Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

27 minutes ago, FarmerFran said:

Missed the sectional matchup but the point still stands. Judson has no issue beating the “little guys” but always seems to struggle against the top tier teams. 

In fairness. This is Lambert's second year of being the head coach. They are certainly a program on the rise.. their 8th grade classes through sophomore classes are pretty special. 

I'm not gonna judge tonight's game by looking at what Ted White couldn't do in the past. 

I've seen both teams. I like LaVille's skilled guys, I like NJ's ol/dl. It's gonna come down to Turnovers, The passing game and Czarnecki's foot. 

Edited by TheStatGuy

Judson 9 LaVille 7

Judson plays Pioneer for a conference title next week.  These Bluejays have been resilient all year and showed tonight that they are ready for any challenge in the upcoming 1A tournament.  But for tonight we celebrate a big win against a very good team and a great program.  Under Coach Lambert the Jays have won 14/20 games.  

• Like 1

Congrats to the Warriors. 4-2 this year. On pace for their first winning record since 2016. I didn't make it to the game due to attending lewis Cass' game... Heard lots of subbing going on, which I love... Getting those younger kids some PT. 

Just now, Coach Nowlin said:

I need to know:   was the game 2-0 at all at any point in Jays game?     I mean 9-7,  did Judson miss a PAT and make a FG?   Did Nick Uranker have a kid already ??  some people are dying to know!!!  Those people, is really just me.  

Sadly it was not 2-0 at any point.  However, the Jays had a chance to get another safety and just missed it.  Jays converted a FG with 54 seconds to go to take the lead by a kid named Stone Cold Peyton Roberts.   Nick Urankur I believe has kids when he isn’t power cleaning 500lbs.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Duke of Denham said:

Sadly it was not 2-0 at any point.  However, the Jays had a chance to get another safety and just missed it.  Jays converted a FG with 54 seconds to go to take the lead by a kid named Stone Cold Peyton Roberts.   Nick Urankur I believe has kids when he isn’t power cleaning 500lbs.  

Oh my!!!   FG to win!!!   What excitement:    How far was DAS BOOT from?   

8 hours ago, TheStatGuy said:

It's gonna come down to Turnovers, The passing game and Czarnecki's foot. 

You were almost perfect this week.  Judson didn’t turn the ball over.  Judson completed the biggest pass of the game.  Alas, Czarencki’s leg was a non-factor.  He did a great acting job pretending to get hit on a field goal.  Refs pooped their panties on that one.  They also attempted a 47 yard field goal that was about ten yards short.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Duke of Denham said:

You were almost perfect this week.  Judson didn’t turn the ball over.  Judson completed the biggest pass of the game.  Alas, Czarencki’s leg was a non-factor.  He did a great acting job pretending to get hit on a field goal.  Refs pooped their panties on that one.  They also attempted a 47 yard field goal that was about ten yards short.  

His foot still played a role... Missed field goal and a made PAT. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SteelCurtain88 said:

After watching the Jays twice, there is no way they come close to beating Laville.  They will not stop the passing game and probably not score!  Unimpressed for being 6-1

This aged well. 

I'm telling you. Winamac's D in the 2nd half absolutely shut down LaVille's offense... Other than those 2 big pass plays, they didn't do a ton offensively. 

Yes, I know LaVille had a freshman QB, yes I know it was their first game (Winamac's 2nd) and yes I know LaVille had a new offense (Winamac had a new offense and defense and all but 1 new coaching staff)...and that new offense caught the coaches off guard (seemed they were prepared for last years) I was a tad bit more impressed with the Jays when I thought back at both games. NJ is a tad more physical, bigger and some decent experience. 

Edited by TheStatGuy
  • Like 1