Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Illinois HS transfer deemed ineligible by IHSAA

As an Illinois resident now, I know it was talked about quite a bit. My son, who is now a freshman, and I joked about me sending him to leave with his grandma in Fishers to play football this fall.  

I would think if someone really wanted to make the move for 6 months, there isn't much IHSAA could do about it, assuming it was a full move. People get new jobs all the time. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CaptainHook said:

just saw it on twitter . . . notified this week of ineligibility . . . I wonder if this has happened to all IL kids trying to play football their senior season?  Or just an isolated case?

Can you post the Twitter link to fill the rest of us in about who this thread is about? 

6 hours ago, CaptainHook said:

just saw it on twitter . . . notified this week of ineligibility . . . I wonder if this has happened to all IL kids trying to play football their senior season?  Or just an isolated case?

I know of at least one IL kid that is playing varsity football in Indiana.

33 minutes ago, CaptainHook said:

Wasn’t sure that was allowed here.  It’s hard to know the rules without them being posted.

He’s not an Illinois kid. Born and raised in Indiana, played last year 1 season in Chicago. 
Committed to Syracuse. 

• Like 1

Just now, gonzoron said:

He’s not an Illinois kid. Born and raised in Indiana, played last year 1 season in Chicago. 
Committed to Syracuse. 

I understand the situation. But the fact of the matter is he moved back here to play his senior season because of what was going on in Illinois. He is not the only one.

6 hours ago, CaptainHook said:

Wasn’t sure that was allowed here.  It’s hard to know the rules without them being posted.

It's usually fine if already public knowledge and not malicious. 

Not all rules in life are posted because not all issues are black or white, illegal or legal. We learn through observation and experience what's acceptable in various contexts.

ETA: @Bobref could probably explain with more authority about societal rights and wrongs and the theory behind that topic.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CaptainHook said:

I understand the situation. But the fact of the matter is he moved back here to play his senior season because of what was going on in Illinois. He is not the only one.

We were told by a high school coach that your senior year transfer rules didn't apply and you could go to any school? Is that not the case?

FW Snider has a young man who transferred from Illinois for his senior year. I believe he was not able to play till week 3 or 4. However, this young man is absolutely a beast. Gave Dwenger fits all night 

Edited by Mebuck
Spelling

5 hours ago, crimsonace1 said:

No. There are no "senior year transfer rules." Eligibility rules are consistent from grades 9-12. 

So many people believe there is a such thing as "senior rights".  I wonder if it was at some point in time?  When I would tell my players and families there is no such thing they are sure I was wrong.