Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Ethnic Cleansing of The GID

Guest DT

Did you ever go to a party, or an event, or a meeting of some type with a spouse or a friend or an associate, get there, and then look at your friend and say, "what are we doing here, we dont belong here."  "We have no friends here."

Im starting to get that feeling about my association with The GID.

The PP supporters have left the site.  The elimination of the OOB forum cleansed a lot of the riff raff from this place.  Now, intolerance and extreme myopia have compromised the ability to have a good discussion.  

Ive always leaned towards more controversial topics , bacause frankly, they are much more interesting than reading about what is going on in the Sagamore Conference.  

At some point however, people who are uber resistant to change or lack the ability to embrace new concepts have heard enough.  

I think we have reached that point here 

Im not a revolutionary, or a change agent, or a football hater.  I simply have watched the game evolve over the years, and see common sense solutions designed to maintain a fair level of play for all schools involved.  Ive also watched football take a nose dive relative to its place in our overall culture while its most ardent supporters remain devoted to supporting and maintaining the status quo.

Im not after anybodys program.  I just think that we have too many of them still in operation who are not performing, just like we have too many restaurants, convenience stores, tattoo shops, and shopping malls.  

Have you heard enough?  I think you probably have.

I love all high school football.  From "good", "bad", to "everything in between".  I have been a part of HS football for the better part of the past 28 years as a player, coach, and official.  My goal is to do so, until I can not walk anymore.  As so many great folks sacrificed for me to have opportunities, I owe that to future generations in return.

I fully support the free choice of local districts to offer what they want to offer to their communities.

Have a great day all.

***To those that may question, I am on lunch right now.  🙂

Edited by DE
clarification

38 minutes ago, DT said:

Did you ever go to a party, or an event, or a meeting of some type with a spouse or a friend or an associate, get there, and then look at your friend and say, "what are we doing here, we dont belong here."  "We have no friends here."

The PP supporters have left the site.  The elimination of the OOB forum cleansed a lot of the riff raff from this place.  Now, intolerance and extreme myopia have compromised the ability to have a good discussion.  

Ive always leaned towards more controversial topics , bacause frankly, they are much more interesting than reading about what is going on in the Sagamore Conference.  

At some point however, people who are uber resistant to change or lack the ability to embrace new concepts have heard enough.  

Im not a revolutionary, or a change agent, or a football hater.  I simply have watched the game evolve over the years, and see common sense solutions designed to maintain a fair level of play for all schools involved.  Ive also watched football take a nose dive relative to its place in our overall culture while its most ardent supporters remain devoted to supporting and maintaining the status quo.

Im not after anybodys program.  I just think that we have too many of them still in operation who are not performing, just like we have too many restaurants, convenience stores, tattoo shops, and shopping malls.  

I think there are more than a few P/P supports left.  That said, the same old arguments year after year got old and only takes a page or two to burn out now days when it comes back up.  Perhaps everything that can be said regarding contraction has been said as well, I'm not sure.

I think the GID has played a large part this season it helping to coordinate Covid Replacement games....that is a huge value add in my eyes.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, DT said:

Can you help me cleanse the fecal stains in my undies?

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Disdain 2

Yep, there's a few of us p/p folks around.  But DT, I think it is the COVID-19.  Fewer people can attend games.  Fewer people are invested week to week.  Fewer people connected.  Fewer people discussing things online.  Down here in SW IN, add to the COVID issue that we've also lost some good post-season rivalries due to success factor (Gibson Southern & Memorial, Southridge & Mater Dei) and it makes things exciting.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Whiting89 said:

Yeah not a very region friendly forum. Just like real life rest of Indiana doesn’t want to claim us and we aren’t good enough to be part of Chicago metro area.

I tend to agree.  This forum has a definite central Indiana/Marion county and surrounding doughnut counties bias.    But again, that is where the most concentrated population centers and most of the wealth are.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DT said:

Shopping malls exit for the consumer while HS football exists for the participants.  Granted some of the play is not good.  But the players are afforded the opportunity to play which, in my opinion, is what is most important.

• Like 4

I'm starting to wonder if there is a much deeper agenda by someone who wants to destroy the American public's love for sports in general. Maybe they realize that one of the keys to our strengths as a nation comes from our sporting backgrounds. One of the best ways to weaken a nation as a whole would be to destroy that physical toughness, mental toughness and teamwork structure. It sure seems as if many are turning away from sports in general for various reasons other than the hardcore base. If that is the case, it's working.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, South Paw said:

I'm starting to wonder if there is a much deeper agenda by someone who wants to destroy the American public's love for sports in general. Maybe they realize that one of the keys to our strengths as a nation comes from our sporting backgrounds. One of the best ways to weaken a nation as a whole would be to destroy that physical toughness, mental toughness and teamwork structure. It sure seems as if many are turning away from sports in general for various reasons other than the hardcore base. If that is the case, it's working.

Interesting theory.  Who is this "someone" exactly?

Indy-centric?  Puh-lease.  Sure, as a population center, there are a lot of teams, fans, etc. in the 317, we’ve got fun-loving pinheads like me all over the state!

