Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Cathedral @ Center Grove

9 hours ago, Knightmare said:

I'll take Center Grove 28-7. 

Cathedral has never won by more than 7 points in this matchup (from 2014 - Now).  I think the biggest difference is the CG defense because the game is at CG.  I think CG wins on the line of scrimmage and makes Cathedral one dimensional forcing them to throw the ball.  Quick possessions and CG takes over and grinds out the clock to a win. 

28-7 ???

Can I have some of what your smoking

1 minute ago, itiswhatitis said:

I asked that question hours ago and have been ignored.  Whatever.

CG sports network will have it for 10 dollars

Great game, not a lot of fireworks. I had no dog in this fight and even though I thought CG would win, Cathedral impressed me more. CG stepped up on their last drive which is what champs do. I thought Cathedral possibly outplayed them but CG earned that win. I think most people would have punted on Cathedral’s 4th & 1 play and that did end up changing the outcome of the game for them unfortunately. I still see them as #1 and #2 in the state and I’m sure most do as well.

Big time step up by Jackson and that CG defense is as good as advertised only giving up 6 points to a great Cathedral offense. Cathedral is very very good as well. 4th and 1 punt or not? It’s a gamble, it didn’t work out this time. Connor Delp with a huge game and some big time catches as well. 

That game lived up to the hype pretty good.

1 hour ago, Olympian06 said:

Big time step up by Jackson and that CG defense is as good as advertised only giving up 6 points to a great Cathedral offense. Cathedral is very very good as well. 4th and 1 punt or not? It’s a gamble, it didn’t work out this time. Connor Delp with a huge game and some big time catches as well. 

Great game, live up to the hype reasonably well.  I loved the play calling going for it on 4th and 1 and loved Peebs said on postgame he would do it again. CG had no time outs left, on the 50 YD...so if we punt they would be on 25 yard line or better with 1:18 to play so reasonable gamble.  Plus this is not playoff game where the season was on the line and we were on the road against arguably top 1 or 2 team in the state so 9 out of 10 times you go for that one yard to seal the win when you can.

Great game and atmosphere.  On to playoffs!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dave007 said:

That game lived up to the hype pretty good.

Great game, live up to the hype reasonably well.  I loved the play calling going for it on 4th and 1 and loved Peebs said on postgame he would do it again. CG had no time outs left, on the 50 YD...so if we punt they would be on 25 yard line or better with 1:18 to play so reasonable gamble.  Plus this is not playoff game where the season was on the line and we were on the road against arguably top 1 or 2 team in the state so 9 out of 10 times you go for that one yard to seal the win when you can.

Great game and atmosphere.  On to playoffs!

I think your coach is in denial.  He blew it.  Worst call ever.  Long ride home for those kids tonight

4 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Right decision to go for it, terrible play call. You don’t run jet sweep on 4th and less than a yard.

I couldnt disagree more.  You are going up against the #1 defrense in the state, and if you turn the ball over, you are giving the ball back to the #1 offensive team in the MIC on a short field.  Unless you have no confidence in your punter, the coach gave away the game and killed your perfect season.

Very perplexing.

7 minutes ago, DT said:

I couldnt disagree more.  You are going up against the #1 defrense in the state, and if you turn the ball over, you are giving the ball back to the #1 offensive team in the MIC on a short field.  Unless you have no confidence in your punter, the coach gave away the game and killed your perfect season.

Very perplexing.

You get the first down, the game is effectively over. You’re giving the ball back by punting. Cathedral was kicking into a pretty good wind with a punter who had already shanked a few earlier. I think it’s a 20-25 yard difference punting there. I don’t mind the decision to go for it and win the game, right there on the road. Play to win.

That being said, the play call was awful. 

2 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

You get the first down, the game is effectively over. You’re giving the ball back by punting. Cathedral was kicking into a pretty good wind with a punter who had already shanked a few earlier. I think it’s a 20-25 yard difference punting there. I don’t mind the decision to go for it and win the game, right there on the road. Play to win.

That being said, the play call was awful. 

