Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional Draw!!!

5 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

Southpaw did a nice job breaking down 40.  I'm sure there are others who know more about 30 & 32 and can talk about those matchups.  But I'm intrigued by the other SIAC sectionals 15 & 24. 

SECTIONAL 15
  Sect Class Overall
Evansville North 1-  0 1-  0 5-  2
Bloomington South 1-  0 3-  1 4-  3
Bloomington North 0-  1 3-  1 3-  3
Castle 0-  1 0-  1 5-  1

I'm still not used to the #15 instead of #16 number for Ev North and Castle.  Years of being matched up with the Terre Hautes or east to New Albany/Jeffersonville/Floyd Central have been paused the last 2 years as this has become the I-69 sectional. Former regional foes are now battling in the same sectional.  The week 1 matchup between Castle and North (14-7 final score) seems like months ago now. I'm curious if they get a rematch week 2 after their bye weeks or if bus on I-69 time. 

SECTIONAL 24
  Sect Class Overall
Evansville Central 4-  0 4-  0 7-  0
Jasper 3-  1 3-  1 5-  2
Evansville Memorial 2-  2 2-  2 4-  3
Evansville Reitz 1-  3 1-  3 2-  5
Northview 0-  0 0-  0 5-  2
Boonville 0-  0 0-  0 4-  2
Evansville Harrison 0-  4 0-  4 0-  7

Just like last year, the BYE looms large as one of 7 teams gets a week off. A lot of potential rematches are possible.  We no longer have to speculate how Jasper matches up with Reitz and Central as in previous years either.  Same with Memorial as they are now playing 4A.  Northview is quietly having a good season outside the view of most SW Indiana fans.  Central and Jasper are the two favorites.  Who gets to host the potential matchup and will it be the first round like Reitz/Central always seemed to be?  

It should be Castle's sectional. North seems to have lost something the past couple of weeks. Maybe they will rebound in time for sectionals. It's also hard to get a read on the Bloomington teams this year without seeing them play.

Sectional 24 is a dandy! Can't wait to see the draw on this one.

9 minutes ago, itiswhatitis said:

I was watching this stupid show.  They did 1A North, 1A South, then 2A North but NO 2A South!  They jumped to 3A North   How dumb.  I guess there is no 2A South tournament then.

They figured out they skipped it and went back to 2A South right now

Linton will be at Tell City

7 hours ago, Titan32 said:

image.png.b735772bbc54365bbcc478ab9bb6c0bf.png

image.thumb.png.f7a2f151bd6af1034b61464ccc47d378.png

Massey still shows the old conference structure:

image.thumb.png.a31609506fbd6725d190a59a0121fa28.png

image.png.09f051a82abb223af398b6c28c3ecd28.png

Sectional 32 won't disappoint again this season.  Southridge is the clear favorite anywhere from 4 to 11 points over Gibson Southern depending on the statistical tool of your choice.  GS tends to look a lot different in post season than in the regular season version.

97D11E1C-15E7-48ED-9F7E-FBEE12C50853.png

24 minutes ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

Gotta love the good ole' blind draw, ey?  32, I think I called this type of draw a few weeks ago, didn't I?  

You did.  Yeah...the old blind draw.  I'm sure they were concerned about travel with COVID...yeah that's it! 

• Haha 1