Avon 0-  1 3-  4 3-  4
Pike 0-  1 2-  4 3-  4

SECTIONAL 7
  Sect Class Overall
North Central (Indianapolis) 3-  0 5-  2 5-  2
Lawrence North 2-  1 4-  2 5-  2
Warren Central 1-  2 2-  4 2-  4
Lawrence Central 0-  3 0-  7 0-  7

In 6A, these are the two most intriguing sectionals to me.

Sectional 5, it seems like really any of these 4 teams have a shot at winning it. We all thought the winner of Avon Bburg last year would win the sectional, but Zionsville pulled off one of the biggest tournament upsets in recent years and won the sectional.

Sectional 7, I really think it's a 3-man race between NC, LN, and WC. Even with all the good vibes around the LN program, they still lost to NC 28-21 this season and have a questionable defense. Warren is Warren until proven otherwise, even with a 2-4 record. 

2a: 35 intriguing with Eastside having a great year,  Luers going through a incredible schedule sitting there as well, but a Fairfield team who has found itself again and don't forget about Bluffton

SECTIONAL 35
  Sect Class Overall
Whitko 1-  0 3-  0 4-  3
Bluffton 1-  0 2-  0 6-  1
Fairfield 1-  0 1-  0 6-  0
Eastside 1-  0 1-  0 6-  1
Central Noble 1-  1 1-  1 4-  3
Fort Wayne Luers 0-  0 0-  0 2-  5
Woodlan 0-  1 0-  1 1-  6
Prairie Heights 0-  3 0-  4 0-  

2a:  36  Top loaded with Eastbrook and Tipton, but Eastern sitting there as well.   Eastern moved into different conference a few years ago, has won a lot of games since, 

Eastern from 2010 til 2019 was 1 and done in sectionals, last year was the first year they made it Sectional final game since 2001, where they also lost handily to Eastbrook.   Will this be the year the Comets surpirse the sectional?   Watching some tape of Tipton while preparing for other Hoosier Conference teams, they have some real nice athletes at skill spots and lineman are no slouch.  Playermakers at WR and QB, their backup sophomore RB has filled in nicely it seems.   Fun Sectional it will be.  

SECTIONAL 36
  Sect Class Overall
Eastbrook 3-  0 3-  0 6-  1
Eastern (Greentown) 1-  0 2-  0 7-  0
Tipton 1-  0 2-  1 5-  1
Lapel 1-  0 2-  1 5-  2
Blackford 3-  2 3-  2 3-  3
Alexandria 1-  2 1-  4 2-  5
Frankton 1-  3 1-  3 1-  6
Elwood 0-  4 0-  4 1-  5

1 hour ago, Indiana Fan said:

Happy Sectional Draw Day! 6PM. Post the best matchups and lets get the tournament thread going! I cannot believe we have even made it this far. The best time of the year is just around the corner!

So @Coach Nowlin we just going to let him say 6PM and not say it's 5PM for us?  #CentralTeamsPlayToo 😀

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2A Sectional 40 should be a good one as well. Looks a little mediocre on paper, but don't let it fool you. Tell City and Mater Dei (3-4) will be the favorites, but there are 3 or 4 other teams that can play spoilers if you don't come ready to go. Tell City looks to be for real and MD has a 3-4 record, but that includes a 3 point loss to 5A #8 , a win over 5A #10, and losses to 4A #2 and 4A #9.  Only other defeat was a 13-10 loss to an underrated 4A Ev. Memorial team. The draw will be interesting.

SECTIONAL 40
  Sect Class Overall
Tell City 2-  0 2-  0 6-  1
North Knox 1-  0 1-  1 3-  2
Forest Park 1-  1 1-  1 5-  2
North Posey 1-  1 1-  1 3-  3
Evansville Mater Dei 0-  0 0-  0 3-  4
Crawford County 0-  0 0-  1 0-  3
Linton-Stockton 0-  1 1-  1 4-  3
South Spencer 0-  2 0-  2 1-  6

Just now, Coach Nowlin said:

They are afraid what is fair and right, that is God's Time, known as Central TIme zone:   One day they will get back on our train. 

Agree...GOD's time indeed.  It's too bad time zones aren't actually based geographically...that would be a novel approach.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Coach Nowlin said:

They are afraid what is fair and right, that is God's Time, known as Central TIme zone:   One day they will get back on our train. 

I’ve said it before, time zones should be based on Meridians of Longitude as opposed to Gerrymandering...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sectional 19 is a pretty interesting one. Leo and Northridge seem to be the teams to beat. Curious how the draw ends up in this sectional for sure. East Noble will also be a threat with the return of their best player last week you could see a monumental difference.

