Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Are seniors allowed to play JV

26 minutes ago, Trojanmp52 said:

on the roster that was handing out for the Cg vs LN jv game they had seniors on it.  i did not know if something had changed that would  allow that.

Yes. 

Winamac had 2 last year for the two jv games they had last year

I know they had 2 more play jv in 2017. 

To me, it all depends on that Seniors development  as a football player. If a Senior has been with the team and has no chance of starting on Varsity, then sure. They can play JV, but it a Senior has anything to do with Varsity, even if its special teams, then no, I dont believe a Sr should be playing JV.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Trojanmp52 said:

on the roster that was handing out for the Cg vs LN jv game they had seniors on it.  i did not know if something had changed that would  allow that.

1 hour ago, Trojanmp52 said:

If you are asking about the IHSAA by-laws then nothing has changed in the last 27 years. Seniors are allowed to play JV. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DT said:

If a senior has any personal pride, he would not step on the field for a jV game

Better to quit and join show choir

That's pretty crappy to say DT.

One of the kids that played JV at Winamac In 2017 is now defending yours and my freedom in the military. 

That one that played this past year is going to college to be a cop. 

All four of the kids that played JV here are outstanding young men. If you have a daughter, they are the type of boys you would want her to date And marry. 

• Like 6

9 hours ago, DT said:

If a senior has any personal pride, he would not step on the field for a jV game

not even close to what kids feel

They want to play, they do not care the level.  They enjoy being part of a team, other amazing factors that go into this great game.  We have had many seniors who are just great kids, but not very good football players, however, they have a blast, great teammates and play the game as hard as they can, even on JV.   But sometimes with our roster, those SR allow us to get a 3rd game in for the week with our "C" team playrs. 

I know the person started the thread is more looking at it from huge school perspective. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

They want to play, they do not care the level.  They enjoy being part of a team, other amazing factors that go into this great game.  We have had many seniors who are just great kids, but not very good football players, however, they have a blast, great teammates and play the game as hard as they can, even on JV.   But sometimes with our roster, those SR allow us to get a 3rd game in for the week with our "C" team playrs. 

I know the person started the thread is more looking at it from huge school perspective. 

Maybe it's a big school small school thing.  Football is a developmental sport.  Seniors on jV take away valuable developmental time from underclassmen.  Should not be allowed at any level in my view

1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Kids are different today.  Any of my senior classmates would be embarrassed if asked to play in a jV game

Times have changed

Where's the pride?

11 hours ago, TheStatGuy said:

That's pretty crappy to say DT.

One of the kids that played JV at Winamac In 2017 is now defending yours and my freedom in the military. 

That one that played this past year is going to college to be a cop. 

All four of the kids that played JV here are outstanding young men. If you have a daughter, they are the type of boys you would want her to date And marry. 

I'm so sick and tired of this bleeding heart military crap.   I'm sure the kid is a fine young man.  But as a senior, he had his chance and didn't make it.  Now he is taking valuable developmental time away from an underclassmen

Do the honorable thing seniors.  Step aside and let the young kids have their chance to shine.  

Let's not forget that military service is also the last resort for many who couldn't make it in the non military world

2 hours ago, DT said:

I'm so sick and tired of this bleeding heart military crap.   I'm sure the kid is a fine young man.  But as a senior, he had his chance and didn't make it.  Now he is taking valuable developmental time away from an underclassmen

Do the honorable thing seniors.  Step aside and let the young kids have their chance to shine.  

Let's not forget that military service is also the last resort for many who couldn't make it in the non military world

And the last line of course just shows how little you actually know.  Lets not forget, if not for those that couldn't CUT IT in the non military world, you wouldn't have the liberties to spout the crap you are spouting now out of you suck hole. You DISGUST ME.  Dont bother responding.

• Thanks 3

12 hours ago, DT said:

Have you seen how hard show choir kids work?

You enjoy throwing kids under the bus to advance your own agenda of edginess on the GID page. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

You enjoy throwing kids under the bus to advance your own agenda of edginess on the GID page. 

My daughter was the top performer for the best high school show choir orgaization in the MIdwest.

Yes - I know first hand up close, and through the pocket book, just how hard they work.

Just now, DT said:

My daughter was the top performer for the best high school show choir orgaization in the MIdwest.

Yes - I know first hand up close, and through the pocket book, just how hard they work.

Ive thrown no one under the bus.  I have a stronmg opinion on seniors and JV football

It is what it is.  Others are entitled to their opinion, as am I.

1 hour ago, BDGiant93 said:

I absolutely don’t like anything about this guy.  Constantly thinks he’s better than everyone else, talks down to people.  I truly can’t say what I want to say on this board, but if you can imagine it, I’m thinking it.

1 minute ago, Whiting89 said:

Not going to read all response but Jv is for underdeveloped freshman and sophomore. Seniors have no business playing JV

You’re right it is for underdeveloped players, but again, we’re about developing student athletes for life and giving them outlets to escape from the real world.  In some school districts, home life might be a disaster and football (or any extra-curricular activity) could be what keeps them from being on the streets or in an abusive home situation.  It’s not our place to tell that kid they can’t play the sport they love and to “go join show choir.”  Thankfully DT isn’t a Coach, otherwise we’d only have 280 schools playing, and if you suck for too long, you’re gone.  

High school is the last opportunity for these young adults to enjoy organized sports, and if they want to play JV, then are you kidding me that we should deny them that opportunity?  Get out of here with that nonsense!

Never in my world, but I get it, most people on this board have lived a privileged life and I’m not mad at you, whereas I’ve coached kids living in their parents car in the past.  They NEED US!!!  They NEED ACTIVITIES!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

You’re right it is for underdeveloped players, but again, we’re about developing student athletes for life and giving them outlets to escape from the real world.  In some school districts, home life might be a disaster and football (or any extra-curricular activity) could be what keeps them from being on the streets or in an abusive home situation.  It’s not our place to tell that kid they can’t play the sport they love and to “go join show choir.”  Thankfully DT isn’t a Coach, otherwise we’d only have 280 schools playing, and if you suck for too long, you’re gone.  

High school is the last opportunity for these young adults to enjoy organized sports, and if they want to play JV, then are you kidding me that we should deny them that opportunity?  Get out of here with that nonsense!

Never in my world, but I get it, most people on this board have lived a privileged life and I’m not mad at you, whereas I’ve coached kids living in their parents car in the past.  They NEED US!!!  They NEED ACTIVITIES!!!

Look at the big picture and everyone involved. Having seniors on Jv takes reps away from younger kids. This younger kids might get discouraged and quit. Think big picture and the life of the program, remember no one is bigger than the team.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Whiting89 said:

Look at the big picture and everyone involved. Having seniors on Jv takes reps away from younger kids. This younger kids might get discouraged and quit. Think big picture and the life of the program, remember no one is bigger than the team.

Kids lives are the big picture. Football is ultimately just a game. Developing quality human beings is the ultimate goal, not winning or losing. They're not professionals. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AG said:

Kids lives are the big picture. Football is ultimately just a game. Developing quality human beings is the ultimate goal, not winning or losing. They're not professionals. 

Absolutely agree! It is about developing human beings.  I could talk all day about being 85-6 as a jv/c coach! That is not what it is about! It is about creating strong young men who may not have that structure at home!

2 minutes ago, AG said:

And if they don’t have the talent to play have them as managers or student coaches. Nothing wrong with that. You don’t see kids with 2.2 gpa on the science Olympiad. Kids that can’t sing in choir. And the list goes on.