Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

WRC Week 9

Last week of the regular season. 2 definite blowouts and one possibly. 
North Vermillions 1-7 @ Seegers 5-2

The Woofs of Parke Heritage 5-1 @ Fountain Centrals 1-5

South Vermillions 7-1 @ Attica 4-2.

First 2 games over early. Attica might hang with the former D1’s for a while. 

Looks like the covids keeps Covington and RP in street clothes this week. 

Anybody have anything to argue about this week? Got to 4 pages last week so let it rip. 
If you’d like to be a badass like me and get your name in red you should send 30 bucks to the GIDs. I swear to God you should. This crap ain’t free and DK Barons, Coach Nowlins and several others put a lot of time on this page. I’ve done it for 11 seasons. I gotta go 

My picks 

Seeger may be a little closer then expected at Herbie may try some new things to give SV a different look come sectionals 

PH. Hope everyone comes out healthy. Does both teams have everyone playing this week? 

SV not sure they are even worrying a about the Ramblers as they are busy preparing for their undefeated WRC pep rally. I would save the celebration for their tournament run. 

If Attica drops out of Friday nights game they shouldn’t be allowed to play in sectionals. If they are dodging teams that they cant beat , then they have no business playing.
Scenario, they play NV in the opening round and win then are they going to forfeit the game against South Put? The NV kids have battled all year so I hope they win so we don’t even have to discuss it. 

Was the Tri County - Covington game canceled due to Covington not being able to play?

I'd like to think Attica isn't just ducking opponents they don't want to play.  If that were true, what message does that send their kids?  I would hope there is more integrity there than what is being accused.  Please enlighten me Mr. Baker!

Crazy things going on over in the WRC.  Praying Covid doesn’t ruin the tournament for any team.  VB sectional game delayed between RP and SP due to Covid.  They were suppose to play last night, moved to Saturday.  Wonder if IHSSA is going to do this for football teams?

Edited by speaglefan

2 hours ago, Ballhawk said:

Was the Tri County - Covington game canceled due to Covington not being able to play?

I'd like to think Attica isn't just ducking opponents they don't want to play.  If that were true, what message does that send their kids?  I would hope there is more integrity there than what is being accused.  Please enlighten me Mr. Baker!

Covington shut school down last week due to the covids and cancelled their game. There’s been a spike in Fountain county. Have to wonder if Beef House traffic is having an impact. 2 weeks ago a northern and southern school met in Covington for a game at the complex, maybe some covids germs there? I just talked to my Attica contact, he’s an Attica legend I swear to God he is. Several players are already in quarantines and several more waiting for test results. They also moved the volleyball sectional from Attica to North Vermillions so I’d say it’s serious. And for little @JohnnyFootball it’s the school’s job to keep everyone safe. 2nd and foremost if they have enough players the IHSAA won’t make them sit out. I can think of at least one team that skipped a couple of games. 

19 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

Covington shut school down last week due to the covids and cancelled their game. There’s been a spike in Fountain county. Have to wonder if Beef House traffic is having an impact. 2 weeks ago a northern and southern school met in Covington for a game at the complex, maybe some covids germs there? I just talked to my Attica contact, he’s an Attica legend I swear to God he is. Several players are already in quarantines and several more waiting for test results. They also moved the volleyball sectional from Attica to North Vermillions so I’d say it’s serious. And for little @JohnnyFootball it’s the school’s job to keep everyone safe. 2nd and foremost if they have enough players the IHSAA won’t make them sit out. I can think of at least one team that skipped a couple of games. 

Donnie didn’t mean to ruffle your feathers. I said “if they are dodging teams they didn’t want to play” if it’s covid that’s different.

So they had covid issues the week of Seeger, PH, and SV? If they have it that bad they shouldn’t of played anyone. Or are you saying that they would physically get kids hurt playing those teams? 

Yes, we all know PH didn’t play a couple games, that’s old news, still don’t know the whole story about the West Vigo game. But really who cares at this point. 

I have a feeling that the tournament and this fall will end up like the spring did. Lets hope not. 

13 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Donnie didn’t mean to ruffle your feathers. I said “if they are dodging teams they didn’t want to play” if it’s covid that’s different.

So they had covid issues the week of Seeger, PH, and SV? If they have it that bad they shouldn’t of played anyone. Or are you saying that they would physically get kids hurt playing those teams? 

Yes, we all know PH didn’t play a couple games, that’s old news, still don’t know the whole story about the West Vigo game. But really who cares at this point. 

I have a feeling that the tournament and this fall will end up like the spring did. Lets hope not. 

I don’t have any feathers I swear to God I don’t. I’m just tired of people bashing a team that barely has enough players when everyone is healthy, let alone with injuries and the covids. The legend just toad me they dressed 16 players Friday night. Can’t really play with less than that

59 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

I don’t have any feathers I swear to God I don’t. I’m just tired of people bashing a team that barely has enough players when everyone is healthy, let alone with injuries and the covids. The legend just toad me they dressed 16 players Friday night. Can’t really play with less than that

How did the Turkeys do it for so many years then?  

So, a whopping two games this week

I'll take the Wolves over the Mustangs and the Patriots over the Falcons.  Don't see either one being all that close.

Let's hope everyone gets to participate in the sectionals.  With fall breaks coming up, let's hope the cases don't spike and we get shut down.

18 minutes ago, Ballhawk said:

So, a whopping two games this week

I'll take the Wolves over the Mustangs and the Patriots over the Falcons.  Don't see either one being all that close.

Let's hope everyone gets to participate in the sectionals.  With fall breaks coming up, let's hope the cases don't spike and we get shut down.

Fountain and Warren are both on the rise. You have to wonder if it’s more testing or some other factors 

Hey my WRC friends:  Poked in here to say thanks to @Donnie Baker for being a booster again  and was reading about this weeks games..... 

I think it is a bit silly to infer that teams are dodging other teams because their afraid of competition and not because of Covid....  

Cmon WRC   be better than that.  

• Thanks 1

Oh I thought they were out this week because of fall break. I believe SV was on virtual schooling a few weeks back and continued to play on Friday night. Also as of 6 hours ago PH was posting that tickets were limited to 2 per player. So I assumed if they were canceling because they were out of school being virtual schooling they would of canceled before now.  Let know Donnie if there is anything else you want to argue about so we can get to 4 pages

1 minute ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Oh I thought they were out this week because of fall break. I believe SV was on virtual schooling a few weeks back and continued to play on Friday night. Also as of 6 hours ago PH was posting that tickets were limited to 2 per player. So I assumed if they were canceling because they were out of school being virtual schooling they would of canceled before now.  Let know Donnie if there is anything else you want to argue about so we can get to 4 pages

FC was supposed to be out Thursday and Friday for Fall break..but the shut it down on Monday after school.  Yes there has been a rise in FoCo. 

1 minute ago, JohnnyFootball said:

How about you just quit being a clown and donate?

23 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Hey my WRC friends:  Poked in here to say thanks to @Donnie Baker for being a booster again  and was reading about this weeks games..... 

I think it is a bit silly to infer that teams are dodging other teams because their afraid of competition and not because of Covid....  

Cmon WRC   be better than that.  

So what is it they where out games because of covid or were they short player because of injury?