Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

WRC Week 8

Is that a shooting gallery I hear?? No, it is just me ripping off massive farts to fill your flatus hoagies!! Welcome to Week 8!!!

WRC Conference standings after seven weeks -

South Vermillion  5-0

Seeger 3-0

Attica 3-1

Parke Heritage 2-1

Covington 3-3

North Vermillion 1-4

Riverton Parke 0-4

Fountain Central 0-4

If you had told me before the season that Parke Heritage would be sitting in 4th place in the WRC, I would have challenged you to eat a can of refried beans and then try your prediction again. The sand is quickly draining from the hour glass for the Wolfs. One, maybe two more years to capitalize on all of that talent. Tick-tick-tick-tick. Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days of the Wolfs football.

Sitting one spot above Parke Heritage in third place is Rambler Dan and Attica. From the program lingering on death's door to sitting in 3rd place with two weeks left, you've gotta hand it to A-Town.

Meanwhile, in Clinton, the future's so bright you're gonna need a visor!!! The Tigerrrrrr........I mean the Wildcats are set to be WRC Champions for the 2nd time in the Visor's tenure.........IF, they can avoid an ambush by Mel, Herb, and the rest of the Patriots. Anyone know who the officials are for this epic clash??

Speaking of Seeger....Herb King is the new King of the North. King Herb has rebuilt the once powerful kingdom of Seeger. Look for King Herb to be the one pooping in the yards of other coaches from now on!!!

The Men of Troy have a 4-3 record, drones to film practice, and the hot rumor at Agave Azul is that Field Turf is coming to the Trojan Complex!! The new football coach is generating mucho excitement around town. If the Trojans want to hang on to Coach Campbell they better keep him wrapped up tight like a........Trojan?

Oh, how the mighty have fallen. North Vermillion with only one win on the season. Happy days are not here again in Newport.......no Hill Climb......no winning football games......orange barrels for miles and miles and miles and miles..........

Riverton Parke has a secret.........their youth teams are doing very well playing in Terre Haute. The talent balance will soon shift in Parke County and the Panthers will own the monopoly. On an unrelated note, don't be surprised when a current WRC head football coach is seen dining at the famous RP institution, the Mecca Tavern in the near future. Probably heard how good their tenderloins are.  

Fountain Central has a chance to pick up their first WRC win in two years against North Vermillion this week. It still boggles the mind how the bottom fell out of that proud program. Small school cycles I guess.

Ahhhhh. Tanka is back, I haven’t heard from you in awhile on here. Atleast he takes shots at everyone and not just the Wolfe’s. Atleast you get the conversation started  

I've heard for the last 10 years how well the youth teams at Riverton were. Not seen much improvement. Only success they have had in anything seems to be The baseball diamond. I guess Sanders did beat the rox once in 15 years, I enjoy his steaks better than the tenderloins anyway. 

You’ll have a chance to compete when Johnson is gone, until then try to keep him under 400 yards Friday!

18 hours ago, Oldbleacherfan said:

Ahhhhh. Tanka is back, I haven’t heard from you in awhile on here. Atleast he takes shots at everyone and not just the Wolfe’s. Atleast you get the conversation started  

I've heard for the last 10 years how well the youth teams at Riverton were. Not seen much improvement. Only success they have had in anything seems to be The baseball diamond. I guess Sanders did beat the rox once in 15 years, I enjoy his steaks better than the tenderloins anyway. 

You’ll have a chance to compete when Johnson is gone, until then try to keep him under 400 yards Friday!

Oldbleacherfan, your disdain for Riverton Parke is duly noted. But, like Tanka, I have heard the same good things about the Panthers' youth program. Which is more than I can say for Parke Heritage's youth program. From what I've been told, not only are the Young Panthers doing just fine, they are defeating teams in Terre Haute (along with North and South Vermillion's youth squads) quite handily. Now typically there is a little bit of growing pains between youth, middle and high school football, but success is success. Winners are winners. Those kids, hopefully for Riverton's sake, will bring that winning with them. Lord knows that program is overdue for some winning seasons. And I agree with Tanka, Not every school's athletic team success can be the beneficiary of a school consolidation for very long. 

Besides, aren't you the same guy who said Parke Heritage was pathetic after it's shootout loss to South Vermillion? But now you are rooting them on? Why? Because you know they can defeat Riverton this week? That, my friend, is the definition of a fair weather fan. Which to me is pathetic. 

