Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

HNAC Week #9

The last week of conference play is finally here!  An entire season of speculating would we have a conference champion?  Would some team separate themselves from the pack?  Those questions will be answered when Pioneer and North Judson face-off on Friday night at Liberty Field.  Predictions, discussions, and of course smack talk is most welcome this week.  

Caston at Knox ©, 7:30 pm
LaVille at Culver ©, 7 pm
Pioneer at North Judson ©, 7:30 pm
Winamac at Triton ©, 7 pm
Edited by Duke of Denham

1 hour ago, Duke of Denham said:

The last week of conference play is finally here!  An entire season of speculating would we have a conference champion?  Would some team separate themselves from the pack?  Those questions will be answered when Pioneer and North Judson face-off on Friday night at Liberty Field.  Predictions, discussions, and of course smack talk is most welcome this week.  

Knox

LaVille

Winamac

Panthers

46 minutes ago, FinePrint said:

Only one close game this week and it won't be the Jays and Panthers.

I bet the Jays/Panthers game will be tighter than the Warriors/Trojans game. 

3 hours ago, Football Guru 25 said:

Knox

LaVille 

Triton

Pathers BIG!!!   Enough said!

Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016     Just using the GIF - not being political... 

• Haha 1

Won't be at the game this weekend. I'll be at Twin Lakes Vs Cass.

Not sure what to expect from Winamac/Triton 

Triton played Knox super tough even though Knox didn't have Zac Rose, both Lovins and Wagner. 

Winamac just has to stay healthy, finish drives, limit penalities and turnovers..  They do that. I think they'll win 

If I was RR.. any meaningful skilled guy wouldn't play Friday.  Knox should cruise .

North Judson will play PHS tough for a bit but Panthers just too much. 

LaVille beats Culver.

Edited by TheStatGuy
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, footballer_02 said:

I bet the Jays/Panthers game will be tighter than the Warriors/Trojans game. 

If I was a betting man, I'd take that one.  Of course it's possible the Trojans could run all over the Warriors... so I could be wrong.  😁

Judson has scored exactly 1 TD against good teams this year.  Pioneer's defense will be the best they've faced by far.  Maybe the Jay's defense will keep it close for a while, but I just don't see it being a game deep into the second half.

6 hours ago, FinePrint said:

If I was a betting man, I'd take that one.  Of course it's possible the Trojans could run all over the Warriors... so I could be wrong.  😁

Judson has scored exactly 1 TD against good teams this year.  Pioneer's defense will be the best they've faced by far.  Maybe the Jay's defense will keep it close for a while, but I just don't see it being a game deep into the second half.

CMA would beat laville by a couple scores. Jays had a lot of breaks against CMA but pulled it out! Laville on the other hand had many breaks against the jays and still got beat! Jays are 2 or 3 scores better than Laville if they could score at the one yard line😂 jays deserve more credit for that CMA game then they are given. Beat a 4a school who had a few players with good college offers... I’d say they have scored more than one touchdown on good teams

Knox by 20

LaVille by 20

Pioneer by 17

Triton-Winamac toss up . . . . going with Triton by 3

My two cents . . .  keep the change

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

chopping ur meat during championship week

with Spanky Harper

first stroke:

knox 12 v caston 6

2020 has been an utter disappointment for the knox team. coming off a big 2019, the hopes and expectations in knox were quite high. then Ross Rattkey came to town. wvki’s Harold Winter anointed the knox team state championship contenders in 2020. the only thing rusty will be contending for this year is the 100 meter dash to his next coaching job. knox will be left in the lurch come spring just like portage. it was a fun experiment and waste of a good roster.  knox knuckles this one out by a good 6 points.  

beating:

laville 35 v culver 0

culver looks like trash since king left the squad.  culver's offense is so boring it makes me want to paint my house with lead based paint, watch the lead based paint dry, eat the lead chips from the wall,  struggle with the loss of brain cells and suffer long-term damage, recover fully from the hospital,  get discharged, find a quality therapist  work through years of trauma and pain AND I WOULD STILL have a better time than watching culver attempt to manufacture points.  laville will crack one off on offense and pitch the shut out.

