Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Cathedral @ Center Grove

Might as well get it started!  It is the regular season big game!  Both teams 8-0, both teams with a bye in first week of the playoffs and Center Grove is #1 in the Sagarin ratings and Cathedral is #2.  It should be a good one and a tough ticket.  I'm hoping it's televised in the Indianapolis area for those who are unable to attend.

Should be a great game!  Best of luck to both teams!!!  Here’s where my loyalties lie:

Pro-Center Grove: a few of my college fraternity brothers went there.  Their nickname is politically correct.  My good buddy DT (who I’m officially burying the hatchet with) thinks they’re the best thing since sliced bread and could give the 1972 Miami Dolphins are run for their money.

Pro-Cathedral:  I was born Catholic.  In Indianapolis.  Many of my cousins went there.

905B5E37-5605-4D32-8E3C-E20C7D5AC91F.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Gipper said:

Should be a great game!  Best of luck to both teams!!!  Here’s where my loyalties lie:

Pro-Center Grove: a few of my college fraternity brothers went there.  Their nickname is politically correct.  My good buddy DT (who I’m officially burying the hatchet with) thinks they’re the best thing since sliced bread and could give the 1972 Miami Dolphins are run for their money.

Pro-Cathedral:  I was born Catholic.  In Indianapolis.  Many of my cousins went there.

905B5E37-5605-4D32-8E3C-E20C7D5AC91F.jpeg

I'm with you dude  We are NWI Brothers. I'm Catholic and my daughter went to CG.  I'm all in on the Trojans.  Plus Chatard is my favorite Indy PP anyway. 

Just now, DT said:

I'm with you dude  We are NWI Brothers. I'm Catholic and my daughter went to CG.  I'm all in on the Trojans.  Plus Chatard is my favorite Indy PP anyway. 

Highland Trojans

Chatard Trojans

CG Trojans

The Men of Troy

7 minutes ago, DT said:

Highland Trojans

Chatard Trojans

CG Trojans

The Men of Troy

Here’s a weird one: Lowell and South Newton have the same fight song.  Sadly, it’s the Illinois Loyalty which is completely unacceptable for a Purdue fan and IU (Northwest—MBA) grad.

In on one, predicting a balanced and physical team Cathedral trails at halftime 17-10 but grinds out a 34-31 win after a few adjustments and their experience playing GCL teams.

Regardless of the outcome, this game will likely be remembered and talked about for a long time, unless Cathedral 2021 will be on a completely different level making this game less significant in the all-time greats discussion.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DT said:

Highland Trojans

Chatard Trojans

CG Trojans

The Men of Troy

So your telling the @Gipper you have an affinity for prophylactics? 

I kid

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

So your telling the @Gipper you have an affinity for prophylactics? 

I kid

Follow thread please, we’re both Cult members (Roman Catholic Church).  As adherents, all forms of birth control, as prophylactics are, will not be used.  As such, he has 26 kids to my 19.

Edited by Gipper
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

Might as well get it started!  It is the regular season big game!  Both teams 8-0, both teams with a bye in first week of the playoffs and Center Grove is #1 in the Sagarin ratings and Cathedral is #2.  It should be a good one and a tough ticket.  I'm hoping it's televised in the Indianapolis area for those who are unable to attend.

I understand Johnson County is allowing 75% capacity at sports venues (as of this weekend).  I am not sure of their stadium capacity but I figure from image below to be at least 7,000-8,000?  Even if they allow 4,500 this thing will be a sellout once tickets are released so probably a moot point.  I cannot imagine this game not being televised.  And yes, with both teams with first week bye no way they don't play 'all-in' w/starters.

118579238_3526723664025009_1749821506199780212_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=hHstmR2cwJMAX_przHb&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=91181935ad9fb1c290733445f4de7719&oe=5FA84272

6 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

In on one, predicting a balanced and physical team Cathedral trails at halftime 17-10 but grinds out a 34-31 win after a few adjustments and their experience playing GCL teams.

Regardless of the outcome, this game will likely be remembered and talked about for a long time, unless Cathedral 2021 will be on a completely different level making this game less significant in the all-time greats discussion.

Why is Center Grove ranked ahead of Cathedral?   Why not the other way around?

Just asking.

8 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Just asking.

Maxpreps has Cathedral ahead of Center Grove.  

It really does not matter, it is very clear these are the top two teams in Indiana so Friday's game will put the debate at rest.

Gonna be a LONG week.

16 minutes ago, Dave007 said:

It really does not matter, it is very clear these are the top two teams in Indiana so Friday's game will put the debate at rest.

Unlikely. Someone’s got to lose. And whoever loses, their fans will say they didn’t go all out because they were saving themselves for the playoffs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave007 said:

Maxpreps has Cathedral ahead of Center Grove.  

Gonna be a LONG week.

Does Max Preps rate out of state teams when they analyze strength of schedule?

Sagarin does not, right?

Who has played the tougher schedule? 

22 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Sagarin does not, right?

In order:

1. Yes

2. Correct, Sagarin does not 

3. Cathedral (per CalPreps/MaxPreps)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Just asking.

No idea, Sagarin and I assume all computer rankings like CalPreps and Massey are fubared because of COVID. They should improve through the tournament. In a normal year, I'd say Cathedral has the tougher SoS, but Sagarin would probably say CG does because all the in state MIC games. All speculation. 

ETA: Sagarin's initial ratings give extra weight to schools in larger classes. Not sure about the others, but CalPreps has a "program prestige" factor.

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

Unlikely. Someone’s got to lose. And whoever loses, their fans will say they didn’t go all out because they were saving themselves for the playoffs.

I bet the losing coach will say the better team won... but does he qualify it with "tonight?" The trolls must be fed!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

Sagarin does not, right?

Sagarin does indeed have Cathedral’s schedule ranked as the number one toughest in the state. CG’s is 6th.

3 hours ago, Bobref said:

Man, who would do this? Not a Cathedral thing. If we cared about injury or resting kids, we’d never schedule any of these teams. We want the best. Always. Look at our wrestling or girl’s volleyball schedules if you beed clarity. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Bobref said:

I'll say that (roughly) win or lose.

10 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

Absolutely one of the best webcasts! Are they charging to watch this year? If so how much?

$10 when they are allowed to broadcast.  MIC ADs have been funny about not allowing other schools' webcasts.  And it is not a financial thing.

Edited by Grover