Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

DTs Dandy Dozen - Final Observations before the tournament

Guest DT

1 hour ago, Staxawax said:

Both have new head coaches.  Sometimes it takes awhile to build your program.

I am going to stick up for my buddy at Fisher, Curt Funk, AND ALL NEW HEAD COACHES at NEW SCHOOLS

What a very very tough situation to be in as a brand new coach going back to last winter time.   Then March hits and you can do Zoom installs all you want, zoom meetings all you want, that does not replace in person teaching/coaching.  

So to all the new head coaches as new schools, I feel for you, keep grinding away.    But the Covid has been tough for all, but moreso for NEW HC at NEW SCHOOLS.   

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

I am going to stick up for my buddy at Fisher, Curt Funk, AND ALL NEW HEAD COACHES at NEW SCHOOLS

What a very very tough situation to be in as a brand new coach going back to last winter time.   Then March hits and you can do Zoom installs all you want, zoom meetings all you want, that does not replace in person teaching/coaching.  

So to all the new head coaches as new schools, I feel for you, keep grinding away.    But the Covid has been tough for all, but moreso for NEW HC at NEW SCHOOLS.   

Plus one of his top receivers was declared ineligible. That had to hurt.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, WestfieldRocks said:

I don't know about surpassing both Avon and BBurg, but Jake Gilbert has really built a program during his time as head coach of Westfield. Besides the 8-1 varsity record, both the JV and Freshman teams are undefeated, playing the same schedule as the varsity. Several of the top varsity players are underclassmen, primarily their QB Maximus Webster, defensive player Popeye Williams, and Micha Houser, who is not only a quality running back, but also plays on defense and special teams. Against Brownsburg, he had an almost unheard of 25 tackles. besides almost 100 rushing yards and 2 TDs.

I was shocked how easily Westfield disposed of Fishers at their place last week. Then again, I never expected them to put up 43 at Brownsburg and 59 against Avon. This area is growing so fast, but so are Avon, Brownsburg and Fishers. Most are families with kids, so there has been an influx in talent. Surveys show that the school system and Grand Park are big reasons families are moving here.  It also helps to have one of the best high school stadiums.  I'm not sure why Fishers is so down this season. HSE is having a good year at 6-2.  

I think those same kids have been Hamilton County middle school champs every year that they've had a championship.  They have a solid program from elementary through middle school.  It's not unusual to see Coach Gilbert at elementary practices and games, and he was always on our middle school sidelines for every home game when I coached there.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Ballhawk said:

I think those same kids have been Hamilton County middle school champs every year that they've had a championship.  They have a solid program from elementary through middle school.  It's not unusual to see Coach Gilbert at elementary practices and games, and he was always on our middle school sidelines for every home game when I coached there.

Their youth league has been solid for decades. My cousin started it with his own money for uniforms and his son is still very actively involved with it.

• Like 2