Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

DAC VS. MIC: Michigan City @ Warren Central

2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Just heard Paul Condry say that Michigan City might travel down to Indianapolis to play Warren Central next week.  I guess both teams have an open date.  That will be off the chain.

If it comes to fruition, it does have the makings of a great game.  The Region could use a little redemption.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tommy said:

Just heard Paul Condry say that Michigan City might travel down to Indianapolis to play Warren Central next week.  I guess both teams have an open date.  That will be off the chain.

Very cool.  Warren is reeling.  Got smoked by Carmel tonight.  Surprised they are interested in playing another game.

2 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

That's exactly why you play another game.

Michigan City likely feels they have a team that can compete for  a 5A state title.

Lets say theu travel down to Warren and come back and a huge Covid outbreak hits the team.

End of season.

I agree with oldunclemark

Just now, DT said:

Michigan City likely feels they have a team that can compete for  a 5A state title.

Lets say theu travel down to Warren and come back and a huge Covid outbreak hits the team.

End of season.

Im not sure I would trust Warren to follow all the proper protocols anyway.

1 minute ago, DT said:

End of season.

Why?

Hey Coach Mason

Ohio schools who have been knocked out of the state tournament are allowed to schedule additional games to get more playing time for their kids due to the shortened season.

Hilliard Davidson is a blue blood multi year Ohio big school state champion,  had a tough year and they got knocked out of the tournament this week by highly regarded Pickerington North

Davidson is in Columbus, and they might be interested in playing.  You could possibly meet them in Fort Wayne or Richmond as additional options to reduce travel for both schools.

Would love to see this matchup.

https://www.davidsonfootball.com/

Edited by DT

1 hour ago, DT said:

End of season.

This is seriously the biggest slap in the face to Warren administration.  You’re truly the biggest piece of crap on this board.

If Merrillville was able to travel to Indy and play Chatard then I don't see any reason why Michigan City could not travel down and play Warren Central.  Maybe in was because City only got to play 2 home games this season with limited fans and is unable to make the trip due to lack of gate revenue.

3 hours ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

This is seriously the biggest slap in the face to Warren administration.  You’re truly the biggest piece of crap on this board.

Sorry you feel that way. Warren has pushed the envelope in the past.  Reps are hard to shake off

Warren would smoke them. Michigan City is an average 5a team at best... far from a contender. Their toughest opponent of the year is Chesterton and they lost to them. For the record i hate how dominant the Indy schools are but come on let’s be real. Michigan City lost to Chesterton by 8, lost to Laporte by 1 and beat an awful Portage team 28-7. Warren is fielding one of its worst teams of the last 20 years and they would have their way with the Wolves. It would be ugly and I really hope this doesn’t happen or some Michigan City players are going to get hurt

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, DT said:

Yes because there's been SO many "huge outbreaks" of the common cold Covid with football teams all over the state since August. 

There's been no "huge outbreak" and there will be no "huge outbreak" on any team, whether they travel 4 miles to play a game or 3 hours.  

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, PhilLee said:

Yes because there's been SO many "huge outbreaks" of the common cold Covid with football teams all over the state since August. 

There's been no "huge outbreak" and there will be no "huge outbreak" on any team, whether they travel 4 miles to play a game or 3 hours.  

The Duneland Conference has been impacted as much as any in the state.  Valpo has lost 4 games.  Michigan City and Crown Point 3 each if both dont play this week.

They might be a little gunshy about exposing themselves.

Edited by DT

10 hours ago, DT said:

The Duneland Conference has been impacted as much as any in the state.  Valpo has lost 4 games.  Michigan City and Crown Point 3 each if both dont play this week.

They might be a little gunshy about exposing themselves.

And if I were a Central Indiana AD I would probably want nothing to do with crossing paths with a Northwest Indiana team. Nevertheless, I agree with Bears62, I see no reason to assume Michigan City could make this a competive game. They're clearly not the Michigan City team of a few years ago. IMO, you don't want to risk injuries to your starters against a physically superior team when you have Valpo looming in the 1st round of Sectionals.

