Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Cathedral @ Center Grove

5 hours ago, Trojanmp52 said:

Just leaving the jv game at cathedral do they not know hoe to use the down distance n the score board

Cathedral doesn't have the luxury of a multi million dollar stadium.  And by the way it was a JV game.  

Oh, and ask me with better English next time.  Cathedral spend most of their money on education.

4 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

Don’t take it personal, PHJ and I have had these little jabs for years. It’s just my smart@ss mouth giving PHJ (an extremley loyal alum and fan) a hard time. Columbus East and Cathedral are the only 2 programs in the state that have bumped up 2 classes due to the success factor and both have won state titles in 2 classes. Anytime a program is mentioned with Cathedral it’s a good sign you are doing something right. 

I'm just funnin' too!  Have a good weekend and good luck in the playoffs.

Can someone please post the scores of the Cathedral/Center Grove JV and Freshman games today.  I used to get the scores on twitter or email, but not this season.

Just now, PHJIrish said:

Can someone please post the scores of the Cathedral/Center Grove JV and Freshman games today.  I used to get the scores on twitter or email, but not this season.

I should have ended my first sentence with a question mark.  It's been a long time since that parochial school education.😉

Was semi-invested in the Navy-ECU game, hehe. Facing a 4th and 2 around midfield up 4 with 2 minutes left (ECU had 1 TO left), Navy left their punt team off the field. Navy converted their 4th down, running north and south I should add, and ECU never saw the ball again. I’m guessing this is a more popular call than DT leads us to believe.  

Definitely a bad call by cathedrals coach , to go for it on the fourth down, cost him a touchdown.  He also chose to go for it in the first half of the game, and didn’t make it, that blunder cost them a field goal. Poor decision making for the Irish coaches in both situations. You people are in denial.  But these are good coaches. Just made a few bad game decisions that cost the points. 
They will live to see another day, and probably win another state trophy. 

1 hour ago, Grover said:

JV:  CG won 13-6

Frosh:  CG won 40-28

I believe I heard the announcers say last night before the game that CG combined varsity, JV and frosh were 25-0 heading into the weekend.  That makes it 28-0 for the CG football program this year.  Wow!  Watch out MIC.  

5 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

Cathedral doesn't have the luxury of a multi million dollar stadium.  And by the way it was a JV game.  

Oh, and ask me with better English next time.  Cathedral spend most of their money on education.

I'm just funnin' too!  Have a good weekend and good luck in the playoffs.

sorry i was typing on my  phone and have a habit of fat finger the keys.  I am also dyslexic and tend to flip words and letters some times.  

Edited by Trojanmp52

4 hours ago, southend said:

Definitely a bad call by cathedrals coach , to go for it on the fourth down, cost him a touchdown.  He also chose to go for it in the first half of the game, and didn’t make it, that blunder cost them a field goal. Poor decision making for the Irish coaches in both situations. You people are in denial.  But these are good coaches. Just made a few bad game decisions that cost the points. 
They will live to see another day, and probably win another state trophy. 

Huh?

Cathedral wasn’t trying to get a touchdown, they were trying to get a yard and win them the game. Criticize Coach Peebles all you want, his decision to go for it was the right call, his play call left some to be desired.

3 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Huh?

Cathedral wasn’t trying to get a touchdown, they were trying to get a yard and win them the game. Criticize Coach Peebles all you want, his decision to go for it was the right call, his play call left some to be desired.

CG scored on both bad decisions by Cathedral to go for 1st downs. Field goal in the first half, touchdown at the end of the game.  

3 hours ago, southend said:

CG scored on both bad decisions by Cathedral to go for 1st downs. Field goal in the first half, touchdown at the end of the game.  

It is what it is. The Head Coach took responsibility and blame for it. Probably wished he had given it to Langdon. Curry DL for CG said in Indystar article he knew either Jordan or Langdon would get the ball. Myself I probably would have ran a play action TE dump pass (I know crazy) but the CG defense was in all out blitz expecting run. Even though others feel differently, punting wasn’t an option to me. Punting had not gone well throughout the night.

18 hours ago, Grover said:

JV:  CG won 13-6

Frosh:  CG won 40-28

Thank you!  I guess I'm not privvy to that info from Cathedral nowadays.

Just now, PHJIrish said:

Thank you!  I guess I'm not privvy to that info from Cathedral nowadays.

Oops, duplicate answer.  My bad!

19 hours ago, DT said:

I believe I heard the announcers say last night before the game that CG combined varsity, JV and frosh were 25-0 heading into the weekend.  That makes it 28-0 for the CG football program this year.  Wow!  Watch out MIC.  

man you are on some nuts. 

On 10/17/2020 at 1:11 PM, Olympian06 said:

Don’t take it personal, PHJ and I have had these little jabs for years. It’s just my smart@ss mouth giving PHJ (an extremley loyal alum and fan) a hard time. Columbus East and Cathedral are the only 2 programs in the state that have bumped up 2 classes due to the success factor and both have won state titles in 2 classes. Anytime a program is mentioned with Cathedral it’s a good sign you are doing something right. 

Its all good.

54 minutes ago, CaptainHook said:

so I just saw that CG held Jordan to 2 catches for -1 yard and 1 rush for -1 yard.

also Wooten held to without a catch?

wow

Jordan didn’t play in the 1Q and never really got in sync with the game. Did draw 2 DPI’s that won’t show up in the box score but Cathedral didn’t do much to get him the ball.

Wooten I believe caught one ball early in the game but not sure he was targeted after. Tragic.

13 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Jordan didn’t play in the 1Q and never really got in sync with the game. Did draw 2 DPI’s that won’t show up in the box score but Cathedral didn’t do much to get him the ball.

Wooten I believe caught one ball early in the game but not sure he was targeted after. Tragic.

Also Center Grove controlled time of possession.  IIRC, they had the ball for 9 minutes more than Cathedral.  Also CG's defense is elite!

4 minutes ago, PHJIrish said:

Also Center Grove controlled time of possession.  IIRC, they had the ball for 9 minutes more than Cathedral.  Also CG's defense is elite!

Yep. Fantastic D (especially the line) that really dictated the game and never allowed Carhedral to get into any rhythm. Didn’t have much success running on first and second down and were forced into obvious passing downs were CG could pin their ears and bring pressure.

Edited by Footballking16
  • Like 1