Head Coach Opening 2019 Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
WWGibby

S. Ind. Players playing in college next fall?

Was just wondering if any area guys are going to be playing college ball next fall.....no matter what level....was wondering about the SIAC, HHC, PAC, PLAC, Mid Southern, or other S. Ind. guys......would like a list(again...any level)....like to try and keep up with their post prep careers...THANX

HHC:

Columbus East's Alex Cowan, Evan Kuhn, & Brock Patterson playing at St. Francis next year. East's J.T. Voelker playing at Marian next year.  More info to come...

• Upvote 1

Trinity Lutheran

Jacob Harless signed with U Indy last week.

John Rollins, invite to walk on at U Indy, deciding between there or Franklin College.

Jacob Stout, to Hanover college.

Wade Fisher - Gibson Southern High School - Purdue (verbal)

Edited by Titan32

Wade Fisher - Gibson Southern High School - Purdue (verbal)

Interesting...what position is Wade?

Interesting...what position is Wade?

OL

Is Wade going to walk-on at Purdue?

Is Wade going to walk-on at Purdue?

I could be wrong....my understanding is that he was contacted and interviewed by the coaching staff and made a verbal commitment.  I "think" his status would be preferred walk on...but again maybe someone closer to the situation will comment. 

Edited by Titan32

That sounds like a preferred walk on status to me.   No money, need of practice body, hopefully shines bright enough to earn a future scholly.  Best of luck to the young man and his opportunity. 

http://www.criticalbench.com/sportstraining.htm

With some progression i think it would be feasible for him to earn some playing time.....This site gives a general basis to what the lifting numbers should be for a D-1 player......Last time I checked, he was squatting 600 and benching 325....so with some work on fundamentals, speed, and some strength it is not at all a long shot.....anybody know if #32 or #72 from Gibson Southern is pursuing college ball?

Tell City's Jimmy Phillips (WR, LB) will attend and play for Franklin College.

Edited by Tell City 45

Nice to see all these guys playing at the next level. Hate to see good football players hang it up after high school. A few years ago we had a play lead the nation in rushing for most of the season. We got beat in the sectional final and he never played another snap. Plenty of schools interested but unfortunately his grades were a little sketchy.

99% sure that Dacota Schadd from Perry Central signed with Thomas More College.  WR I assume

99% sure that Dacota Schadd from Perry Central signed with Thomas More College.  WR I assume

I thought he would go to a bigger school, kid is a hell of an athlete and competitor! 

I thought he would go to a bigger school, kid is a hell of an athlete and competitor! 

My guess is he's prolly gonna get a chance at playing time sooner than a bigger school.  but that's just an assumption

Tell City's Jimmy Phillips (WR, LB) will attend and play for Franklin College.

You heard of any schools looking at Elliot Brown? I'm sure there are, just haven't heard.   

Probably right.  I coached Brown and Phillips the last 2 summers, both are awesome kids and slightly disturbed!  In a good kind of way....lol

Not yet, he went to a combine back in February in Indy, and is going to the Colts Prep Combine next month.