Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional 33

12 hours ago, Whiting89 said:

Is this the Andrean invitational? Will anyone compete?

i see wheeler Andrean final 

hopefully wheeler catches Andrean off guard.

4749E091-2398-4468-877A-2BD671699BBF.jpeg

My ability to predict home field berths in the IHSAA state tournament is close to my knowledge of possible postponements and potential rescheduling in the NFL but....

..........looks like you would be home against Andrean on November 6, right coach? 

Round 1 Set in Stone  

Andrean at Boone Grove (Valpo H.S.) 

Whiting at Hammond Noll 

Wheeler at North Newton 

Bowman at RCHS    

ROUND 2:  Scenarios:

Andrean and Whiting Wins:   Andrean at Whiting round 2

Andrean and Noll wins:   Noll at Andrean round 2

Boone Grove and Whiting Wins:   Boone Grove at Whiting 

Boone Grove and Noll Wins:   Boone Grove at Whiting 

Wheeler and RCHS Wins:   RCHS at Wheeler

NN and RCHS Wins:   NN at RCHS 

Wheeler and Bowman Wins:   Wheeler at Bowman 

NN and Bowman wins:   NN at Bowman 

Sectional Finals: Scenarios:

For Sake of answering your question and not going thru all the scenarios: 

Sectional Final HOST:  Will be the team who has had the least amount of home games in round 1/2 combined:   if both teams in the final have had same number of home and away games, the tie breaker goes to the team on the bottom of the bracket.   

For purpose of asking where would a potential RCHS Andrean game get to (NN and Wheeler are far improved than Wheeler last year, just see Lowell score and NN we were in a dogfight 1st half this year before gates broke in 3rd quarter) 

Andrean on Road round 1:    If Whiting wins then Andrean on road again round 2, so 2 road games.   

RCHS host round 1 game:   So doesn't matter where or who we play round 2, if we win, then we would have hosted a game , Andrean would not of, so they get the home game.   

Now if NOLL wins then Andrean would be host Noll and have 1 home game 1 road game.   If Wheeler wins over NN, then RCHS would have 1 and 1 same as Andrean then we host Andrean.

NOW:  for fun:  What happens if from now til Sectional Round 1 and a team has to shut down due to Covid....  Is that a No Contest?  Is that a forfeit?    Does the bracket stay the bracket with a no contest or with a forfeit?    Haha, good luck figuring that one out!!!    

As you can suspect from my seat:   Just need to take it 1 at a time and let the chips fall where they fall.    But the best defense in Indiana right now is the Covid 19.   If you make it through the entire tournament dodging and weaving that defense, then you will truly have earned your way, on top on the on field performance.  

• Like 2

On 10/11/2020 at 3:58 PM, Whiting89 said:

Is this the Andrean invitational? Will anyone compete?

i see wheeler Andrean final 

hopefully wheeler catches Andrean off guard.

4749E091-2398-4468-877A-2BD671699BBF.jpeg

As an Andrean fan, I hope they don’t look at it this way. I’ll take RC over Wheeler though, saw Wheeler get ran over by a solid Hanover Central team last week and was rather unimpressed. Haven’t seen RC at all this year but they’re usually disciplined and physical. Our games with them are usually pretty competitive. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.usa-365.com/

do not mind the prediction at all:   but We are heading to Wheeler not Hosting Wheeler 

Class 2A Sectional 33

ANDREAN (9-1) at Whiting (1-2):

WHITING (10-30-2020)
 An unfortunate matchup. Whiting has no chance against the top-ranked team in 2A. After six Covid-19 postponements, Whiting has played just three games and they got their first win last week. I don’t think they have more than 30 players on the varsity. Andrean has dominated almost everyone the last nine weeks. There’s no need to play this game.

ANDREAN 49, Whiting 0

Wheeler (7-3) at Rensselaer (6-4):

RENSSELAER (10-30-2020)
 One of the night’s better games. Both teams run the ball well so the weather will not be a factor. Two of Rensselaer’s four losses have been to Western (8-1) but one of Wheeler’s losses was to Lowell (8-1). Both sides lost to Kankakee Valley. I don't have a deciding factor here so I’m going with the home team in a match of two distant schools.

Rensselaer 35, Wheeler 28

• Like 1

3.) (2A) Andrean (8-1)
2019 (10-4), 2018 (10-2), 2017 (8-4), 2016 (5-6), 2015 (7-4)

MERRILLVILLE: Andrean looked good in a 35-14 shut down of the Devils from Lowell last week. The 59ers rolled up 385 total yards and QB Joe Cimino threw four TD passes. It was 28-0 Andrean at the half and Lowell went home with their first loss of the season. Okay, now teams that face Andrean in the Class 2A playoffs are going to have to be REALLY creative. If it was my team, I would ask if our side could use 12 players and maybe let our parents be referees. I think Andrean should only get three downs instead of four and 59er touchdowns should only count as five points. No? Well, then here comes the pain. Because Andrean has outscored its last eight opponents 318-72. The 59ers open at Boone Grove this Friday in the Class 2A Sectional 33 quarterfinals. Andrean beat Boone 27-0 last year.

Made me giggle !!!   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

one of the ignorant statements I have ever read on these boards and that is truly saying something..  

No I believe a successful program has many variables from coaching, community support, community resources, numbers, school resources etc. I don’t think it’s fair to blame someone or praise a singular group for success or failure it is a collaborative effort.

2 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Oopsie:    

@Whiting89 

Your Alma Mater is in REAL GOOD HANDS...   might want to get on board...

Bretts a good guy! We talk on Twitter quite a bit!

On 10/28/2020 at 12:41 PM, Coach Nowlin said:

3.) (2A) Andrean (8-1)
2019 (10-4), 2018 (10-2), 2017 (8-4), 2016 (5-6), 2015 (7-4)

MERRILLVILLE: Andrean looked good in a 35-14 shut down of the Devils from Lowell last week. The 59ers rolled up 385 total yards and QB Joe Cimino threw four TD passes. It was 28-0 Andrean at the half and Lowell went home with their first loss of the season. Okay, now teams that face Andrean in the Class 2A playoffs are going to have to be REALLY creative. If it was my team, I would ask if our side could use 12 players and maybe let our parents be referees. I think Andrean should only get three downs instead of four and 59er touchdowns should only count as five points. No? Well, then here comes the pain. Because Andrean has outscored its last eight opponents 318-72. The 59ers open at Boone Grove this Friday in the Class 2A Sectional 33 quarterfinals. Andrean beat Boone 27-0 last year.

Made me giggle !!!   

I read somewhere the Walsh kid used to be a BG kid. 

A backfield of Vann, him and Mayersky? 😨 would have been legit.