Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Southwestern Indiana Top 10 Power Rankings - Week 8 - 2020

After Week 7
1. Central (7-0) - Deserved. Could the SIAC end up with a two-loss champion or does Central have this locked up?
2. Southridge (7-0) - Winning. It could get ugly against HH, but if the Patriots can be at full strength historically they have the antidote against the Raiders.
3. Castle (5-1) - Win out and get a share of the SIAC.
4. North (5-2) - What's happened to the North offense?
5. Gibson Southern (4-3) - Props for finding a game. County rivalry won't be pretty for Princeton.
6. Jasper (5-2) - Close doesn't cut it.
7. Tell City (6-1) - Fifth shutout.
8. Mater Dei (3-4) - Haven't lost to a team with a losing record. But still have four losses.
9. Vincennes Lincoln (3-4) - Wouldn't want to see them in the sectional.
10. Memorial (4-3) - VL game will be close. Could play spoiler against Castle.
HM:  Boonville (4-2) - Bye week this week or are the Pioneers looking?

Well, North isn't making this any easier. 

11 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

After Week 7
1. Central (7-0) - Deserved. Could the SIAC end up with a two-loss champion or does Central have this locked up?
2. Southridge (7-0) - Winning. It could get ugly against HH, but if the Patriots can be at full strength historically they have the antidote against the Raiders.
5. Gibson Southern (4-3) - Props for finding a game. County rivalry won't be pretty for Princeton.
8. Mater Dei (3-4) - Haven't lost to a team with a losing record. But still have four losses.
HM:  Boonville (5-2) - Bye week this week or are the Pioneers looking?

Top 3 are spot on. 

I would have Jasper ahead of GS and North. 

7-10 are all interchangeable. 

Definitely would add North Knox as an honorable mention after their beat down of Linton. 

19 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

After Week 7
HM:  Boonville (5-2) - Bye week this week or are the Pioneers looking?

Boonville is 4-2.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SEAL_63 said:

Top 3 are spot on. 

I would have Jasper ahead of GS and North. 

7-10 are all interchangeable. 

Definitely would add North Knox as an honorable mention after their beat down of Linton. 

Whether Jasper needs to be ranked higher or lower than North will work itself out this Friday.

• Like 1

North has lost 2 consecutive games to two teams that had a combined 3 wins going into the game(s).    Lincoln had beaten Harrison and Bosse and MD had beaten Lincoln.  It's a head scratcher to me.  I agree with Spitting Llama that Jasper should handle North without a whole lot of trouble.  I was high on North early, but they need to win to stop the descent.  I have to think GS would have a tough time against Jasper, who has played a tougher schedule thus far.  I'm not sold on Tell City, but I haven't seen them so I'll give them props for their record and the close game with Southridge.  GS's only quality win of the year was Boonville by 1 score.  Not sure how MD can be ahead of Memorial, who won the head-to-head match-up in Wk. 4 and also throttled Reitz Friday night by close to the same margin as Central did a few weeks earlier.  Rather than just critique, I'll throw out my list:

1. Central

2. Southridge

3. Castle

4. Jasper

5. Tell City 

6. North 

T7. Gibson Southern & Memorial (would love to see a full-crowd S32 match-up this year)

9. Mater Dei 

10. Lincoln

Edited by tango
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tango said:

It is off because the SIAC has no non-conference games.  Every team is skewed low.  

A few lines for potential tournament match ups (PAC v. SIAC) based on current Sagarin numbers :

Sectional 24

Boonville -3 vs. Central

Boonville -16 vs. Jasper

Boonville -23 vs. Memorial

Sectional 30

Princeton -4.5 vs. Lincoln

Washington vs. Vin. Lincoln -3

Sectional 40

Tell City -28 vs. Mater Dei

Forest Park -7 vs. Mater Dei

North Posey -3 vs. Mater Dei

If any of those match-ups get drawn out tomorrow night and someone wants the PAC team, please send me a DM.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, HHPatriots said:

I wish Southridge was playing Jasper this year.  I always love to see Jasper get beat, especially when it is by us or Southridge!  Sadly, no more....