smacking around:

triton 21 v winamac 14

coach hendrix regrets leaving knox almost as much as he regrets moving further away from mexico lindo.  i might be edging my bets, but triton will take this one.  

busting OUT:

north judson 28 pioneer 27

been flying a plane all over starke/pulaski/cass crop-dusting fields. occasionally, i fly over to jasper to check in on them bombers. maybe it's the fumes? maybe it's the roundup? maybe it's the whiskey? but them jays only have one stain on their record and i got them winning this in a close one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Spanky Harper said:

chopping ur meat during championship week

with Spanky Harper

first stroke:

knox 12 v caston 6

2020 has been an utter disappointment for the knox team. coming off a big 2019, the hopes and expectations in knox were quite high. then Ross Rattkey came to town. wvki’s Harold Winter anointed the knox team state championship contenders in 2020. the only thing rusty will be contending for this year is the 100 meter dash to his next coaching job. knox will be left in the lurch come spring just like portage. it was a fun experiment and waste of a good roster.  knox knuckles this one out by a good 6 points.  

beating:

laville 35 v culver 0

culver looks like trash since king left the squad.  culver's offense is so boring it makes me want to paint my house with lead based paint, watch the lead based paint dry, eat the lead chips from the wall,  struggle with the loss of brain cells and suffer long-term damage, recover fully from the hospital,  get discharged, find a quality therapist  work through years of trauma and pain AND I WOULD STILL have a better time than watching culver attempt to manufacture points.  laville will crack one off on offense and pitch the shut out.

smacking around:

triton 21 v winamac 14

coach hendrix regrets leaving knox almost as much as he regrets moving further away from mexico lindo.  i might be edging my bets, but triton will take this one.  

busting OUT:

north judson 28 pioneer 27

been flying a plane all over starke/pulaski/cass crop-dusting fields. occasionally, i fly over to jasper to check in on them bombers. maybe it's the fumes? maybe it's the roundup? maybe it's the whiskey? but them jays only have one stain on their record and i got them winning this in a close one.

I bet you John doesn't regret leaving Knox.

He is coaching at his alma mater with his brother and brother in law. All 3 played here, John and marks dad was a huge part of the program until his death in 2006.  He continued to live in Pulaski County when he coached at Northwestern and Knox. 

Ill say that I am shocked Knox finishing at 5-4. They were really on par to run the table before John left. 

If Judson couldn't score on Knox and could only muster 6 points against LaVille. How the hell are they gonna score 28 points on Pioneer. 

Edited by TheStatGuy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, TheStatGuy said:

I bet you John doesn't regret leaving Knox.

He is coaching at his alma mater with his brother and brother in law. All 3 played here, John and marks dad was a huge part of the program until his death in 2006.  He continued to live in Pulaski County when he coached at Northwestern and Knox. 

Ill say that I am shocked Knox finishing at 5-4. They were really on par to run the table before John left. 

If Judson couldn't score on Knox and could only muster 6 points against LaVille. How the hell are they gonna score 28 points on Pioneer. 

Shoulda, woulda, coulda... Since Laville scored 42 on Knox, how the hell did they only score 7 on Judson??? Football is a played on the field, not by analyzing numbers. 

Edited by footballer_02
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, footballer_02 said:

Shoulda, woulda, coulda... Since Laville scored 42 on Knox, how the hell did they only score 7 on Judson??? Football is a played on the field, not by analyzing numbers. 

First three words are the first three commandments for many a writer on Gridiron.

• Like 1

https://gridirondigest.net/clients/donations/

Don't forget that our Booster Drive is still ongoing:  *** cough cough **** @Duke of Denham :classic_biggrin:

I thought I read somehwere you were wanting to join the booster club 

Also, @Spanky Harper I have a laser.....  come over the field again and you get said laser!!!  :classic_ninja:

1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

https://gridirondigest.net/clients/donations/

Don't forget that our Booster Drive is still ongoing:  *** cough cough **** @Duke of Denham :classic_biggrin:

I thought I read somehwere you were wanting to join the booster club 

Also, @Spanky Harper I have a laser.....  come over the field again and you get said laser!!!  :classic_ninja:

I have sent the check out with my winnings from the Triton game.  Judson keeps winning and I'll keep donating.  

