Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Will 2020 be a PP sweep?

5 hours ago, captainobvious said:

Definitely not in 1A, 2A, & 4A!

The move in from Marian Catholic High School from Illinois is a huge upgrade for Andrean at QB. They are heavy favorites to come out of the North. 

• Like 2
  • Disdain 1

3 hours ago, Lysander said:

Roncalli has a real shot of coming out of the South.

I look forward to seeing how the Roncalli/East Central game this Friday plays out.  Both are ranked top 4 in Sagarin’s.

It might well be a preview of the Semi-State.

Very well could be. My pick is Mooresville vs Mt. Vernon, but I’ve been wrong before.

16 hours ago, Cowboy08 said:

1A South Adams is the team to beat IMO.

No one in the north will give SA a game and that may come back to haunt them them in the title game.  Speed, size, confidence and aggressiveness of Lutheran would be different than anything they’ve seen all year.  Would be a fun one to watch.

51 minutes ago, FridayNightLights said:

Very well could be. My pick is Mooresville vs Mt. Vernon, but I’ve been wrong before.

I agree with this. It looks like East Central has to travel to Mooresville again this year, which makes them slightly favored, IMO.

2 hours ago, Purdue Pete said:

No one in the north will give SA a game and that may come back to haunt them them in the title game.  Speed, size, confidence and aggressiveness of Lutheran would be different than anything they’ve seen all year.  Would be a fun one to watch.

The lack of games kinda makes LCC a sleeper in the North. 

Thout it interesting to bring this up as it relates to the SF. Is a pattern forming? Recently its been NPal EM Pioneer off the top of my head, other publics? cycling up. Now it looks like Cath, Chatard, Andearn? LCC?  Luthern MAY cycle up. Will the point threshold get lowered again to stay up?  Will we c the same groups of Publics and PPs cycling as cohorts?  R ther enuff data points yet for the men of science to come to any conclusions?  To me... it feels as if a pattern is begining to emerge. Hmmmmm........

14 hours ago, Purdue Pete said:

How does Lutheran look this year compared to last year?  They were really solid last year ... lots of size, good speed, and good mix of weaponry.  A lot of teams have a good passing game or a good running game or a good RPO or a good gadget game or a good *fill in the blank* game ... and if you can blunt that, then you've got a shot.  With Lutheran, if you stopped them one way, they just moved on to the next weapon.  And they had so many of them that it took nearly all game long to finally slow them down.  Have to be able to hang close with them until you can get it figured out.  If not, they just end up getting too much of a lead.

11 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

The lack of games kinda makes LCC a sleeper in the North. 

The questions there are going to be 1) without the usual slate of HC grind and pre-season rigor, will LCC be battle-tested enough for a decent post-season run and 2) will they be able to shake the quarantine blues and have a full roster come post season or will they be short-handed?  The games that they have played, they've been semi short-handed.

3 minutes ago, foxbat said:

The questions there are going to be 1) without the usual slate of HC grind and pre-season rigor, will LCC be battle-tested enough for a decent post-season run and 2) will they be able to shake the quarantine blues and have a full roster come post season or will they be short-handed?  The games that they have played, they've been semi short-handed.

Do you think LCC will be able to make it through the postseason? Two different Covid stints doesn’t bode well. Seems like LCC kids are getting tested more than most other schools. 

2 hours ago, Thor77 said:

Do you think LCC will be able to make it through the postseason? Two different Covid stints doesn’t bode well. Seems like LCC kids are getting tested more than most other schools. 

I'm less plugged in to LCC this season due to retiring from youth coaching after 18 seasons, but my daughter was telling me that a friend of hers from LCC was saying that the team is running short of normal numbers due to quarantining and also some of the starters are some of the ones quarantined. 

I don't know if there's more testing going on via the schools or not, but I know that, in some cases, it's just folks reporting their own outcomes.  As an example, my son plays football for one of the local public schools and we just received a call from the school that he was exposed to someone who tested positive for COVID ... so he's now on quarantine.  I don't think the kid was tested by the school, but instead was tested on his own and reported results to the school who then used contact tracing to quarantine the others.  I'm not sure if some schools are actively involved in the testing ... for example, Purdue does random testing of students ... or if it's just plugged in families that are keeping the schools in the loop.

I agree that the two stints don't bode well, particularly from a small school situation.  There's a lot less opportunity for "next man up" and also a lot less opportunity for continuity as you are losing a chunk of line then another chunk of line or backs then another set of backs, etc.  Hard to get started and hard to get any traction. 

Edited by foxbat

1 hour ago, foxbat said:

I'm less plugged in to LCC this season due to retiring from youth coaching after 18 seasons, but my daughter was telling me that a friend of hers from LCC was saying that the team is running short of normal numbers due to quarantining and also some of the starters are some of the ones quarantined. 

I don't know if there's more testing going on via the schools or not, but I know that, in some cases, it's just folks reporting their own outcomes.  As an example, my son plays football for one of the local public schools and we just received a call from the school that he was exposed to someone who tested positive for COVID ... so he's now on quarantine.  I don't think the kid was tested by the school, but instead was tested on his own and reported results to the school who then used contact tracing to quarantine the others.  I'm not sure if some schools are actively involved in the testing ... for example, Purdue does random testing of students ... or if it's just plugged in families that are keeping the schools in the loop.

I agree that the two stints don't bode well, particularly from a small school situation.  There's a lot less opportunity for "next man up" and also a lot less opportunity for continuity as you are losing a chunk of line then another chunk of line or backs then another set of backs, etc.  Hard to get started and hard to get any traction. 

Most schools are not doing testing.  They rely on family to communicate to school when a positive test occurs.  If it is a member of the football team then in most cases the team gets shut down 14 days.  If it was someone who sat within 6 ft of a football player at school then that player is quarantined 14 days.  A positive case in a school typically results in about 25 kids quarantined.  U only hear about the TEAMS that are shut down ... many teams are playing at less than full strength.... just like injuries in other years but much more prevalent.

19 hours ago, captainobvious said:

6A - CENTER GROVE

5A - CATHEDRAL

4A - DELTA

3A - CHATARD

2A - EASTBROOK

1A - SOUTH ADAMS

How can u take Delta with a 35-0 loss in their record to another 4a?  I know they took Eastbrook behind the wood shed but still.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Disdain 1

I think that PPs will take 1A (Lutheran), 2A (Andrean), 3A (Chatard), and 5A (Cathedral).  Roncalli is decent but young and they will be better next year (even though Chatard will likely win 4A next year).  I see Mt. Vernon or Mooresville victorious in 4A and Center Grove in 6A.  

Hobart is another team I could see taking 4A. Yes they lost to Andrean but that was without Bobby Babcock and with 3 turnovers lost and at least 50 yards worth of penalties. I think that loss was a big walkup call for the team, plus they're battle-tested after their run to semi-state last year. Watch out for the Brickies.