Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Game of the Year Tonight - Center Grove at Lawrence North

Guest DT

Best collection of high school talent you will see on one football field in a very long time

Tune in to Center Grove Football network for the live stream.

LNs high powered offense led by  IU bound Donaven McCulley against CGs impenetrable defense anchored by D1 recruits Austin Booker and Caden Curry.

https://www.centergrovefootball.com/

7 hours ago, DT said:

Best collection of high school talent you will see on one football field in a very long time

Tune in to Center Grove Football network for the live stream.

LNs high powered offense led by  IU bound Donaven McCulley against CGs impenetrable defense anchored by D1 recruits Austin Booker and Caden Curry.

https://www.centergrovefootball.com/

I would add the qualifiers of best game so far, and best game on paper. I would think that next week CG vs Cathedral will be an awesome game with an even larger assortment of talent than this one. No doubt LN is good and has some dudes, especially on offense, but that CG defense is an absolute monster to deal with. I would doubt this game is very close.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would have posted the "game of the year" is next week but a couple of others beat me to it!  Center Grove AND Cathedral are both ranked nationally and #1 and #2 in the Sagarin ratings.  No doubt this will be a big game and maybe game of the year for LN, but game of the year for the state of Indiana  is next week.

16 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Game of the year.....until next week right?

Lawrence North has some phenomenal individual talent, namely McCulley and Cooper, but this game will be competitive for a quarter. 

Next week is meaningless.  Both teams will back off the accelerator and preserve their athletes for the playoffs.  MiC title on the line tonight for CG.  That's more important than winning the Cathedral scrimmage

10 minutes ago, DT said:

Next week is meaningless.  Both teams will back off the accelerator and preserve their athletes for the playoffs.  MiC title on the line tonight for CG.  That's more important than winning the Cathedral scrimmage

L O L

Center Grove will have the MIC title locked up somewhere around the middle of the 2nd quarter and will be playing reserves most the 2nd half in anticipation for next weeks game. Center Grove will have a top 10 national finish on the line next week. Nothing "scrimmage" about next week. 

Edited by Footballking16

3 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

L O L

Center Grove will have the MIC title locked up somewhere around the middle of the 2nd quarter and will be playing reserves most the 2nd half in anticipation for next weeks game. Center Grove will have a top 10 national finish on the line next week. Nothing "scrimmage" about next week. 

This game reminds me of some of the old ND -USC games at the end of the regular season.  ND already had a nice bowl bid locked up and USC had already clinched the PAC 8 title.  The game was basically window dressing.   

8 minutes ago, DT said:

This game reminds me of some of the old ND -USC games at the end of the regular season.  ND already had a nice bowl bid locked up and USC had already clinched the PAC 8 title.  The game was basically window dressing.   

You must have missed the last 6 Cathedral-Center Grove games. Nothing window dressing about any of the prior meetings. 

4 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

You must have missed the last 6 Cathedral-Center Grove games. Nothing window dressing about any of the prior meetings. 

I'm surprised they've played six times.   Not very memorable.  I do recall some complaints about injuries and slippery sidelines

8 minutes ago, DT said:

I'm surprised they've played six times.   Not very memorable.  I do recall some complaints about injuries and slippery sidelines

Everyone is banged up in week 9, that's the nature of the sport. I will bet our posting privileges that there isn't a single starter on either team that sits this game (unless already previously injured) next week. 

This series has seen everything from shootouts to defensive slug fests to OT thrillers. Far from unmemorable.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Everyone is banged up in week 9, that's the nature of the sport. I will bet our posting privileges that there isn't a single starter on either team that sits this game (unless already previously injured) next week. 

This series has seen everything from shootouts to defensive slug fests to OT thrillers. Far from unmemorable.

CGs priorities are as follows :

1. State title

2. MIC title

3. National ranking

The Cathedral game has no bearing on the two primary goals.

Yes, everyone will play, but as I stated, Moore will back off the accelerator and give his starters some rest

The Warren game was moved out of week 9 for these very same injury concerns.  Roncalli.  cathedral.  Whiteland.  Deaf School.  Doesnt matter.  Intensity level will be ereduced.

8 minutes ago, DT said:

CGs priorities are as follows :

1. State title

2. MIC title

3. National ranking

The Cathedral game has no bearing on the two primary goals.

Yes, everyone will play, but as I stated, Moore will back off the accelerator and give his starters some rest

The Warren game was moved out of week 9 for these very same injury concerns.  Roncalli.  cathedral.  Whiteland.  Deaf School.  Doesnt matter.  Intensity level will be ereduced.

You've already cemented this Center Grove team as the best team in the history of Indiana. With 6A being as down as it is, Center Grove should be able to walk to a 6A title, injuries or not. The only way this Center Grove team goes down as one of the best of all-time is to finish with a high national ranking, and the only way that happens is if they beat Cathedral, who is also nationally ranked. 

