunt for 2nd place in the CIC.  If Mississinewa overlooks a few things Blackford will take advantage.  This game shouldn't be close, but will be closer than it should be.  Mississinewa wins but by 1 TD.

Elwood at Eastbrook--Well Congrats to Elwood for ending the streak.  Eastbrook is just too much for Elwood.  Will Eastbrook score 100 this week?  Will Elwood even get on the board?  Eastbrook by whatever they want.

Madison Grant at Frankton--Didn't think MG would loose to Elwood.  This week Frankton is hoping to sneak in a win.  MG has lost 4 straight so don't count out a 5th straight loss.  But this week MG wins a close one as Elwood is still celebrating the win from last week.

Alexandria @ Oak Hill  - I think Alexandria will battle Oak Hill, since I'm not overly impressed with Oak Hill's offense.  Even though Oak Hill has a better defense, most teams don't face passing offenses.  Alexandria will make it close, but I say Oak Hill wins 30-22.

Blackford @ Mississinewa  -  Ole Miss is strating to play better.  Of course, the competition has not been very good.  But I think Campbell has a big day and they beat Blackford 35-21

Elwood @ Eastbrook  - Congrats to Elwood!  Great comeback and victory.  They are improving!  Great to see!  Sadly, they get Eastbrook, then Mississinewa as their rewards.  Eastbrook wins 62-16

Madison Grant @ Frankton - Should be a close game.  I think MG will pull it out with a late score and hold Frankton for the win.  34-29.

HAVE A GREAT WEEK AND STAY HEALTHY

Edited by Kooldude

Oak Hill over Alexandria - No defense by the Tigers.  Plus Oak HIll has a goal, win out and they can claim their 2nd in the CIC.

Mississinewa over Blackford - Blackford will play inspired to make next week mean something (2nd place game), but Mississinewa has an athlete or two Blackford can't match.  They pull away in 2nd half.

Eastbrook over Elwood - Eastbrook by a lot.  But Elwood got the W they need and can point to that improvements are happening!!

MG over Frankton - MG in this one.  Frankton has shown little ability to put up points.  And last week being an anomaly, it looks like MG has a decent D.  

Sectional Draw tomorrow - Who does everyone hope for a first round matchup?

Here is my first round CIC predicted draw.  Not my "Who do you want" but more guessing "Who ya goin' get" :

Sectional 36:

Eastbrook vs Eastern

Alex vs Tipton

Frankton vs Lapel

Blackford vs Elwood

Sectional 43

Madison Grant vs Tri Central

Sectional 20

Mississinewa vs Jay County

Sectional 27

Oak Hill vs Bellmont

If I hit 100% I will be heading to Vegas this weekend!

Sectional 36 would be a perfect Sectional to seed.

With 4 top 15 teams according to the recent Coaches poll, and 4 of the bottom teams in 2A 

Eastbrook vs Elwood

Lapel vs Blackford

Tipton vs Alexandria

Eastern vs Frankton

This could be one of the toughest sectionals with the top 4 teams all being pretty good

Bittergymteacher.. If you go put $20 on Red for me!  🤣🤣

Also what are the Odds of Alex drawing Elwood for a 5th time in a row?

Edited by Giantbeareagle80

2 hours ago, GV5 said:

I think Elwood would beat Frankton in a rematch

I don't 100% disagree with you on this statement but it all depends on what the coaches learned about that game.  Frankton went something like 1-13 with an interception the first half of that game and then ran the ball with ease the second half.  Elwood ran their big fullback with success but then freaked out and put the ball in the air their last possession and blew any chance of a final drive for the win.  

I think if we see a rematch and Frankton leans on Finley, Harrison, and Everitt with a run gameplan, the Eagles win by 14+  If they try to air it out again, they lose.

1 minute ago, bittergymteacher said:

I don't 100% disagree with you on this statement but it all depends on what the coaches learned about that game.  Frankton went something like 1-13 with an interception the first half of that game and then ran the ball with ease the second half.  Elwood ran their big fullback with success but then freaked out and put the ball in the air their last possession and blew any chance of a final drive for the win.  

I think if we see a rematch and Frankton leans on Finley, Harrison, and Everitt with a run gameplan, the Eagles win by 14+  If they try to air it out again, they lose.

I absolutely agree it comes down to coaching. That is why i feel like Elwood has a slightly better chance. I do agree Frankton has the better talent!

22 minutes ago, bittergymteacher said:

Last week's game Frankton vs Oak Hill per MaxPreps - Frankton was 14/28 in the air with 98 yards.  They only had 5 carries for -1 yards.  Is Frankton OC an Air Raid guy and they've abandoned the run?  Or are some of those ball carriers out right now?  If they get back to ground and pound, they've got a shot.  If they 

In last 3 weeks they only have a total of 8 rushing yards.  And they haven't scored an offensive touchdown in past two weeks.  I pulled all of this off of MaxPreps, so chance for human error that stuff was input incorrectly. 

2 hours ago, Giantbeareagle80 said:

I understand that.  I think Frankton would rather play Alexandria too.   Elwood has figured out how to score, and are getting better each week.

