Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

WRC Week 8

6 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Damn I don’t know which post to comment on. 

My opinion on the Wolves defense is you have the same athletes playing both ways. It feels like to me they are “taking a break” on defense so they are fresh on offense.  Would be nice to have a few younger players that could step up and fill in on defense and make an impact or atleast feel a hole.  I’m not sure the wolves have any players that truly like to hit anyone. Back in years past you would have kids that didn’t care about offense they just wanted to hit someone. That how’s for other teams also, not just the Wolves 

With a roster of 50+ no one should be resting on defense. Weak excuse 

I’m not sure that’s an excuse. I said that was my opinion of what I see from them. I’m sure if you ask any of the players or coaches. They would say they are give it all, all the time. 

Donnie you have been around long enough to know just because you have 50+ plus kids doesn’t mean you will have 22 good football players. Just like fans, when you think there will be success kids jump on the bandwagon also. Happens at all schools, all teams, all levels 

It’s apparent we have some people close enough to the Wolfs’ program to answer this....what is practice time spent on?  I think the Wolfs got dinged by the IHSAA back in the spring (when everyone was supposed to be on quarantine btw) for an illegal practice.  I saw the videos posted.  It was all offense...just saying.  You are what you preach/work on.  

2 minutes ago, wrcsage said:

It’s apparent we have some people close enough to the Wolfs’ program to answer this....what is practice time spent on?  I think the Wolfs got dinged by the IHSAA back in the spring (when everyone was supposed to be on quarantine btw) for an illegal practice.  I saw the videos posted.  It was all offense...just saying.  You are what you preach/work on.  

Because the cashier at Casey’s told me we had kids quarantined doesn’t mean I know their practice schedule lol obviously more offense than defense 

Where can I watch the sectional draw? And is the west Vigo game going to be live streamed? 

6 minutes ago, Oldbleacherfan said:

Because the cashier at Casey’s told me we had kids quarantined doesn’t mean I know their practice schedule lol obviously more offense than defense 

Where can I watch the sectional draw? And is the west Vigo game going to be live streamed? 

Probably IHSAA.ORG

10 hours ago, Oldbleacherfan said:

@Ballhawk I love your insight and input, thanks for commenting on the last few WRC threads. 

Thank you sir.  Born in Williamsport, raised first 7 years in Attica.  Dad played at Seeger and mom cheered at Attica.  Dad grew up in Judyville and had a cousin play at Fountain Central.  I was a coach for 30+ years and had some sons who were pretty successful on the field.

No more family in the area, but still a lot of interest in the WRC.  I find it interesting what people have to say on here.

12 hours ago, Oldbleacherfan said:

Lol. What’s your name keyboard warrior? 

I gave Bobby a call at the boys and girls club this eve (boys and girls club merged Their league with the wabash valley sports center league) and there is six 3-4 grade teams and Seven 5-6 grade teams participating. Even though it is done by location, the lines move according to what kid needs to play where to make each team competitive. (Great idea really) So like I said, they are beating Terre haute teams that have the good athletes scattered around. If RP wins a sectional in the next 10 years I will donate 25% years salary to get them some new bleachers and I’ll buy every person in Mecca a nice cold beer at coach sanders establishment. Even you bear. 

That's funny. If you knew my name, I wouldn't be a keyboard warrior. 

That's about all Bobby does at the Club these days is answer phones since Trent Miles is now in charge. The Boys and Girls Club merged with Vigo County Youth Football, not the Sports Center. Evidently Bobby gave you some bad information. 

So, instead of speculation about the Riverton youth team, I went to the Boys and Girls club site and looked up the scores of the Riverton 5th/6th grade team...

T.H. Seahawks 26

RP                          25  3 OT

RP                          34

N. Vermillion       0

RP                        40

SV                          8

T.H. Falcons   18

RP                         6

RP                      28

West Vigo        6

RP                        24

T.H. Panthers   6

RP                      24

Sullivan             0

Not too shabby, 5-2 on the year so far. Although it looks as if they're competing with T.H. teams and blowing out schools of similar size.  

BTW... I like Bud Light in a bottle

31 minutes ago, Bear54 said:

That's funny. If you knew my name, I wouldn't be a keyboard warrior. 