Center Grove will have a MIC title secured by the time the Cathedral game kicks off, so that point is irrelevant and Center Grove can still win a state title even if they lose to Cathedral. The only way this Center Grove team goes down as one of the best teams in the "History of Indiana" (as you have proclaimed) is by beating Cathedral. There isn't a chance in hell either coach steps off the accelerator in this game for that reason. Winner of this game goes down as the best team in the state of Indiana this year as both teams are winning their respective class titles this year. 

1 minute ago, Footballking16 said:

You've already cemented this Center Grove team as the best team in the history of Indiana. With 6A being as down as it is, Center Grove should be able to walk to a 6A title, injuries or not. The only way this Center Grove team goes down as one of the best of all-time is to finish with a high national ranking, and the only way that happens is if they beat Cathedral, who is also nationally ranked. 

Center Grove will have a MIC title secured by the time the Cathedral game kicks off, so that point is irrelevant and Center Grove can still win a state title even if they lose to Cathedral. The only way this Center Grove team goes down as one of the best teams in the "History of Indiana" (as you have proclaimed) is by beating Cathedral. There isn't a chance in hell either coach steps off the accelerator in this game for that reason. Winner of this game goes down as the best team in the state of Indiana this year as both teams are winning their respective class titles this year. 

I hope youre right. Ill be watching and id like to see a competitive game.  

BTW - LN has more highly recruited athletes than does Cathedral based on attached rankings.  The entertainment value of tonights game should be quite good.  https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Football/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=highschool

8 minutes ago, DT said:

I hope youre right. Ill be watching and id like to see a competitive game.  

BTW - LN has more highly recruited athletes than does Cathedral based on attached rankings.  The entertainment value of tonights game should be quite good.  https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Football/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=highschool

Who cares? Cathedral is an exponentially better football team than Lawrence North this year. And you saw first hand last week that # of D1 athletes (Merrillville) doesn't mean much. Cathedral starts more juniors than seniors and by the time it's all said and done you'll see a Cathedral team next Friday that sends 5-6 kids D1 by the time they graduate.  

8 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Who cares? Cathedral is an exponentially better football team than Lawrence North this year. And you saw first hand last week that # of D1 athletes (Merrillville) doesn't mean much. Cathedral starts more juniors than seniors and by the time it's all said and done you'll see a Cathedral team next Friday that sends 5-6 kids D1 by the time they graduate.  

I care.  I like to watch highly recruited players in live game action.  Thats why Ill drop the 10 bucks tonight to watch CG-LN.  

CG-Cathedral would be a much better matchup in Week 1 or 2.  Maybe they can get that right.  

15 minutes ago, DT said:

I care.  I like to watch highly recruited players in live game action.  Thats why Ill drop the 10 bucks tonight to watch CG-LN.  

CG-Cathedral would be a much better matchup in Week 1 or 2.  Maybe they can get that right.  

It's a good showcase no doubt, but Center Grove will score every time they have the ball until their starters come out. LN doesn't have the line depth on either side of the ball to contain, let alone stop Center Grove. This will be a 42/35-7 type game at half with a running clock that shortly follows. 

1 hour ago, DT said:

Yawn. DT is definitely a middle child. How much antagonism do you need for your mental health, bro? 

Two trap games tonight w a talented LN offense and a Catholic rival in Brebeuf. Both games should be running clocks, but either could sneak up. 

Both programs are going guns blazing next week for Indiana royalty. Should be another ESPN Game of the Week between two Top 30 National Programs. I can only speak for Cathedral, but we are searching for a VERY elusive undefeated season with our scheduling. 

• Like 1

With 5a and 6a having the week of the 23rd off in the tournament, I would bet 1 Gazzillion dollars that neither Center Grove nor Cathedral will be letting off the gas next week.   If you want to call this a trap game for CG, then I could buy that, but Coach Moore and his staff will not allow that to happen. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

With 5a and 6a having the week of the 23rd off in the tournament, I would bet 1 Gazzillion dollars that neither Center Grove nor Cathedral will be letting off the gas next week.   If you want to call this a trap game for CG, then I could buy that, but Coach Moore and his staff will not allow that to happen. 

He is saying LN is the trap game, not Cath

Perhaps with BD and WC both down,  CG sees no need to schedule a cupcake in Week 9    That was thinking after CG and WC beat each other up in week 9 and both exited in the first round several years ago.  

6 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Million dollar man laugh gif

14 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

we posted at same time:   

I was calling LN the trap game for CG: 

Not a chance Cathedral let's thier game tonight come anywhere near competitive after the last 3 weeks they have had. 

LN is going to have to hit a couple home runs early or else this will get ugly. CG will assert their will on the ground. 

• Like 1

Cg secondary has not been tested this year. The will see a pro style passing offense with elite talent and speed. If McCulley gets some protection he could light it up

Cg secondary has speed but not LN wideout type speed.  

Why you all not sticking with the narrative and spoiling DT's thread? You know it's all about what's on paper and who has the most offers.  Talent on the field is irrelevant. I l look forward to an exciting matchup on the NE side of Indy that should be a close game (until around 7:20 pm).