Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2 A Sectional 40

North Knox is better than it used to be.  I believe they did some work on the field in the last few years.  10 years ago... it may have been a mess.  Seemed like everything pooled up in certain spots.   I've not seen it after a big rain recently.  I'm guessing a crown and some type of drainage would make it better.  Of course, we are likely to have a couple inches by tomorrow... most fields will be a mess.

Maybe I am too much of a worrier, but after last week's game at Tell City I was worried that some of the Linton players might test positive this week.   I know that the Marksmen had about half of their team out, but you just never know with this crap.  I hope all of the players at TC are healthy again!

Well I'm sure a lot will want to watch rather than here... but... thats unfortunate. 

4 hours ago, itiswhatitis said:

Maybe I am too much of a worrier, but after last week's game at Tell City I was worried that some of the Linton players might test positive this week.   I know that the Marksmen had about half of their team out, but you just never know with this crap.  I hope all of the players at TC are healthy again!

worse than that.. I thought.. and still worry.... there were several that did make that drive... so anyone could bring it back.  The TC AD said most the Linton folks did not have masks in the stands... I hope he was exaggerating..

9 hours ago, Miner_Pride said:

Well I'm sure a lot will want to watch rather than here... but... thats unfortunate. 

worse than that.. I thought.. and still worry.... there were several that did make that drive... so anyone could bring it back.  The TC AD said most the Linton folks did not have masks in the stands... I hope he was exaggerating..

Well I hear there are no fans allowed at tonight's game.  They are only letting family members in.  That will probably be an all time smallest crowd ever for a Miner playoff game.   They tell people to wear masks for a reason.  Are they a pain in the butt?  Sure, but if they stop the spread I'm down with that.

1 hour ago, itiswhatitis said:

MD 30  North Knox  19.   

Linton 47  North Posey 17.

So the final is set.

I wonder if they will allow fans at the game next week?  If not, the atmosphere will be nothing like it normally is for a sectional final at Linton.

We won't know until next Wednesday.

2 hours ago, itiswhatitis said:

MD 30  North Knox  19.   

Linton 47  North Posey 17.

So the final is set.

I wonder if they will allow fans at the game next week?  If not, the atmosphere will be nothing like it normally is for a sectional final at Linton.

Any chance this game will be live-streamed as well as carried on radio?  

52 minutes ago, MDAlum82 said:

Any chance this game will be live-streamed as well as carried on radio?  

I haven't heard anything MDAlum, but this is just a guess.  Maybe it will be on IHSAA for the live stream?  I know it will be on WQTY (93.3) radio.  Darren Clayton and Miner Pride do the broadcasts and are very good.  They keep the listeners informed of what is going on with each play (down and distance, how much a play gained, who carried or caught the ball, and who made the tackle or got the turnover).  They also provide in game stats.   They provide a lot of detailed information.   More than most broadcast teams do.

Edited by itiswhatitis
  • Like 1

Im not just saying this to be a homer, but Dan an Darren do a great job with it. Get more information listening to them on radio than you do with the live stream guys like how much time on clock, what down it is, stats, dont hardly get that with other.

• Like 1