Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

HNAC Week #9

I saw on another thread that the sectional game between Goshen and Mishawaka was going to count as their conference game since they didn't get to play during the regular season.  Why couldn't the semi-final game between Pioneer and LaVille (if it happens) be the same?  Count it as the conference matchup for final placing.  If LaVille wins they share the title.  If Pioneer wins they are the outright champion.  Pretty simple if you ask me.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FarmerFran said:

If you're saying that Pioneer wasn't conference champ this year you're an idiot.

Funny. On JH you said "Pioneer doesn't celebrate conference titles"

So when you quitting? After this year or after next season?

27 minutes ago, Cover 4 said:

Just because they are not celebrated doesn’t mean they are not earned.

Never said it wasn't earned. 

By the tweets on twitter, seems like SB was wrong. Seems like their conf championship was celebrated. 

Again. I wonder if SB is leaving after this year or after next. I know he'll be bailing before these sophomores get to be seniors. 

37 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

Funny. On JH you said "Pioneer doesn't celebrate conference titles"

So when you quitting? After this year or after next season?

Honestly don’t remember what I said or when I said it. Why would I quit though? The next few years are going to be a lot of fun as a coach getting to see the next reload of Panthers. 

We were supposed to be “down” after the seniors in 15 graduated. We were supposed to be “down” after Jack’s class graduated and still were able to run the table in conference. 

Will we be a different team after this season? Absolutely we will, it would be ignorant to say otherwise. We’ll be losing a senior class that has been a part of 2 state championship teams. However, we always have guys step up and our staff will always have our kids prepared for whoever we’re playing. 

I personally don’t coach to win conference titles or have “moral victories” like some of our friends in the HNAC. Maybe I’ve been spoiled by our recent success, but for me any goal less than a state title is settling. 

I coach because I love this team and the tradition we have. We have great kids and a staff that is family. I’m gonna be here for a loooooooonnnnngggg time. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, FarmerFran said:

Honestly don’t remember what I said or when I said it. Why would I quit though? The next few years are going to be a lot of fun as a coach getting to see the next reload of Panthers. 

We were supposed to be “down” after the seniors in 15 graduated. We were supposed to be “down” after Jack’s class graduated and still were able to run the table in conference. 

Will we be a different team after this season? Absolutely we will, it would be ignorant to say otherwise. We’ll be losing a senior class that has been a part of 2 state championship teams. However, we always have guys step up and our staff will always have our kids prepared for whoever we’re playing. 

I personally don’t coach to win conference titles or have “moral victories” like some of our friends in the HNAC. Maybe I’ve been spoiled by our recent success, but for me any goal less than a state title is settling. 

I coach because I love this team and the tradition we have. We have great kids and a staff that is family. I’m gonna be here for a loooooooonnnnngggg time. 

Never remember reading on here pioneer was going to have a down year.   

1 hour ago, Mayo77 said:

Never remember reading on here pioneer was going to have a down year.   

Same here. I thought Knox after last year could have given them a game or even beat them but them alone.

I know a few Pioneer fans feel they'll start to "drop" a bit once Ezra and Addai graduate and I think the feeling around some of the conference is thinking that too. 

NJ is coming. 

If RR stays at Knox. They'll be contenders on a routinely basis. 

LaVille has some really nice sophomores and freshman and I know had success against Pioneer in middle school. 

If Winamac is gonna do it it'll be next year, if not then it won't be till these 8th graders are seniors. 

3 hours ago, FarmerFran said:

Really? I know for a fact you almost quit after Jack graduated and I know you stated on multiple occasions that you wanted two more chances at state and you felt that Ezra and Addai's jr and sr year were the last two chances to do it and I know you think it's gonna start to "fall" once these 8th, 7th, 6th and 5th get to be juniors, sophs, freshman and 8th graders. 

You can lie all you want on here but I know the truth. I know plenty of people that know you outside of your brother and nephews. 

