Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Class 2A Sectional #34 Talk . . .

Just a couple of weeks away from the state tournament.

So, let's have some conversation about if you were to seed Sectional 34, how would you seed it?

Here is what we know

LaVille 4-0

Pioneer 6-1

Bremen 5-2

Delphi 5-2

Wabash 4-3

Lewis Cass 2-5

Manchester 2-5

Rochester 0-5

Is it based on sagarin ratings, records, strength of schedule? What say you?

Can't discuss what we don't know . . . i.e. LaVille and Pioneer did not play, LaVille and Bremen did not play, etc.

Let's discuss what we know to this point.

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

Pioneer will win this running away.i don't see a team coming within 2 tds. 

You probably right, but crazy things happen. Was it 2011 when Andrean was stacked, and they ran into a Wheeler team that took advantage of a handful of turnovers and pulled off the upset. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MarshallCounty said:

Bremen has injuries but are getting healthy. Would love to see a certain skill player get back before sectionals.

If it is who I believe you are talking about, don't count on it.  Maybe ever again in a football uniform.  Word is he won't even be on the sidelines any longer, his choice.  We will see what Friday brings in regards to this.

4 hours ago, TheStatGuy said:

Pioneer will win this running away.i don't see a team coming within 2 tds. 

How does the success factor come into play with regards to Pioneer and reclassification this off season?  Or will they stay 2A based on enrollment?  Thinking if they would win regionals they would accumulate enough points to stay 2A.  Is that correct?

1 minute ago, LionKing said:

How does the success factor come into play with regards to Pioneer and reclassification this off season?  Or will they stay 2A based on enrollment?  Thinking if they would win regionals they would accumulate enough points to stay 2A.  Is that correct?

If Pioneer wins regional they will remain in 2A. If they lose at regional or prior to that they will bump back to 1A. They are middle of the pack for 1A enrollment. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FarmerFran said:

If Pioneer wins regional they will remain in 2A. If they lose at regional or prior to that they will bump back to 1A. They are middle of the pack for 1A enrollment. 

Thanks for the confirmation on that.  They have a strong program for a 1A school.  Sure wouldn't be upset to see them leave 2A. 🙂  2A North is loaded enough!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MarshallCounty said:

You probably right, but crazy things happen. Was it 2011 when Andrean was stacked, and they ran into a Wheeler team that took advantage of a handful of turnovers and pulled off the upset. 

That Wheeler team went on to win sectionals that year I believe, beat us 14-7, your Lions took care of them the following week, I faintly remember maybe going to the game, but leaving early.  Im very old now in football years, so some things just run together.  

Exciting sectional, Pioneer is the class as they should but it will be a far better field they must get through then what they have typically had in the years in 1a (minus the 4  year latest Kiser era). 

Will be a lot of other competitive games outside of Pioneer as well.