Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Open Club  ·  47 members  ·  Free

OOB v2.0

Hiatus

Guest DT

Due to the current unsettled state of the forum, I have decided to take a  posting hiatus until after the tournament so you all can focus on the games and the players themselves and not be distracted by non game related discussion.

I will be here, reading only.

Enjoy the post season

DT

1 hour ago, DT said:

Due to the current unsettled state of the forum, I have decided to take a  posting hiatus until after the tournament so you all can focus on the games and the players themselves and not be distracted by non game related discussion.

Enjoy the post season

DT

Gump Wave GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DT said:

Enjoy the post season

DT

I’ll miss you, buddy.  Sure we’ve been an opposite sides of the spectrum at times, but you seem to have a good grasp on football.  

Be well.

Imagine if you @DT were not seen as the thin skinned one, and rather, all of the people whose feelings get hurt just read your commentary for what it is.  I do not agree with a lot of what you post, but that is actually a good thing.  We need more positive disagreements in our society, rather than the, "You are wrong, you suck, so shut up and go away!" mentality that has infiltrated so many areas of our lives.  Imagine where our game would be today if there were never any dissenters and everyone was ok with just going with the flow.  Kuddos to you and your unpopular opinions Mr. @DT!

Edited by eschnur66
typo
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, eschnur66 said:

Imagine if you @DT were not seen as the thin shinned one, and rather, all of the people whose feelings get hurt just read your commentary for what it is.  I do not agree with a lot of what you post, but that is actually a good thing.  We need more positive disagreements in our society, rather than the, "You are wrong, you suck, so shut up and go away!" mentality that has infiltrated so many areas of our society.  Imagine where our game would be today if there were never any dissenters and everyone was ok with just going with the flow.  Kuddos to you and your unpopular opinions Mr. @DT!

Ive been doing this for 17 years.  If I were thin skinned I would have been gone long ago.

Too many snowflakes have infiltrated our forum.  They want a kinder, more peaceful GID with a kumbaya mentality.

They shall have it.  I have no skin in the game.  

People here seem to only want to focus on "facts."  Without opinion and commentary, the site is basically unreadable, at least in my view

Good Day😃

12 minutes ago, eschnur66 said:

Imagine if you @DT were not seen as the thin skinned one, and rather, all of the people whose feelings get hurt just read your commentary for what it is.  I do not agree with a lot of what you post, but that is actually a good thing.  We need more positive disagreements in our society, rather than the, "You are wrong, you suck, so shut up and go away!" mentality that has infiltrated so many areas of our lives.  Imagine where our game would be today if there were never any dissenters and everyone was ok with just going with the flow.  Kuddos to you and your unpopular opinions Mr. @DT!

Nothing wrong with disagreement. But DT chose to take his ball and go home. Not any of our faults he can't handle it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sit and spin 1

1 minute ago, Footballking16 said:

Nothing wrong with disagreement. But DT chose to take his ball and go home. Not any of our faults he can't handle it. 

Big difference with disagreeing and attacking.  Many, many posters on here that want to attack someone who has a differing opinion, rather than offer up alternatives or banter back and forth.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Spare me that DT is the victim in all this

Several posters have threated to leave 

I dont want to see GID membership reduced on my account.

This is the better option

5 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Spare me that DT is the victim in all this

I never used the word victim, as he is not a victim.  However, it seems that as time passes, people whose opinions do not fit the narrative of the masses are not engaged with in discussion. Rather, they are attacked for being a dissenter.  Do you want me to apologize for feeling different?   I like that he posts things that drive discussion.  I wish that I had more time to engage in banter about these topics, but I do not.  I just enjoy reading his take, but honestly when all of the responses are that you suck, you are wrong, or OMG, I cannot believe that you think that, it gets really boring.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, eschnur66 said:

I never used the word victim, as he is not a victim.  However, it seems that as time passes, people whose opinions do not fit the narrative of the masses are not engaged with in discussion. Rather, they are attacked for being a dissenter. 

Intolerance is the order of the day in America now. There is no such thing as disagreeing without being disagreeable.

13 hours ago, Bobref said:

Intolerance is the order of the day in America now. There is no such thing as disagreeing without being disagreeable.

That is the thing I like the least about our society today.  It is impacting what and how I teach my own young children!