Edited by TheStatGuy

32 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

Really? I know for a fact you almost quit after Jack graduated and I know you stated on multiple occasions that you wanted two more chances at state and you felt that Ezra and Addai's jr and sr year were the last two chances to do it and I know you think it's gonna start to "fall" once these 8th, 7th, 6th and 5th get to be juniors, sophs, freshman and 8th graders. 

You can lie all you want on here but I know the truth. I know plenty of people that know you outside of your brother and nephews. 

Don’t have any brothers Sherlock, but nice try...

Also, at Pioneer we don’t wait for the classes 5 to 10 years down the road to start winning games. Get excited about youth league and jr high scores all you want... Those leagues are for teaching fundamentals, not win-loss records. If our freshman come in knowing wing t fundamentals and how to get to the ball on defense I’m a happy camper.

We know the conference is going to be more competitive in the coming years. 

Judson is going to be a problem next year. 

Hendryx will get Winamac turned around. 

Laville has a great young qb and a lot of youth getting valueable reps this year. 

I’ll still take the Panthers 🙂 

Im done on this subject for now you know what they say about arguing with idiots....

• Like 4

2 hours ago, FarmerFran said:

Don’t have any brothers Sherlock, but nice try...

Also, at Pioneer we don’t wait for the classes 5 to 10 years down the road to start winning games. Get excited about youth league and jr high scores all you want... Those leagues are for teaching fundamentals, not win-loss records. If our freshman come in knowing wing t fundamentals and how to get to the ball on defense I’m a happy camper.

We know the conference is going to be more competitive in the coming years. 

Judson is going to be a problem next year. 

Hendryx will get Winamac turned around. 

Laville has a great young qb and a lot of youth getting valueable reps this year. 

I’ll still take the Panthers 🙂 

Im done on this subject for now you know what they say about arguing with idiots....

Im the idiot? Im not the one who believes dinosaurs never existed

Keep lying though. 

bf104a83-2dc9-4a52-b724-503d4ccfdeca-de1585a5-5aab-4f56-8d28-40d0d782dedf-getty-168839744.jpg

I watched the NJ / Pioneer game yesterday and came away with a deeper respect for the Jays than I had previously!  Judson played hard and did some of the things you must do to beat a team like Pioneer.  They controlled some clock, got some first downs, didn't give up a lot of big plays, made the Panthers earn their scores for the most part.  I definitely like the Blue Jays in their sectional and think they have a decent shot to represent the Northwest quadrant in the 1A semi state, especially if they get to host LCC in the regional.

As for Pioneer... I hate losing to them by 50 every year, but I love watching that team play!  They are so fundamentally strong and disciplined!  It's just awesome!  Bremen is probably the only team in their sectional that has a chance to play with them.  But even though they play 3A & 4A teams, they haven't seen a team like Pioneer.  I just enjoy watching them execute.  It's a thing of beauty!

I was watching a video stream between LaVille and Culver.

Not sure if many other HNAC people other than the LaVille followers have noticed this, but Coach Hostrawser's entire offensive starting line is two sophomores and three freshmen. Or at least thats what I saw.

They also have a freshman QB, who has done just fine following the injury to one of the IMO better quarterbacks in the HNAC coming into this season.    They also have another sophomore lined up at fullback.  Some nice talent over the next couple of years.

And, unless I miss my count - which is possible - I did see a freshman and four sophomores starting on defense.

The senior class is talented and a hungry bunch of Lancers trying to lead the underclassmen.  Both LaVille and Pioneer have to win first round games to foce a second rount contest at Lancer Field in the semifinal round of the state tournament, but let's get there first.  Let the boys take care of business in the first round, then we can have those discussions about a Pioneer-LaVille match up.  I, too, think it would be a good idea for the Pioneer-LaVille game to count in the HNAC standings.  Would close the gap on the eight games that were missed during the regular season.

Just some ramblings from_the_sidelines007

As always the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

• Thanks 1