SECTIONAL 19
  Sect Class Overall
Northridge 2-  0 4-  0 5-  1
Angola 1-  0 2-  0 4-  1
Leo 1-  0 3-  1 6-  1
East Noble 2-  1 4-  1 4-  3
Columbia City 1-  1 3-  1 6-  1
NorthWood 1-  2 1-  2 2-  3
Wawasee 0-  2 0-  3 2-  5
DeKalb 0-  2 0-  3 0-  4

Sectional 3 is another great sectional in the northeastern part of the state. Homestead and Carroll had a shootout with Homestead pulling away in the 4th. Not sure how Bart Ball is going to fair against any of the teams in this sectional.

SECTIONAL 3
  Sect Class Overall
Homestead 2-  0 2-  0 6-  1
Carroll (Fort Wayne) 1-  1 1-  1 5-  2
Warsaw 0-  0 0-  0 6-  1
Fort Wayne Snider 0-  2 0-  2 4-  3
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Agree...GOD's time indeed.  It's too bad time zones aren't actually based geographically...that would be a novel approach.

Thinking back to GEOG 101—I think it should be 75 W which runs through Ohio.

I dove right by your school on Saturday.

Southpaw did a nice job breaking down 40.  I'm sure there are others who know more about 30 & 32 and can talk about those matchups.  But I'm intrigued by the other SIAC sectionals 15 & 24. 

SECTIONAL 15
  Sect Class Overall
Evansville North 1-  0 1-  0 5-  2
Bloomington South 1-  0 3-  1 4-  3
Bloomington North 0-  1 3-  1 3-  3
Castle 0-  1 0-  1 5-  1

I'm still not used to the #15 instead of #16 number for Ev North and Castle.  Years of being matched up with the Terre Hautes or east to New Albany/Jeffersonville/Floyd Central have been paused the last 2 years as this has become the I-69 sectional. Former regional foes are now battling in the same sectional.  The week 1 matchup between Castle and North (14-7 final score) seems like months ago now. I'm curious if they get a rematch week 2 after their bye weeks or if bus on I-69 time. 

SECTIONAL 24
  Sect Class Overall
Evansville Central 4-  0 4-  0 7-  0
Jasper 3-  1 3-  1 5-  2
Evansville Memorial 2-  2 2-  2 4-  3
Evansville Reitz 1-  3 1-  3 2-  5
Northview 0-  0 0-  0 5-  2
Boonville 0-  0 0-  0 4-  2
Evansville Harrison 0-  4 0-  4 0-  7

Just like last year, the BYE looms large as one of 7 teams gets a week off. A lot of potential rematches are possible.  We no longer have to speculate how Jasper matches up with Reitz and Central as in previous years either.  Same with Memorial as they are now playing 4A.  Northview is quietly having a good season outside the view of most SW Indiana fans.  Central and Jasper are the two favorites.  Who gets to host the potential matchup and will it be the first round like Reitz/Central always seemed to be?  

31 minutes ago, Prospect said:

Sectional 19 is a pretty interesting one. Leo and Northridge seem to be the teams to beat. Curious how the draw ends up in this sectional for sure. East Noble will also be a threat with the return of their best player last week you could see a monumental difference.

SECTIONAL 19
  Sect Class Overall
Northridge 2-  0 4-  0 5-  1
Angola 1-  0 2-  0 4-  1
Leo 1-  0 3-  1 6-  1
East Noble 2-  1 4-  1 4-  3
Columbia City 1-  1 3-  1 6-  1
NorthWood 1-  2 1-  2 2-  3
Wawasee 0-  2 0-  3 2-  5
DeKalb 0-  2 0-  3 0-  4

Sectional 3 is another great sectional in the northeastern part of the state. Homestead and Carroll had a shootout with Homestead pulling away in the 4th. Not sure how Bart Ball is going to fair against any of the teams in this sectional.

SECTIONAL 3
  Sect Class Overall
Homestead 2-  0 2-  0 6-  1
Carroll (Fort Wayne) 1-  1 1-  1 5-  2
Warsaw 0-  0 0-  0 6-  1
Fort Wayne Snider 0-  2 0-  2 4-  3

I don’t see anyone hanging with Leo.   CC Leo tonight.

2 hours ago, MICFan34 said:
SECTIONAL 5
  Sect Class Overall
Brownsburg 1-  0 4-  1 6-  1
Carmel 1-  0 4-  1 5-  2
Avon 0-  1 3-  4 3-  4
Pike 0-  1 2-  4 3-  4

SECTIONAL 7
  Sect Class Overall
North Central (Indianapolis) 3-  0 5-  2 5-  2
Lawrence North 2-  1 4-  2 5-  2
Warren Central 1-  2 2-  4 2-  4
Lawrence Central 0-  3 0-  7 0-  7

In 6A, these are the two most intriguing sectionals to me.