It Seems the last 10 years or so Frankton has found a way past the Tigers.  Even when they probably shouldn't have.

Well except last year and 14-15 year  😉 that was just due to those years for Alexandria having better talent though!

I think everyone is wanting the easy road and the Frankton draw. Great way to say you had at least 1 post season win. The best questions are who is going to challenge Eastbrook in sectional 36? Is eastern legit or just week schedule? Can lapel find a way around eastbrook? Is the former CIC team Tipton up for new conferences kingss? Who is Franktons coach next year?

Edited by CoachOsGhost

1 hour ago, CoachOsGhost said:

I think everyone is wanting the easy road and the Frankton draw. Great way to say you had at least 1 post season win. The best questions are who is going to challenge Eastbrook in sectional 36? Is eastern legit or just week schedule? Can lapel find a way around eastbrook? Is the former CIC team Tipton up for new conferences kingss? Who is Franktons coach next year?

All good questions! I am not sure if tipton,eastern or lapel can play with them for 4 quarters! Can a coach come up with a few gimmick plays and control the rest of the game to steal one from Eastbrook? Not sure!

Frankton has to much talent to be as bad as they have been the last few years. Time for change!

Alexandria is the same way. To much talent to continue to struggle year after year! Need some new blood and coaches who have accountability for the kids.

Elwood is on the right path but have to build up youth or this will be a sad year after year song.

Blackford is as bad as anybody with talent or lack there of year after year but have great coaches.

Ole miss has talent and just needs them to trust the coaches. Future is bright.

Oak hill same as ole miss great coaches need the trust built in!

Eastbrook sets the standard and will till Adamson retires! Nuff said!

MG needs to continue to build not far of but cannot lose kids or they are doomed!

4 hours ago, CoachOsGhost said:

The best questions are who is going to challenge Eastbrook in sectional 36? Is eastern legit or just week schedule?

Eastbrook has demolished Eastern in the tournament, the 7 times they have faced each other, by a combined score of 239-53.

To answer your questions:

1) Eastern is legit with the schedule they play

2) They have a very weak schedule

3) Tipton would probably be my pick as the only team who'd give us the most fits

8 hours ago, 36_Belly said:

Eastbrook has demolished Eastern in the tournament

Maybe some bulletin board ammo here to get Eastern to get fired up and ready to play!  Just kidding, Eastbrook will beat Eastern with slight ease if they meet each other.

13 hours ago, CoachOsGhost said:

The best questions are who is going to challenge Eastbrook in sectional 36?

Eastern, Tipton, and Lapel all have realistic shots if Eastbrook over looks them or gets hit with Covid but other than that, I don't think anyone gets within 14 points if each team is playing on all cylinders.  They are just too well coached with the athletes to back up the coaching.

• Like 1

The Eastbrook vs Tipton game will definitely be one to see.  The 34-7 score from last year is a little deceiving.  It was a 1 TD game going into the 4th quarter.  Tipton was young last year (as was Eastbrook) and everyone knew they'd be pretty stout this year.  It's the kind of game Eastbrook needs though if the goal is Lucas Oil again.  It's hard to see what Eastbrook needs to improve on when the last half of the schedule is so weak.  A team like Tipton can show you the holes real quick.  Adamson's group are great at making the needed adjustments though and the kids playing now have been to semi-state and 2 state championship games the last 3 years so they're no stranger to good competition.  Should be a great game.

I've only seen Eastern against Oak Hill.  They look athletic and have a lot of weapons and being the first game of the season I'm sure a lot has changed.  I think their schedule hurts them come tournament time.  Eastbrook and Tipton both would be a pretty big jump in competition from what they see all season.  I don't know much about Lapel but they're usually solid and judging by their record they are a good team again this year.

Box score from last week shows that Lapel vs Heritage Christian was a 1 score game going into the 4th quarter, but bottom must have fallen out for the Bulldogs in the 4th as they lost 41-19.  I think they're just under the top tier in sectional 36.  I'd say it's Eastbrook as the favorite and Tipton is barely a step behind them. Lapel/Greentown need some good bounces versus either of them to have a shot.  Here's to a good draw for all of them!! Rest of the sectional is onto basketball season...hoping we get one.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, irishuncle411 said:

Box score from last week shows that Lapel vs Heritage Christian was a 1 score game going into the 4th quarter, but bottom must have fallen out for the Bulldogs in the 4th as they lost 41-19.  I think they're just under the top tier in sectional 36.  I'd say it's Eastbrook as the favorite and Tipton is barely a step behind them. Lapel/Greentown need some good bounces versus either of them to have a shot.  Here's to a good draw for all of them!! Rest of the sectional is onto basketball season...hoping we get one.  

I have not looked at box score of heritage Christian and lapel  just saw the score on john harrell. I heard at the grain elevator today that heritage Christian could be the 2a team to represent the south. So I just figured they drummed lapel and it was never really close. Could we see a heritage christian and eastbrook state title? Has anyone seen heritage christian them play this year? 

Edited by CoachOsGhost