Good to see some conversation going on.

Will RP every really be a force to reckon with in football? My opinion is no. You would think after all these years there would be a group of talent come through that would surprise people. 
A lot of youth programs start out well, but as kids get older they want to be on winning teams, that’s why at Riverton they play baseball, and even basketball has had some success. 

after going back and reading old’s post I didn’t see where he called PH pathetic. 

I think you you Bear54 asked “winning a conference championship is pathetic? How do?” 
They responded with “ that’s not pathetic, if that labels your season a success then that is”

I can see his point. If PH doesn’t win a sectional this year I can see how they would not be happy with their season. Same goes to SV. from everything I heard or read, they think they will make a deep run in the tournament. If they don’t make it out of sectionals are they going to be fulfilled? 

If Olds is who I think he is, he isn’t a fair weather fan. He has had success himself playing and has enjoyed watching success by his kids in high school and hopefully for a few more years in college. 

As the main game for this week. If Herb can stop the run, they have a very good chance of beating the Cats. As forrest of the games, not much interest. Hope everyone stays safe and comes out healthy. 

Wolfs 82, RP 4...with a grand slam in the bottom of the 6th.  I’ve heard the same thing about RP youth teams.  Hasn’t seemed to translate into HS success yet?  I’ve also heard the Wolfs are loaded in the younger grades in other sports...what’s up with football??

Covington 42, Tri-County 6.  Trojans are in pure sleeper mode for sectional 45.  

Falcons 24, FC 6.  NV needs another win, lowly Mustangs will oblige.   

Attica 48, South Newton 0.  This is obviously a game Rambler Dan thinks they can win.  Will this be Attica’s last regular season game?

D1’s 48, Herbies 18.  Not nearly as much hype to this game as the Wolfs game?  This is the WRC championship game is it not?  D1’s just have too much talent for the Herbies.  Be prepared for a monstrous fireworks display at the end of the season on the banks of the Wabash in Clinton.  

27 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Will RP every really be a force to reckon with in football? My opinion is no. You would think after all these years there would be a group of talent come through that would surprise people. 
A lot of youth programs start out well, but as kids get older they want to be on winning teams, that’s why at Riverton they play baseball, and even basketball has had some success. 

after going back and reading old’s post I didn’t see where he called PH pathetic. 

I think you you Bear54 asked “winning a conference championship is pathetic? How do?” 
They responded with “ that’s not pathetic, if that labels your season a success then that is”

I can see his point. If PH doesn’t win a sectional this year I can see how they would not be happy with their season. Same goes to SV. from everything I heard or read, they think they will make a deep run in the tournament. If they don’t make it out of sectionals are they going to be fulfilled? 

If Olds is who I think he is, he isn’t a fair weather fan. He has had success himself playing and has enjoyed watching success by his kids in high school and hopefully for a few more years in college. 

As the main game for this week. If Herb can stop the run, they have a very good chance of beating the Cats. As forrest of the games, not much interest. Hope everyone stays safe and comes out healthy. 

The Woofs won’t beat South Putnams. 
Second and foremost Western Boones will take out the cherry pickers also known as South Vermillions. I swear to God they will

29 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

I think you Bear54 asked “winning a conference championship is pathetic? How so?” 

Why can I not edit my post? Sorry for any typo, auto corrects 

4 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

Second and foremost Western Boones will take out the cherry pickers also known as South Vermillions. I swear to God they will

But will the upcoming talen........I mean outstanding tenderloins be enough to lure a legend to southwest parke county?

Just a reminder most youth teams in TH have to spread their good players between teams and won’t stack one team, I was recently told that the north vermillion youth league (Started there I believe) has more competition than the Leagues in Terre haute. According to the rockville teams that have played in both. 

Wolves JH beat the panthers from what Facebook told me and 3 PH boys even moved there to play for the tenderloin king. 

and lastly, I have watched youth basketball games but not football games and I witnessed the wolves beat every other wrc b-ball teams by 30-50. Yes they have a lot of athletes. 

wolves have a few more years with Moore as he isn’t going to retire before the johnson boys graduate. 

if RP has all of this talent, how long before they move on if sanders doesn’t produce some winning seasons?

35 minutes ago, Tanka Jahari said:

But will the upcoming talen........I mean outstanding tenderloins be enough to lure a legend to southwest parke county?