• Confused 1

47 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

And if I were a Central Indiana AD I would probably want nothing to do with crossing paths with a Northwest Indiana team. Nevertheless, I agree with Bears62, I see no reason to assume Michigan City could make this a competive game. They're clearly not the Michigan City team of a few years ago. IMO, you don't want to risk injuries to your starters against a physically superior team when you have Valpo looming in the 1st round of Sectionals.

Warren went 2-5 this year.  I think City-Warren would be a very competitive game    But you make a good point about the central Indiana ADs.  

My understanding is that Warren Central cannot travel to Michigan City due to travel restrictions within the school district.  Michigan City really want's another home game, and they aren't too thrilled about the idea of a long bus ride down to Indianapolis.  Given those parameters I just don't see how it gets done.  MC will still play their JV game next Saturday against Crown Point as I understand it so I would assume they will try to play everyone they can in that game to give them some action.

Edited by slicer28

2 hours ago, slicer28 said:

My understanding is that Warren Central cannot travel to Michigan City due to travel restrictions within the school district.  Michigan City really want's another home game, and they aren't too thrilled about the idea of a long bus ride down to Indianapolis.  Given those parameters I just don't see how it gets done.  MC will still play their JV game next Saturday against Crown Point as I understand it so I would assume they will try to play everyone they can in that game to give them some action.

Warren made annual trips to Cincy from 2014-16 and played Trinity in Louisville in 2018.  What travel restrictions?

2 hours ago, DT said:

Warren went 2-5 this year.  I think City-Warren would be a very competitive game    But you make a good point about the central Indiana ADs.  

Warrens strength of schedule: 4th

Michigan City’s strength of schedule: 84th

Love the content you create on here DT but there’s not a chance in hell this game would be competitive. You know as much as I do that Warren is a program built different than most. 2-5 is certainly disappointing but those losses have come as the following:

0-20 to Center Grove

0-10 to North Central

14-21 to Ben Davis 

13-34 to Lawrence North

14-38 to Carmel

Those are not even bad losses, a 24 point deficit against Carmel is far from embarrassing. All 5 of those teams are top 15 teams in the state. (you could make a case that BD isn’t, i still think they are) A game against MC would be a bye week for WC and that’s not even being disrespectful

55 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

Warren made annual trips to Cincy from 2014-16 and played Trinity in Louisville in 2018.  What travel restrictions?

"Mason said he has already spoken with Warren Central coach Jayson West about playing since the Warriors also have a week nine opening. While West expressed a definite interest, Warren Central can’t travel due to school corporation restrictions."  This is directly from an article in the LaPorte County Herald Dispatch from this past Friday.

3 hours ago, slicer28 said:

Maybe some of the snowflakes here will be appeased if MC is allowed to play their seniors in the JV Game.  

36 minutes ago, Bears62 said:

Warrens strength of schedule: 4th

Michigan City’s strength of schedule: 84th

Love the content you create on here DT but there’s not a chance in hell this game would be competitive. You know as much as I do that Warren is a program built different than most. 2-5 is certainly disappointing but those losses have come as the following:

0-20 to Center Grove

0-10 to North Central

14-21 to Ben Davis 

13-34 to Lawrence North

14-38 to Carmel

Those are not even bad losses, a 24 point deficit against Carmel is far from embarrassing. All 5 of those teams are top 15 teams in the state. (you could make a case that BD isn’t, i still think they are) A game against MC would be a bye week for WC and that’s not even being disrespectful

MC is a pretty solid program.  They have played deep into the 5A tourney, including a very competitive game with New Pal.  They played Homewood Flossmoor very tough.  And they hold their own in The DAC with top teams Valpo and Merrillville.  This Warren team is not very good.  Their own supporters have been very critical of this years performance.  I think they have problems over there.   I think the game would be competitive.

Edited by DT