Sectional 5, it seems like really any of these 4 teams have a shot at winning it. We all thought the winner of Avon Bburg last year would win the sectional, but Zionsville pulled off one of the biggest tournament upsets in recent years and won the sectional.

Sectional 7, I really think it's a 3-man race between NC, LN, and WC. Even with all the good vibes around the LN program, they still lost to NC 28-21 this season and have a questionable defense. Warren is Warren until proven otherwise, even with a 2-4 record. 

I like Carmel to beat Brownsburg and come out of that sectional. And for some crazy reason I am going to take Warren Central to win sectional 7

1 hour ago, South Paw said:

2A Sectional 40 should be a good one as well. Looks a little mediocre on paper, but don't let it fool you. Tell City and Mater Dei (3-4) will be the favorites, but there are 3 or 4 other teams that can play spoilers if you don't come ready to go. Tell City looks to be for real and MD has a 3-4 record, but that includes a 3 point loss to 5A #8 , a win over 5A #10, and losses to 4A #2 and 4A #9.  Only other defeat was a 13-10 loss to an underrated 4A Ev. Memorial team. The draw will be interesting.

SECTIONAL 40
  Sect Class Overall
Tell City 2-  0 2-  0 6-  1
North Knox 1-  0 1-  1 3-  2
Forest Park 1-  1 1-  1 5-  2
North Posey 1-  1 1-  1 3-  3
Evansville Mater Dei 0-  0 0-  0 3-  4
Crawford County 0-  0 0-  1 0-  3
Linton-Stockton 0-  1 1-  1 4-  3
South Spencer 0-  2 0-  2 1-  6

If years past are indicators of what to expect.... North Posey will either draw Mater Dei or travel to Linton. At least the last four years 😉 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Purdue Pete said:

Positive covid case next week and season is over.  Time to get ur 2 deep chart out, slim the rooster / modify practice plan to mitigate.

Sure for teams who can platton and have legit 2 deep 

Roster sizes of 70-100 you can do this.  

Roster of 45 of which, let's say 14-16 Varsity caliber rotators.   How would that look/work?   Trust me, I know, its going to be very nerve rackling weeks 10-15 for EVERYONE across the state playing football 

image.png.b735772bbc54365bbcc478ab9bb6c0bf.png

image.thumb.png.f7a2f151bd6af1034b61464ccc47d378.png

Massey still shows the old conference structure:

image.thumb.png.a31609506fbd6725d190a59a0121fa28.png

image.png.09f051a82abb223af398b6c28c3ecd28.png

Sectional 32 won't disappoint again this season.  Southridge is the clear favorite anywhere from 4 to 11 points over Gibson Southern depending on the statistical tool of your choice.  GS tends to look a lot different in post season than in the regular season version.

Edited by Titan32

1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Yep, Indiana is not in the Eastern Time Zone and we will return to the Central Time Zone someday, probably sometime after I'm dead and gone.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Meh, with no seeding we'll probably see a first round Western vs. Roncalli matchup.   Who does 

54 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Meh, with no seeding we'll probably see a first round Western vs. Roncalli matchup.   Who does that benefit?

Seeding?  Give me a break...

1 hour ago, Indiana Fan said:

I like Carmel to beat Brownsburg and come out of that sectional. And for some crazy reason I am going to take Warren Central to win sectional 7

I'm with you on that one...but don't sleep on Pike or Avon. Pike took Carmel to 2 OTs just a few weeks ago and Avon is capable of putting up lots of points with Hesson and his trio of WRs. 

I'm also going to pick Warren, especially if they're able to play LC and then the winner of NC vs LN. 

2 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

They are afraid what is fair and right, that is God's Time, known as Central Time zone:   One day they will get back on our train. 

It is an abomination to man that Indiana is on Eastern Time.  Anytime the school start time debate happens, I find it interesting that people suggest starting school at 9am is the only answer to "kids shouldn't be waiting for the bus in the dark" issue. 

Ummm...what do you expect when your state is on the same time as the Atlantic Seaboard.....maybe putting the state on a time that makes astronomical sense would be the "A" answer.  (Bias alert:  I also would like MNF, to start at 8pm)

Running joke between my region/Chicago buddies whenever they come visit...."Hey, hope that 30 minute drive went well...Welcome to the East Coast!"

• Like 3