Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Being critical of your school?

So bring critical of your school is frowned upon here?

i replied whiting should of never started season after being taken to woodshed by griffith, and two members replied with “disdain”

if we aren’t being critical how are we preparing players and coaches for real life?

going further of a team isn’t successful is it the players or coaches fault?

from afar I watched whiting and I couldn’t believe the lack of numbers and size of the players, I feel bad for the coaches. Or is it there fault for not getting enough players out and developing them?

No matter what I want whiting to win but I will be critical of them as well. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

I guess the question is.... do you think being critical of teenagers and their coaches on a forum is your responsibility ? Are you really preparing them for life? Isn’t that their family and coaches role? 

Well if the games are open to the public and covered by media I don’t see any reason why not. Also coaches salaries paid by tax dollars so another reason to be critical. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Whiting89 said:

i replied whiting should of never started season after being taken to woodshed by griffith, and two members replied with “disdain”

if we aren’t being critical how are we preparing players and coaches for real life?

going further of a team isn’t successful is it the players or coaches fault?

from afar I watched whiting and I couldn’t believe the lack of numbers and size of the players, I feel bad for the coaches. Or is it there fault for not getting enough players out and developing them?

No matter what I want whiting to win but I will be critical of them as well. 

If you're going to be critical of your own school, prepare for some backlash.

At the end of the day, this game is about the students and giving them the chance to grow and learn through this great game that we call football. Win, lose, draw, or even in a blowout, there are lessons to be learned. Taking that chance away from the students, at the end of the day, is selfish. At the end of the day, it's just a game. It can be hard to say that to a bunch of diehards, but it's the simple truth.

• Like 1

The Whiting school board foolishly decided to follow Hammond as only the second school district in the state to cancel all fall sports. You can’t expect much or be too critical of your Oilers when it was a decision by the top to start their season 3 months late. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, region said:

The Whiting school board foolishly decided to follow Hammond as only the second school district in the state to cancel all fall sports. You can’t expect much or be too critical of your Oilers when it was a decision by the top to start their season 3 months late. 

I totally agree with the foolish decision I just can’t believe how small the kids are and how few of them there are.

you think the decision had an effect on participation?

U can can be critical.  Calls, numbers, coaching, choice at the concession stand... whatever.  But to state that the program shouldn’t have been restarted was in poor taste imo as I noted.  Especially in this climate.  Many schools weren’t allowed to play this past weekend.  Great that Whiting had the opportunity.

• Like 1

It's time to be critical towards the IHSAA for not having seeding or neutral site regional & semi state games. 😆 Can't be critical towards the OHSAA this year as they went all in and seeded all the teams for just this year. Next year back to being critical for not allowing all in towards them.

• Thanks 1

OK to criticize the administrators, never criticize  the kids. We were all young and foolish at one time. The kids are a mostly product of their parents and coaches. Don’t school boards act on the recommendations of the administrators? Are they taboo? What you say ADs?

9 minutes ago, jcat69 said:

OK to criticize the administrators, never criticize  the kids. We were all young and foolish at one time. The kids are a mostly product of their parents and coaches. Don’t school boards act on the recommendations of the administrators? Are they taboo? What you say ADs?

Most administrators I know act on the desires of the school boards. Which in turn gets approved by the board.

6 hours ago, Whiting89 said:

Frankly, yes.

It's all unicorns and rainbows when it comes to Indiana High School Football, where all the lineman are strong, all the coaches are good-looking, and all the quarterbacks are above average.  At least according to the denizens of the GID.

Edited by Muda69
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sit and spin 1

1 hour ago, gonzoron said:

Those "reactions" could have been disdain for grammatical and spelling errors, we'll never know, especially since we don't know where this occurred.

Griffith 28 whiting 6 half

whiting should of never started season 

purdue Pete and coach nowlin clicked disdain

like I said before it’s a travesty to have a 2 games season, should of never started.

6 hours ago, Whiting89 said:

like I said before it’s a travesty to have a 2 games season, should of never started.

Did you play? If so, think back to your last game. When it finished, what would you have done to get just one more week of practice with those guys, one more week of locker room shenanigans, one more game? It’s a shame you can’t see how important even this abbreviated season is to those kids.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Whiting89 said:

Like I said earlier, it's about the kids, not winning or losing, especially this year. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Whiting89 said:

It is a shameful comment from the peanut gallery.  Hence, my "disdain" for the lack of judgment when you decided to hit 'send' or "reply"  

Even in defeat, I am sure the Whiting Football community was thrilled to just have an opportunity to play, final score is distant at this point, especially for those Seniors who went 3 months thinking that their careers were over for H.S. and now you had what, 2 maybe 3 weeks to get it back up and running while other schoolos have been going uninteruppted for 2 full months. 

So, yes, you making a post of that nature was shameful from a supposed "supporter" of their alma mater, who without having to look it up probably couldn't tell you many facts about the current make up of the 2020 Oilers.   But yes, come on here and post "whiting should of never started season"     SMH

3 hours ago, Bobref said:

Did you play? If so, think back to your last game. When it finished, what would you have done to get just one more week of practice with those guys, one more week of locker room shenanigans, one more game? It’s a shame you can’t see how important even this abbreviated season is to those kids.

Exacty 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

It is a shameful comment from the peanut gallery.  Hence, my "disdain" for the lack of judgment when you decided to hit 'send' or "reply"  

Even in defeat, I am sure the Whiting Football community was thrilled to just have an opportunity to play, final score is distant at this point, especially for those Seniors who went 3 months thinking that their careers were over for H.S. and now you had what, 2 maybe 3 weeks to get it back up and running while other schoolos have been going uninteruppted for 2 full months. 

So, yes, you making a post of that nature was shameful from a supposed "supporter" of their alma mater, who without having to look it up probably couldn't tell you many facts about the current make up of the 2020 Oilers.   But yes, come on here and post "whiting should of never started season"     SMH

Exacty 

Great response Nowlins. I swear to God it was 

Edited by Donnie Baker
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Exacty 

I know a lot of whiting supporters who aren’t happy with the current state of the program. I guess we were spoiled by Coach Cain.

• Disdain 1