Down south, we have itiswhatitis, kingtut and a lot of posters from Linton who know a hell of a lot about football and are very enthusiastic.  I’ve also seen Vincennes, Gibson Southern, schools in the Hoosier Hills Conference repped, as well as other schools such as West Washington.

The Fort Wayne and South Bend areas also have lots of posters which vid good because those are two areas of the state I don’t get too much.

The East Central area of the state has been kind of quiet, but I feel that area needs to kick it into a higher gear.  Then again, football is just an extra/curricular activity, so maybe they’re just getting some conditioning in for basketball season.

Lastly, my stomping grounds—anywhere from the Beef House to Lake Michigan and US 41 to Logansport.  Lots of football in the Region, it’s normally pretty good, but if you’re looking for style points, you’re taking this thing way too seriously.  Moving south, you’ll find Coach Nowlin in Jasper County, some HNAC posters a bit to the East, Foxbat in Lafayette, and good ol’ Donnie Baker on the Vermillion River.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Gipper said:

Indy-centric?  Puh-lease.  Sure, as a population center, there are a lot of teams, fans, etc. in the 317, we’ve got fun-loving pinheads like me all over the state!

Down south, we have itiswhatitis, kingtut and a lot of posters from Linton who know a hell of a lot about football and are very enthusiastic.  I’ve also seen Vincennes, Gibson Southern, schools in the Hoosier Hills Conference repped, as well as other schools such as West Washington.

The Fort Wayne and South Bend areas also have lots of posters which vid good because those are two areas of the state I don’t get too much.

The East Central area of the state has been kind of quiet, but I feel that area needs to kick it into a higher gear.  Then again, football is just an extra/curricular activity, so maybe they’re just getting some conditioning in for basketball season.

Lastly, my stomping grounds—anywhere from the Beef House to Lake Michigan and US 41 to Logansport.  Lots of football in the Region, it’s normally pretty good, but if you’re looking for style points, you’re taking this thing way too seriously.  Moving south, you’ll find Coach Nowlin in Jasper County, some HNAC posters a bit to the East, Foxbat in Lafayette, and good ol’ Donnie Baker on the Vermillion River.

Great post Gippers I swear to God it is!

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Interesting theory.  Who is this "someone" exactly?

Great gotcha question. Idk. Maybe you could find out. Maybe it's just "progress" in our society, and we're doing it to ourselves. Who would benefit from the decline or weakening of America? Just some observations over the past 40+ years that separately seem purely unrelated or coincidental, but as a whole would have a very detrimental impact on our society unless those attributes are replaced somehow. How many people have turned away from the major sports recently? NBA Finals have seen a roughly 50% decline in viewing. NFL viewing numbers are down over the past couple of seasons. MLB viewing numbers were down. What is that going to do to the already declining participation at the youth levels in the future? Kids in general are more sedentary than they're ever been. Cell phone apps and video games rule. Perhaps it's all just unrelated and coincidental...

Just now, South Paw said:

Great gotcha question. Idk. Maybe you could find out. Maybe it's just "progress" in our society, and we're doing it to ourselves. Who would benefit from the decline or weakening of America? Just some observations over the past 40+ years that separately seem purely unrelated or coincidental, but as a whole would have a very detrimental impact on our society unless those attributes are replaced somehow. How many people have turned away from the major sports recently? NBA Finals have seen a roughly 50% decline in viewing. NFL viewing numbers are down over the past couple of seasons. MLB viewing numbers were down. What is that going to do to the already declining participation at the youth levels in the future? Kids in general are more sedentary than they're ever been. Cell phone apps and video games rule. Perhaps it's all just unrelated and coincidental...

Too many other forms of entertainment vying for consumers time and treasure.  

And please explain how reduced viewership and/or participation in organized athletics is weakening America?  

6 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Too many other forms of entertainment vying for consumers time and treasure.  

And please explain how reduced viewership and/or participation in organized athletics is weakening America?  

So let me ask you this. Do you see organized sports as an arbitrary sideshow devoid of positive benefits in the development of our youth? I would definitely argue the contrary. Of course that depends on quality of coaches as well. Sports, and my coaches, definitely instilled in me qualities like courage, humility, work ethic, team work, sacrifice, how to respond to pressure or adversity, how to compete, determination, perseverance, mental toughness, physical toughness, and sportsmanship just to name a few. Now there are other potential avenues to gain these things, but in my own experience, I found sports to be a leading contributor. A coach can instill these values in a young person that may not have another support structure. If you have strong parents and athletics, you are almost sure to get these experiences. A kid without strong parents and athletics may never experience or learn these things. Of course the wrong coach or parents combined with athletics can teach the wrong things as well, but by and large, athletics teaches positive characteristics that will benefit most later in life. The more people that develop these qualities as a whole, the stronger our communities and country become as a whole. The fewer, the weaker.

If fewer adults or future parents are interested in viewing a sport the more likely their children are not going to participate at young ages and possibly not ever knowing they will not have the support of their parents.

4 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

I know what it means. And yes I know he wasn’t actually comparing genocide to the disappearance of a once very populated forum. But it’s in poor taste.

Very poor taste indeed.

#cantweallgetalong?

1 hour ago, Obi-Wan said:

You know who that "someone" is.... its "Them"!!!! "They" want to destroy America with making our athletes soft. 

Is it the girls basketball team?!?