I don't blame you, everyone likes to see Jasper lose because we have a good athletic program and win a lot. I would like to take SR and HH and replace Bosse and Harrison, but that's part of the SIAC package. But, like I said before, I would rather have a competitive Castle game in a loss than a blowout Washington or Princeton game in a win each year any day.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Cat02 said:

I don't blame you, everyone likes to see Jasper lose because we have a good athletic program and win a lot. I would like to take SR and HH and replace Bosse and Harrison, but that's part of the SIAC package. But, like I said before, I would rather have a competitive Castle game in a loss than a blowout Washington or Princeton game in a win each year any day.

No it's because you're kraut eaters.

FYI, My family is German, I speak German, and my mother has worked at the Schnitzelbank for 25 years and in Jasper for nearly 15 now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, tango said:

A few lines for potential tournament match ups (PAC v. SIAC) based on current Sagarin numbers :

Sectional 24

Boonville -3 vs. Central

Boonville -16 vs. Jasper

Boonville -23 vs. Memorial

Sectional 30

Princeton -4.5 vs. Lincoln

Washington vs. Vin. Lincoln -3

Sectional 40

Tell City -28 vs. Mater Dei

Forest Park -7 vs. Mater Dei

North Posey -3 vs. Mater Dei

If any of those match-ups get drawn out tomorrow night and someone wants the PAC team, please send me a DM.  

Sounds like the SIAC needs to kick out a member so they can have that non-conference game to get those Sagarin numbers up to par!! LOL

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

No it's because you're kraut eaters.

FYI, My family is German, I speak German, and my mother has worked at the Schnitzelbank for 25 years and in Jasper for nearly 15 now.

If your Mom or Dad has an "ei" in the last name...you are in the club.  LOL

16 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Sounds like the SIAC needs to kick out a member so they can have that non-conference game to get those Sagarin numbers up to par!! LOL

I like it the way it is. I just need to find a bookie willing to honor those lines! I'll take any of the sectional 24 or 40 games with those points.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, South Paw said:

I like it the way it is. I just need to find a bookie willing to honor those lines! I'll take any of the sectional 24 or 40 games with those points.

I don't blame you on either front.  A closed conference is what it is in terms of statistical tools....which aren't polls.

32 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Still hoping for some crazy two-loss tie for the SIAC. I haven't played out all the scenarios, but I believe it's possible.

39 minutes ago, Cat02 said:

I see us finishing 3rd. Possible 2nd in the SIAC, but 3 way tie would be nice. The only other thing I will miss about HH is their Patriot burger. Those are damn good. 

My SIAC prediction:

1. Central 9-0

T2. North, Jasper, Memorial 6-3

5. Castle 5-3

6. Mater Dei 5-4

T7. Reitz & Vincennes Lincoln 3-6

9. Bosse 1-7

10. Harrison 0-9

2 hours ago, Cat02 said:

It was all good fun...we loved to beat Jasper.  For a game that didn't matter at the end of the season, it always seemed to be the game that mattered the most.  The last game we played last year was a must win, we couldn't have that coach being the one Jasper football coach with a winning record against HH.  

Seriously, I am going to miss playing you guys.

9 hours ago, 2017statechamps said:

How does a Sagarin rating have Central so far off of their poll rankings?  Sagarin has Central at 27th in 4A, but yet they are #2/#3 in the polls.  Something seems off.....

The SIAC has zero non-conference wins so it gets hammered in Sagarin.

Sagarin currently rates Tecumseh, South Spencer, Washington and Princeton all higher then Reitz.  That should tell you all you need to know about comparing a closed conference to the rest of the state using mathematical rating systems (Hint:  you can't do it)