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, footballer_02 said:

North Judson's pass defense is much better than Knox's and that made you guys run the ball more which isn't LaVille's strongest suit.. Plus Czarnecki didn't connect on field goals. 

12 minutes ago, footballer_02 said:

giphy.gif 

Truth hurts buddy. You found out the hard way Friday. 

Judson's a solid team with a really good head coach and solid talent in the 8th through 10th grades. You think they are decent now, wait till Harper and Allen are seniors mixed in with Benson who'll be a junior. They'll make this jays team look like West Central. 

I saw LaVille and North Judson play this year.  I thought Judson was the better team and in regards to Knox. Knox strength would be stopping the run and weakness is stopping the pass. North Judson's pass game is better than last year but it isn't as strong as their run game...so it was a good match up for Knox.. When it came to Knox/LaVille.. LaVille's strength was Knox's weakness and Czarnecki having a good night booting the ball made a huge difference and created a mismatch. I also think Rose going down killed them in that game too. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

Judson's a solid team with a really good head coach and solid talent in the 8th through 10th grades. You think they are decent now, wait till Harper and Allen are seniors mixed in with Benson who'll be a junior. They'll make this jays team look like West Central. 

I saw LaVille and North Judson play this year.  I thought Judson was the better team and in regards to Knox. Knox strength would be stopping the run and weakness is stopping the pass. North Judson's pass game is better than last year but it isn't as strong as their run game...so it was a good match up for Knox.. When it came to Knox/LaVille.. LaVille's strength was Knox's weakness and Czarnecki having a good night booting the ball made a huge difference and created a mismatch. I also think Rose going down killed them in that game too. 

Not too often I agree with stat guy but he is on point.  Knox lost rose who had combined 1000 yds rushing and passing thru 5 games and was playing well in secondary til he got hurt 2nd series of game vs laville.   Knox fell apart after he went down.   And just like I said last week before game Judson is a better team than laville.  Really like their defense and run game.    

3 hours ago, TheStatGuy said:

I’m a North Judson guy. You’re getting yourself confused... 

3 hours ago, TheStatGuy said:

I was implying that analyzing how much one team scores on an opponent and how much another team scores on that same opponent  isn’t how football works. A teams potential can’t be judged by looking at scores. 

29 minutes ago, footballer_02 said:

I was implying that analyzing how much one team scores on an opponent and how much another team scores on that same opponent  isn’t how football works. A teams potential can’t be judged by looking at scores. 

Duh. I know how "football works" 

Pioneer's run defense is wayyy better than Knox's and LaVille's. If your offense struggled against a decent run defenses and only muster 13 points combined. They aren't gonna score 28 on Pioneer. Hampton has improved a ton throwing the ball but i don't know if he can throw it well enough for their offense to score 28. 

If North Judson can get a pick six and a special teams touchdown, i could see them scoring that or if both lewellen twins got hurt. 

I see it being 35-7 or 42-14 though.

Caston at Knox - I know Knox is shorthanded, but they did not impress me at all last week.  Triton should have won that game and just let it slip away.  But the Redskins should have enough to take down the Comets.  Not a huge blowout, but it will never be in doubt.  Knox 35-7
LaVille at Culver - Culver's defense hasn't been good.  I can't see them stopping LaVille.  I'll take the Lancers with a running clock.  LaVille 42-6
Pioneer at North Judson - Every time we see a conference team that looks pretty solid, we all want to jump on the bandwagon and give Pioneer their first HNAC loss.  But every time we do, the Panthers remind us just what kind of team they are.  Judson is a good team and I think they have a shot to play into mid-November, but they aren't Pioneer good.  I think the Jays will run some clock, but will ultimately struggle to put up points.  Pioneer 30-7
Winamac at Triton - The best game of the week in my opinion.  Triton has looked pretty decent in a couple of games, but they haven't been very consistent.  Probably due to their youth at some key positions.  I think the Trojans would have the same record had they played the Warrior's schedule.  Triton's kicking game cost them last week.  I think they redeem themselves this week and win by a field goal.  Triton 24-22