Head Coach Openings 2024 ×

Reclassification 2021 Season

1a:  LCC wins Regional they are bumped up 2a  Lutheran wins Semi State they bump to 2a.  West Washington would need to win state to bump up 2a, as would Adams Central 

2a:  Andrean wins State they bump to 3a  Eastbrook wins semi State they bump to 3a:  Western Boone Bumps to 3a with a Regional Win.  Triton Central must win state to bump to 3a. 

3a:  Chatard bumps to 4a with regional win Heritage Hills bumps to 4a with Semi State Win:  Mish. Marian would need to win state as would Danville to bump to 4a 

4a:  East Noble will need to win Semi State to bump to 5a, while Memorial already playing up, gets stuck no matter what in 4a this upcoming cycle by winning state last year:   Mt. Vernon must win State as does Hobart to bump to 5a.  

5a:  New Pal is stuck in 5a due to their state finals win last year, they stay up:  Valpo must win Regional to bump up to 6a, but they are only down because of consolidation of Elkhart, so them and Lafayette Jefferson will be on that 5a/6a bubble regardless.   But if Valpo wins Regional they bump up no matter what.   Bloomington South would need to Win state to bump up to 6a. 

6a:   If Center Grove wins:  They must bump up to play in the Pioneer League.  :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

4a:  while Memorial already playing up, gets stuck no matter what in 4a this upcoming cycle by winning state last year  

5a:  New Pal is stuck in 5a due to their state finals win last they stay up

I'm confused by both of these statements... wouldn't a Regional Championship for both Evansville Memorial and New Palestine result in them being bumped up another class, to 5A and 6A respectively? They way you have worded this, makes it seem like they only stay in their current classes.

5 hours ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

I'm confused by both of these statements... wouldn't a Regional Championship for both Evansville Memorial and New Palestine result in them being bumped up another class, to 5A and 6A respectively? They way you have worded this, makes it seem like they only stay in their current classes.

I believe both of those statements are true. However with New Pal needing to get through Whiteland and Cathedral and Ev Memorial facing Ev Central and Mooresville/East Central, I think the assumption is that neither team will make it that far. 

48 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

I believe both of those statements are true. However with New Pal needing to get through Whiteland and Cathedral and Ev Memorial facing Ev Central and Mooresville/East Central, I think the assumption is that neither team will make it that far. 

Never underestimate Coach Hurley and his Tigers, did not think that Memorial was going to win state last year or even an sectional. But, yes, it will be tough for us to even make it of sectionals with Jasper and Central in it 

8 hours ago, Staxawax said:

I thought re-classification would be in 2022? I understood Carmel would be in Sectional 5 for 2 seasons before going back to the north?

Nope reclassification took place last year. Because of Elkhart consolidation, they got put in 6A for one season, which then forced Zionsville to bump down to 5A, and Carmel talking their place in the South sectional w/Avon, Bburg, and Pike. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

Columbus East will bump back down to 5A after this year... still will be playing up a class even at 5A. 6A was just way too much for CE lol 

I completely forgot the Olympians are 4A by enrollment. Impressive run. What would it take over the following 2 seasons to stay up in 5A? I haven't put any time into studying the success factor qualifications.

17 hours ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

I did not take the time to look up or think about those coming down a class. 

16 hours ago, RegionFBFan said:

I think Andrean has to win State to get bumped to 3A. Two points from last year (Regional) plus 4 points State title totaling 6 points.

Correct:  

17 hours ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Winning state year 1 keeps you up...nothing else required.

1 hour ago, Boilernation said:

I completely forgot the Olympians are 4A by enrollment. Impressive run. What would it take over the following 2 seasons to stay up in 5A? I haven't put any time into studying the success factor qualifications.

I believe a sectional championshipp and you stay up. In 5A that sectional consists of 5 other HHC team (which East has a 105 game win streak against).  

• Thanks 1

I haven’t checked recently.  I used to know this stuff....and argue with Coach G (good dude who I oft corresponded with) of Brebeuf who (I think) pitched it to the IHSAA.  It used to take 4 points to remain in a class above.  I think it’s only 2 points now in any given period.  That amounts to 2 Sectional Championships or a single Regional Championship..

1 hour ago, sr1 said:

If I understand the rule, Southridge would go back down to 2A if they do not win the regional this year. That assumes that their enrollment did not keep them up. 

I think no matter what happens with the Ridge they are moving back to 2A unless their enrollment has grown and will keep them in 3A.

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

Winning state year 1 keeps you up...nothing else required.

I understand that. My point was - @Coach Nowlin said both teams are "stuck" in 4A and 5A no matter what... but that is not true. If they win Regional Championships this year, they will both get bumped up ANOTHER class to 5A and 6A respectively.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://www.ihsaa.org/Portals/0/ihsaa/documents/Tournament Success Factor/Football Success Totals 2019-20 2020-21.pdf

https://www.ihsaa.org/Portals/0/ihsaa/documents/Tournament Success Factor/Tournament Success Factor Provisions.pdf

d. If a school which has participated in a higher enrollment class during the previous reclassification period achieves a tournament series success point value of Two (2), Three (3), Four (4) or Five (5) points in a specific sport, such school shall remain in the same enrollment class in that sport for the next reclassification period. The foregoing notwithstanding, if there is a change in the school’s enrollment which would result in the school being placed in a higher enrollment class than the enrollment class dictated by this section, then in that circumstance the school shall be placed in the enrollment class determined by the school’s enrollment for the next reclassification period.

e. If a school which has participated in a higher enrollment class during the previous reclassification period achieves a tournament series success point value of One (1) point or less in a specific sport, such school shall be placed in the classification immediately below the classification previously occupied for the next reclassification period.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fenderbender said:

Sorry I was wrong.   Regional is two points and that stays up.

Okay....so The Ridge won the state tournament in 2017 (4 points) and the regional in 2018 (2 points) which meant they move up to 3A.  Last season they lost in the sectional (0 pts).  So it is my understanding that no matter what happens they will move back to 2A due to a two year period of not meeting the 6 point rule.  Is that wrong??