That's about all Bobby does at the Club these days is answer phones since Trent Miles is now in charge. The Boys and Girls Club merged with Vigo County Youth Football, not the Sports Center. Evidently Bobby gave you some bad information. 

So, instead of speculation about the Riverton youth team, I went to the Boys and Girls club site and looked up the scores of the Riverton 5th/6th grade team...

T.H. Seahawks 26

RP                          25  3 OT

RP                          34

N. Vermillion       0

RP                        40

SV                          8

T.H. Falcons   18

RP                         6

RP                      28

West Vigo        6

RP                        24

T.H. Panthers   6

RP                      24

Sullivan             0

Not too shabby, 5-2 on the year so far. Although it looks as if they're competing with T.H. teams and blowing out schools of similar size.  

BTW... I like Bud Light in a bottle

You sir are correct on the merging leagues. My sincerest apologies! 

13 hours ago, Oldbleacherfan said:

Lol. What’s your name keyboard warrior? 

I gave Bobby a call at the boys and girls club this eve (boys and girls club merged Their league with the wabash valley sports center league) and there is six 3-4 grade teams and Seven 5-6 grade teams participating. Even though it is done by location, the lines move according to what kid needs to play where to make each team competitive. (Great idea really) So like I said, they are beating Terre haute teams that have the good athletes scattered around. If RP wins a sectional in the next 10 years I will donate 25% years salary to get them some new bleachers and I’ll buy every person in Mecca a nice cold beer at coach sanders establishment. Even you bear. 

If I am in Mecca on this day, can I still get a cold beer... and if so, can I get a heads up on when this is? 

46 minutes ago, CoachDurham said:

If I am in Mecca on this day, can I still get a cold beer... and if so, can I get a heads up on when this is? 

You may, or may not, be able to get a cold beer. I can say with certainty though that you can pick up a new K-9 friend if you visit the metropolis of Mecca. There's always 3-4 dogs running around town.

2 hours ago, Tanka Jahari said:

You may, or may not, be able to get a cold beer. I can say with certainty though that you can pick up a new K-9 friend if you visit the metropolis of Mecca. There's always 3-4 dogs running around town.

3-4 dogs??  Might want to multiply that a few times over.  The few times I have driven through Mecca, we had to come to a complete stop to let dogs cross the road! 

Speaking of Mecca, one day I would like to try the famous Mecca Tavern tenderloin. How are the restroom facilities? I need to know this in case I have to unleash a liquified fecal deluge upon finishing my meal.

I can only imagine the celebration and revelry that will take place in Mecca when the Panthers start smacking the Wolfs around on an annual basis. 

44 minutes ago, Tanka Jahari said:

Speaking of Mecca, one day I would like to try the famous Mecca Tavern tenderloin. How are the restroom facilities? I need to know this in case I have to unleash a liquified fecal deluge upon finishing my meal.

So, I just sat down to a nice lunch, opened up the GID to see what’s new, and this is the first thing I see? Could you please go back to just talking about end zone cameras? 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Bobref said:

So, I just sat down to a nice lunch, opened up the GID to see what’s new, and this is the first thing I see? Could you please go back to just talking about end zone cameras? 

Seriously, how awesome is the Hi-Pod X31? It's like the rest of the folks in the endzone camera game are just playing catch-up!

1 hour ago, Tanka Jahari said:I can only imagine the celebration and revelry that will take place in Mecca when the Panthers start smacking the Wolfs around on an annual basis. 

I don’t see Riverton smacking around the Wolves on an annual basis Anytime in the near future. 8-10 years. Maybe in baseball or softball, but not football. 

Now for some real football talk watch match up would you like to see in the first round of the sectional? 

Mine is PH and South Put. Play the championship game the first week. 

Could be interesting with Covid numbers coming back up and schools having issues, If a few schools have problems it could make sectionals very interesting in a lot of areas. 

This is going to be an interesting thread to follow for the next few days. Some needs to dig into what’s going on.

I can’t imagine PH backing out of another game?

why would West Vigo cancel? Worried about covid? Doesn’t want to get beat by another 1A school?  

I do know RP is starting their fall break early due to the number of kids in the county quarantined. Does this have something to do with the it?