Going 80 yards in less than a minute is a much more daunting task for any high school offense than going 50 yards.  The CHS defense was demoralized after the turnover on downs.  They figured the game was over.  CG waltzed down the field and literally stole the game from them.  I still cant believe it happened.  I believe that perfect record was a huge goal for many Cathedral people this year, and to throw it away in such fashion is unconscionable.

1 minute ago, DT said:

Going 80 yards in less than a minute is a much more daunting task for any high school offense than going 50 yards.  The CHS defense was demoralized after the turnover on downs.  They figured the game was over.  CG waltzed down the field and literally stole the game from them.  I still cant believe it happened.  I believe that perfect record was a huge goal for many Cathedral people this year, and to throw it away in such fashion is unconscionable.

That’s assuming he gets off a clean punt that travels 40 yards in the air. Cathedral had a 10 yard net punt earlier in the game from the same part of the field kicking into the same wind.

It’s 4th and 1, you’re on the road, get a yard and the game is over. You go for it every time there. Just wasn’t the right play call.

• Like 1

I see DT is trying to rile things up again.

I agree that the play call was bad on the last 4th down play.  If you're going to run the ball you need to give it to Jake Langdon.  I have no problem going for it on 4th down.   

I was not impressed with the down and yardage displays on the "scoreboards."  CG needs to have a down and yardage that is more legible.  Outstanding facility otherwise.

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1

2 minutes ago, PHJIrish said:

I see DT is trying to rile things up again.

I agree that the play call was bad on the last 4th down play.  If you're going to run the ball you need to give it to Jake Langdon.  I have no problem going for it on 4th down.   

I was not impressed with the down and yardage displays on the "scoreboards."  CG needs to have a down and yardage that is more legible.  Outstanding facility otherwise.

I’ll let Ray Skillman know you aren’t pleased with the legibility of the scoreboard.. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

That’s assuming he gets off a clean punt that travels 40 yards in the air. Cathedral had a 10 yard net punt earlier in the game from the same part of the field kicking into the same wind.

It’s 4th and 1, you’re on the road, get a yard and the game is over. You go for it every time there. Just wasn’t the right play call.

If I have 225lb Carson Steele running behind CGs mammoth offensive line, yes, I go for it on 4th and 1 to seal the game.  The Cathedral back is a 200lber and the CG D line will generally handle any offensive line in the state, including Cathedral.  Peebles panicked and decided to get fancy.  That play had fumble written all over it based solely on the risky exchange.

6 minutes ago, DT said:

If I have 225lb Carson Steele running behind CGs mammoth offensive line, yes, I go for it on 4th and 1 to seal the game.  The Cathedral back is a 200lber and the CG D line will generally handle any offensive line in the state, including Cathedral.  Peebles panicked and decided to get fancy.  That play had fumble written all over it based solely on the risky exchange.

Cathedral’s offensive line man for man is bigger than CG’s offensive line and Cathedral’s RB on that last drive was taking over the game. Go under center, have your QB fall forward (with your 200 lb RB pushing the pile from behind) and the game is over. The play call was atrocious but it doesn’t negate the fact that it was the right decision to try and win the game right there.

Edited by Footballking16

10 minutes ago, DT said:

Our punter did struggle tonight, and I do back your comment that CG has #1 offensive team in the MIC so there is a chance they COULD go 70-80 yards even with no time outs if we punt vs. turning it over on the 50 which we did.  Again...on the road, you take those chances as that is what good football programs do.

I can assure you that having a 'perfect record' is not the goal of Cathedral this year.

1 minute ago, Footballking16 said:

Cathedral’s offensive line man for man is bigger than CG’s offensive line and Cathedral’s RB on that last drive was taking over the game. Go under enter, have your QB fall forward (with your 200 lb RB pushing the pile) and the game is over. The play call was atrocious but it doesn’t negate the fact that it was the right decision to try and win the game right there.

It didnt work and you lost.  So its not "always" the right thing to do.  Peebles pulls this blunder in the post season and your year is over.