I know some guys have coached at different places in the WRC, but if Moore jumps ship that would put him as the Head Coach of half of the WRC??

2 minutes ago, Oldbleacherfan said:

Just a reminder most youth teams in TH have to spread their good players between teams and won’t stack one team, I was recently told that the north vermillion youth league (Started there I believe) has more competition than the Leagues in Terre haute. According to the rockville teams that have played in both. 

Wolves JH beat the panthers from what Facebook told me and 3 PH boys even moved there to play for the tenderloin king. 

and lastly, I have watched youth basketball games but not football games and I witnessed the wolves beat every other wrc b-ball teams by 30-50. Yes they have a lot of athletes. 

wolves have a few more years with Moore as he isn’t going to retire before the johnson boys graduate. 

if RP has all of this talent, how long before they move on if sanders doesn’t produce some winning seasons?

The OBF is getting a little frisky!  Don't insult his Woofs!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Donnie Baker said:

Agreed, there's not a team in the WRC that could beat South Putnam this year. Including South Vermillion. 

46 minutes ago, Oldbleacherfan said:

Kids on Terre Haute teams typically play with kids in their geographical area. (South, North, West, East). They don't typically do team stacking in Terre Haute. The battle lines between the high school teams are pretty well drawn out. South kids end up at TH South, North at TH North, West at West Vigo. Eastside kids usually split up between TH South and TH North. Occasionally, there's some flip-flopping that goes on. You even see some South and North kids end up at West Vigo. It usually causes quite the stir in Terre Haute when one school gets a lot of the good youth kids. 

I'm not sure, but are Rockville youth teams even playing anywhere this year? Gonna be tough to replenish the talent pool if they're taking a year off. I've heard the JH Wolves are middle of the pack in WRC competition. And I've also heard the JV Wolves have only played 2 games this year. 50 kids on the high school team and they can't find JV games to play? Is this COVID related, or not wanting the rest of the conference to see the talent drop off?

47 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Must not be talking about Moore, he is a talent chaser. So don’t think he would head to RP 

Agreed, good tenderloins or not, he's not gonna end up at Riverton Parke...ever

4 hours ago, Bear54 said:

And I've also heard the JV Wolves have only played 2 games this year. 50 kids on the high school team and they can't find JV games to play? Is this COVID related, or not wanting the rest of the conference to see the talent drop off?

Wolves JV played Covington 

wolves JV played north Montgomery 

wolves JV played Northview 

north vermillion canceled (last year when PH canceled, Moore’s head was wanted and I was a weirdo posting the 12 injuries Wolves had) 

Riverton canceled 

south vermillion was moved to next week. 

This all comes from Facebook but I believe this is accurate. 

The boys and girls club puts kids together from similar areas? There’s 20 elm schools in Vigo county. Not sure how easy that process would be. Interesting. 

13 hours ago, Oldbleacherfan said:

The boys and girls club puts kids together from similar areas? There’s 20 elm schools in Vigo county. Not sure how easy that process would be. Interesting. 

Yeah, it is amazing when you look at a map and can look at an address and assign a kid to a team. Pretty crazy process. Little League has only been doing it for like 100 years. Give it up Ron. 

BTW, saw a score on Facebook (Since that seems to be where you get all your information.) Banks of the Wabash football tourney - JH Panthers 44 JH Wolves 22. From what I read the Wolves were up 14-0 in the first. So that means they were outscored 44-8 in the final three quarters... ouch! 

17 minutes ago, wrcsage said:

Wolfs 72, West Vigo 12.  Good to see the Wolfs grow a pair and play someone with at least a beating heart.  What will RP’s status for the sectional be?    

That is hilarious. You WRC people are something else. You really think they can score 72 and hold West Vigo to 12? Parke Heritage is giving up 22 points a game. The Vikings will be able to score at least that many. They're not scoring 72. Wouldn't be surprised if they get beat in a shootout similar to the South Vermillion game. 

10 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Hate to hear this for any team at this time of the the year. Could make tournament time interesting. 

Cloverdale have covid also? 

Word on the street is Clovers are down to about 12 kids. And I hear the Panthers are out the next 2 weeks, but return the week of sectionals. 

If those two teams don't play, it'd be a 6 team sectional. Definately very interesting. 

• Like 1