Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PAC WEEK 9

Curious if GS should rest starters against Boonville or play it like any other game?  We certainly need to be 100% healthy against HH as I believe we will be facing a totally different HH team in the first round of the sectional then what we seen in our first meeting.  6-3 looks better than 5-4 on paper but is the second Boonville game important to win?        

36 minutes ago, GS Titan 78 said:

Curious if GS should rest starters against Boonville or play it like any other game?  We certainly need to be 100% healthy against HH as I believe we will be facing a totally different HH team in the first round of the sectional then what we seen in our first meeting.  6-3 looks better than 5-4 on paper but is the second Boonville game important to win?        

I think it’s important to win. 

but more as a checkup before sectionals. GS has certainly improved on defense. I think this game should show us how much the team has improved.

also playing the starters against a run heavy team like boonville certainly helps prepare the team for run heavy teams like HH

On 10/12/2020 at 11:04 AM, sr1 said:

The Evansville newspaper said that the game was moved up to Thursday due to no officials being available on Friday.

This is why it's so important that coaches and fans alike treat officials with the upmost respect. It's hard enough to get officials. We don't need to be chasing them off because they may of missed a call or we at least we think they did. This is going to continue to be a problem. 

2 hours ago, GS Titan 78 said:

Totally different indeed....we have played much of this season with a junior and 3 sophomores in the backfield.  That isn't to take anything away from them, they have done the best they can, and they are good.  It is just difficult when you are 15 years old going against a man.  I have heard that these kids have learned their lesson with this stupid covid tracing and many of them are sitting in the floor in the corner of the classrooms so they don't breach 6 foot of anyone for 15 minutes or whatever it is that the CDC is saying today.

I think the team that will be different is GS. Defense has improved exponentially.  

43 minutes ago, GS Titan 78 said:

Well I'd like to see us keep him under 200 yards rushing.  Not sure that's possible he's a special talent.    

If Boonville comes out first drive in the spread offense Id be willing to bet that happens. Southridge held him to a lil over 100 yards but that was with Boonvilles mostly backup Oline and in the rain running that same spread offense. Mt.Vernon shut it down on the first drive then the offense was changed.... Heck Mockobee had Negative rushing yards late in the 2nd qtr of the Heritage Hills game until he broke a big one and the Offensive calls where changed after half to get him in the best situation to do what he does. Every opposing team knows he's gonna get the ball. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mockstangboyz said:

If Boonville comes out first drive in the spread offense Id be willing to bet that happens. Southridge held him to a lil over 100 yards but that was with Boonvilles mostly backup Oline and in the rain running that same spread offense. Mt.Vernon shut it down on the first drive then the offense was changed.... Heck Mockobee had Negative rushing yards late in the 2nd qtr of the Heritage Hills game until he broke a big one and the Offensive calls where changed after half to get him in the best situation to do what he does. Every opposing team knows he's gonna get the ball. 

It is clear every week that you would prefer different formations and play calling.  Maybe you are right I don't know.  I have a feeling the staff has a pretty good idea where the ball should go LOL.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

It is clear every week that you would prefer different formations and play calling.  Maybe you are right I don't know.  I have a feeling the staff has a pretty good idea where the ball should go LOL.

😆 hey now I will say this the Mt.Vernon game was called great after the first drive pretty much exactly what I've been saying the past 2 years 😆 The play action pass game was wide open. 

Edited by Mockstangboyz

17 hours ago, Mockstangboyz said:

😆 hey now I will say this the Mt.Vernon game was called great after the first drive pretty much exactly what I've been saying the past 2 years 😆 The play action pass game was wide open. 

Good luck tonight.  Hope the rain comes and is gone by early afternoon.  Sitting in the rain and cool weather is hard on this old man but I'm looking forward to the game as it should be a good one.  Go GS!!  

On 10/13/2020 at 1:17 PM, DumfriesYMCA said:

I think it’s important to win. 

but more as a checkup before sectionals. GS has certainly improved on defense. I think this game should show us how much the team has improved.

also playing the starters against a run heavy team like boonville certainly helps prepare the team for run heavy teams like HH

Win! Its why you play the game.

• Like 1